An Apology

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

BrotherTheo
Ultra Wiggler

An Apology

Post by BrotherTheo » Wed May 03, 2017 12:50 pm

Hello friends,

I say friends knowing I may not have many left. I have been out of it for many months now, during that time I have treated some folks very badly. I am so very sorry for my behavior and hope that I can earn their forgiveness. At the very least I can make them whole, and that is what I am endeavoring to do now.

You may be wondering what happened to me. I had emergency surgery last year to remove a pesky organ that up and died. After that I got addicted to the pain meds. After kicking that addiction I fell into the bottle. Alcohol helped me sleep, as my joints all ached after the pain med episode. So I got help to kick the alcohol. Those two things (I guess), plus generally poor outlook and a Portland winter, led to a big bout of depression, which I am being treated for. Meanwhile, life without a gall bladder is not the cake walk they promised. I continue to have, um, episodes.

This is not offered as an excuse. I do not seek sympathy or a free pass. I just thought telling my story would help folks understand. I did not abuse people out of spite or malice.

That being said, Circuit Abbey is still alive. I am in the middle of raising funds to re-run products to fill orders, and shortly with a little luck release some new stuff.

To the people I have wronged: Please accept my apologies and please be patient a little longer. I will get to you soon.

Life is a funny thing. To quote Auntie, " But how the world turns. One day, cock of the walk. Next, a feather duster". I am trying to find the strength to rise above it and get back to having fun and making modules.

--Tim
Human, all too human...

www.circuitabbey.com

yghartsyrt
permanent entropy

Post by yghartsyrt » Wed May 03, 2017 1:18 pm

strength and positive outlook to you!

warnton
Wiggling with Experience

Post by warnton » Wed May 03, 2017 2:37 pm

so glad to hear from you!!
thanks for your work!
(life without invy would be impossible:-))
all the best wishes to you!

Demi Jon
Switched Out

Post by Demi Jon » Wed May 03, 2017 2:59 pm

Never witnessed the malice but was concerned by your absence. Welcome back, and speedy recovery from all your ills.

RussiaZero23
Wiggling with Experience

Re: An Apology

Post by RussiaZero23 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:09 pm

BrotherTheo wrote:Hello friends,

I say friends knowing I may not have many left. I have been out of it for many months now, during that time I have treated some folks very badly. I am so very sorry for my behavior and hope that I can earn their forgiveness. At the very least I can make them whole, and that is what I am endeavoring to do now.

You may be wondering what happened to me. I had emergency surgery last year to remove a pesky organ that up and died. After that I got addicted to the pain meds. After kicking that addiction I fell into the bottle. Alcohol helped me sleep, as my joints all ached after the pain med episode. So I got help to kick the alcohol. Those two things (I guess), plus generally poor outlook and a Portland winter, led to a big bout of depression, which I am being treated for. Meanwhile, life without a gall bladder is not the cake walk they promised. I continue to have, um, episodes.

This is not offered as an excuse. I do not seek sympathy or a free pass. I just thought telling my story would help folks understand. I did not abuse people out of spite or malice.

That being said, Circuit Abbey is still alive. I am in the middle of raising funds to re-run products to fill orders, and shortly with a little luck release some new stuff.

To the people I have wronged: Please accept my apologies and please be patient a little longer. I will get to you soon.

Life is a funny thing. To quote Auntie, " But how the world turns. One day, cock of the walk. Next, a feather duster". I am trying to find the strength to rise above it and get back to having fun and making modules.

--Tim
I wish you the best. It takes a lot to come forward and become so open. One day at a time, and if that is to much then 8 hours at a time. Welcome back.

I look forward to the G8 as it is on my lists

mattb
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mattb » Wed May 03, 2017 3:09 pm

Hey Tim, I wish you a quick recovery!
FS: Euroracks, Series 500 & more viewtopic.php?f=74&t=236184

scottmoon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by scottmoon » Wed May 03, 2017 3:28 pm

Glad you are back. Hope all goes well from here on out. Take care of yourself first and foremost. Peace
"If you think this world is bad, you should see some of the others" - PKD

My band's noise https://soundcloud.com/lunarasylum

jcn7
no longer editing my posts

Post by jcn7 » Wed May 03, 2017 3:53 pm

Yes, take care and glad to hear...
The conclusion, when all has been heard, is:
Fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. For God will bring every act to judgment, everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil. (Solomon)

My Bandcamp site: https://jamesnewman.bandcamp.com/

My Modular Cartoon drawing (Edgar's Dilemma) is available on TShirts/coffee and tea mugs/cell phone covers and other items here: https://newmanstudios.threadless.com/

Pighood
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pighood » Wed May 03, 2017 3:54 pm

Well that took some serious gall. :eek:
*phnert*

gonkulator
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gonkulator » Wed May 03, 2017 4:02 pm

I recently learned from a friend who had their gall bladder removed, that it takes a long time for your body to adjust, aside from having to eat differently, etc. I had no idea. That, along with the other circumstances you have experienced are going to make it a challenge for some time. Keep at it, and know you have a community that is for you.
Racks
Solaris Site
Stuff for sale
Stuff for sale shown on Modulargrid
WTB: Black panels

Unflappably nonchalant, with some exceptions

ChevChelios
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ChevChelios » Wed May 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Take care Tim!

I enjoy using the Axis on an almost daily basis. Can't wait to see your future designs.

bodo
Veteran Wiggler

Post by bodo » Wed May 03, 2017 4:12 pm

All the best!

mutierend
Veteran Wiggler

Post by mutierend » Wed May 03, 2017 5:01 pm

I had my gall bladder removed too. I don't miss it at all. But the, um, explosive diarrhea is not fun.

matttech
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by matttech » Wed May 03, 2017 5:04 pm

All the best with your recovery. I can certainly empathise!

Artaos
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Artaos » Wed May 03, 2017 5:15 pm

It takes a lot of courage and strength to be this honest, this apologetic, and to be able to fight back and get out of those situations that you described.

Every day, many people around the world enjoy the work that you have done, and create sounds and music with your modules. (In my case it's the G8.) I hope that you achieve your new goals of getting back to having fun and making new modules.

BrotherTheo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by BrotherTheo » Wed May 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Thanks everyone! You are all very kind. Even the dude that made the gall pun...

I always like to hear about folks using and enjoying my designs. Its the kind of thing that gets me out of bed in the morning.

--tim
Human, all too human...

www.circuitabbey.com

Stranger
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Stranger » Wed May 03, 2017 6:30 pm

Welcome back. Glad you are mostly whole and I wish you the best at becoming well.

Having had my own issues with depression, I know it isn't easy to pull yourself out of it, nor be open about it. This last winter was a rough one as well.

Right your wrongs, be honest, forgive yourself, hold your head up and keep on keeping on. Hourly if needed be.

You got this.

BaloErets
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BaloErets » Wed May 03, 2017 6:31 pm

No matter if it is my place to do so, to all of those who may have reacted harshly during those difficult times, that potentially may have made them worse, I would like to offer an apology for them. I don't think I have ever interacted with you in the past, but to have gone through what you have described, see where you have wronged and try to make things better... it not only takes an empathetic and courageous person, but a wonderful person as well.

All too human indeed; you, me and the rest of them :) I wish you all the luck in the world!

EDIT; Impulse Drive is high up on my shopping list ;)

JohnLRice

Post by JohnLRice » Wed May 03, 2017 7:06 pm

Sorry you've had a tough time! Welcome back and sending positive thoughts for your continued recovery! :hug:

I love your Unify mixer so much that every time I've tried to get out of Eurorack completely, then failed to do so, and then came back, I bought a Unify again! :doh: :lol: I currently only own one (and an expander) but have purchased three of them over the last 4 or 5 years. :spin:

hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by hawkfuzz » Wed May 03, 2017 7:12 pm

This is why I never go in and mob someone who has gone ghost.

I hope you're doing alright and that your last dramatic/negative hurdle is behind you. I'm glad these things did not spiral and you have been able to identify issues and treat them.

Best of success to you.

DSC
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by DSC » Wed May 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Might be the new right of passage. Had mine removed a few years ago. It gets better. I had to watch certain food combinations, but it all has evened out now. Good luck and nice to have you back. :party:
Last edited by Flatscan on Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: undoing the damage

TheSolenoids
Wiggling with Experience

Post by TheSolenoids » Wed May 03, 2017 7:35 pm

Welcome back.

Sometimes life deals out a pretty nasty hand of cards. It takes a lot of strength to come back to the table. You have demonstrated a strength that is "above and beyond".

Personally, I am thankful for your G8, which I use and love every day.

Keep up the good fight!
Critics talk about art. Artists talk about brushes.
The Solenoids new album, Tangled States is at: https://thesolenoids.hearnow.com/tangled-states

ZatsuOn
Common Wiggler

Post by ZatsuOn » Wed May 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Amazing how body parts that you didn't really even know about as a young person turn out to be attention-getters in later life. I tore the meniscus in my knee -- didn't even know I had a "meniscus" but ouch. And then there are the ripple effects...pain meds, depression, booze...

Hang in there Brother! You have a lot of good company here.

Dogma
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dogma » Wed May 03, 2017 8:10 pm

Respect my friend :)

You never wronged me at all but that kinda courage just has to be applauded - I take my hat off to you Sir

As you can see theres a lot of love for honesty :)

best of luck with the future

skeller047
Common Wiggler

Post by skeller047 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:18 pm

All the best to you; you have not wronged me in any way, but I understand where you are coming from. Good luck on your journey, and to recovery in every sense of the word.

-Steve

Return to “Eurorack Modules”