Kermit mk III - coming soon

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.
Jturbide
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Kermit mk III - coming soon

Post by Jturbide »

Ras Thavas wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:32 pm audible stair stepping my Double Andore Mk I does when it goes very slow.
Clearly you hate your double andore. I can be a good guy and help you getting rid of it :hihi:
Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Ras Thavas »

:) I can't blame you for trying, but no, I love my DB MKI. It's perfect in a small or large case, the wavetable envelopes work from wild and slow to tight and percussive, and the VCA's are Harvestman gnarly. Plus, it looks really cool...
Jturbide wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:43 pm
Ras Thavas wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:32 pm audible stair stepping my Double Andore Mk I does when it goes very slow.
Clearly you hate your double andore. I can be a good guy and help you getting rid of it :hihi:
robotopsy
Ultra Wiggler

Post by robotopsy »

There's no audible staircase effect unless you select a waveshape proper to this. and when the LFO is in ''TEMPO-LFO''
It can be ridiculously long. well way too long for Me.
Ras Thavas wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:32 pm Thanks Robotopsy, I should probably clarify-

I'm just looking to find out how slow the LFO mode can go in hertz (or seconds/minutes), didn't see it in documentation, and if the Kermit avoids the audible stair stepping my Double Andore Mk I does when it goes very slow.

The Kermit MK III looks a little "menu-y" in use (to me at least from videos), but if it can deliver some glacial LFO speed in hi-fi quality that would be worth it.
robotopsy wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:22 pm I'll prepare a very short demo of what you just asked.

Ras Thavas wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:43 pm Two simple questions for Kermit Mk III owners-

1) How low can the free LFO mode go? And...

2) At it's lowest mode, with a smooth wave like a sine, is there any audible stair stepping when used as pitch modulator or is the resolution high enough that it sounds smooth?

Thanks!
robotopsy
Ultra Wiggler

Post by robotopsy »

Here's some audio demo of Kermit LFO & Tempo LFO

Votek_Mendo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Votek_Mendo »

The one and only Robotopsy!
WTB: Publison KB2000 & DHM 89 B2, Vestax Faderboard, Electrospace TIME matrix, Syntovox 221

https://twitter.com/Votek_Mendo
http://soundcloud.com/votek_mendo
http://statigr.am/votek_mendo
gringostar
Veteran Wiggler

Post by gringostar »

Ras Thavas wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:32 pm Thanks Robotopsy, I should probably clarify-

I'm just looking to find out how slow the LFO mode can go in hertz (or seconds/minutes), didn't see it in documentation, and if the Kermit avoids the audible stair stepping my Double Andore Mk I does when it goes very slow.

The Kermit MK III looks a little "menu-y" in use (to me at least from videos), but if it can deliver some glacial LFO speed in hi-fi quality that would be worth it.
This is why I've always had a King Slender next to the DA mk1.
Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Ras Thavas »

Thanks for the great video Robotopsy, not only super-informative, but fascinating to watch, nice graphics! It seems like the Kermit MKIII can do everything I'd hoped for. Appreciate the tips from all.
robotopsy
Ultra Wiggler

Post by robotopsy »

The Kermit MKIII is probably my favorite Harvestman/IME of all.
It's modulation power is amazing. The cross modulation between channels can give you incredible sound source.
I've been studying a lot the preset management and the MORPH setting lately and it's power is beyond anything.
Since the Kermit's channels can be anything, the cross modulation seems to work differently from the other MKIII.
The stored presets cant morph from Oscillators to Random or Sample & Hold, but the parameters will. So if you set the MORPH to ''M1''
, You'll obtain something different from M2, which starts from another preset. It's like having 8 banks of 8 presets.
Ras Thavas wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:20 pm Thanks for the great video Robotopsy, not only super-informative, but fascinating to watch, nice graphics! It seems like the Kermit MKIII can do everything I'd hoped for. Appreciate the tips from all.
fosferus
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fosferus »

robotopsy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:38 pm The Kermit MKIII is probably my favorite Harvestman/IME of all.
It's modulation power is amazing. The cross modulation between channels can give you incredible sound source.
I've been studying a lot the preset management and the MORPH setting lately and it's power is beyond anything.
Since the Kermit's channels can be anything, the cross modulation seems to work differently from the other MKIII.
The stored presets cant morph from Oscillators to Random or Sample & Hold, but the parameters will. So if you set the MORPH to ''M1''
, You'll obtain something different from M2, which starts from another preset. It's like having 8 banks of 8 presets.
Ras Thavas wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:20 pm Thanks for the great video Robotopsy, not only super-informative, but fascinating to watch, nice graphics! It seems like the Kermit MKIII can do everything I'd hoped for. Appreciate the tips from all.
now you're talking loco. i like it. said this elsewhere, but kermit would be an incredible standalone noisebox. in my larger system i gravitate to patching wysiwyg modules. but in a smaller seup, it would be the towering center piece.
miles_macquarrie
Ultra Wiggler

Post by miles_macquarrie »

Well it looks like I dropped the ball on the Kermit mk3 pre-order from Control. They are sold out.

Does anybody know if Detroit Modular or other suppliers will be getting some as well? The ETA on Controls website says mid-late February arrival.
Llouwelyn
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Llouwelyn »

the new kermit can be run with PSU +/-15Volt? THX
Ras Thavas
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Ras Thavas »

Ditto on this, sigh...

if anyone bumps into info about available Kermits, let us know...
miles_macquarrie wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:15 pm Well it looks like I dropped the ball on the Kermit mk3 pre-order from Control. They are sold out.

Does anybody know if Detroit Modular or other suppliers will be getting some as well? The ETA on Controls website says mid-late February arrival.
miles_macquarrie
Ultra Wiggler

Post by miles_macquarrie »

Ras Thavas wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:34 pm Ditto on this, sigh...

if anyone bumps into info about available Kermits, let us know...
miles_macquarrie wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:15 pm Well it looks like I dropped the ball on the Kermit mk3 pre-order from Control. They are sold out.

I contacted Detroit Modular yesterday and they said they should be getting some late February. They don't know how many they're getting so haven't opened a pre-order yet, but will as soon as they hear how much of they're order will be fulfilled. They don't want to oversell the pre-order like some other retailers (I'm looking at you, Perfect Circuit).

Return to “The Harvestman”