Post your live modular performances here (Audio and Video)

Live patching, designs, and techniques that push the performance envelope.
sukyaneer
Common Wiggler

Re: Post your live modular performances here (Audio and Video)

Post by sukyaneer »

Delighted to share my recent performance at Leeds Modular Meet, with an entirely improvised live set, that moves from abstract to heavily rhythmic material...

morphmuse
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by morphmuse »

sukyaneer wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:34 am Delighted to share my recent performance at Leeds Modular Meet, with an entirely improvised live set, that moves from abstract to heavily rhythmic material...

{video}
Excellent, very fine work
sukyaneer
Common Wiggler

Post by sukyaneer »

metamorphmuses wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:46 am
sukyaneer wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:34 am Delighted to share my recent performance at Leeds Modular Meet, with an entirely improvised live set, that moves from abstract to heavily rhythmic material...

{video}
Excellent, very fine work
thanks very much! I personally enjoyed for also not knowing exactly what was to come next 😀
erdbeerschnitzel
Common Wiggler

Post by erdbeerschnitzel »

I enjoyed this, too! Could you briefly explain how you use the module with six faders, bottom right from your perspective? E.g. the synth sound transition around 7:15 made me think that you select different sample "slices" via the fader, but that's just me speculating.
sukyaneer
Common Wiggler

Post by sukyaneer »

erdbeerschnitzel wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:16 am
I enjoyed this, too! Could you briefly explain how you use the module with six faders, bottom right from your perspective? E.g. the synth sound transition around 7:15 made me think that you select different sample "slices" via the fader, but that's just me speculating.
Thanks for watching it then. Here's the case I was using. I was using the Mutamix to mix live, but the Voltage Block at my top left to alter and change things all the way through too. There's lot of muting and manipulation taking place with the mixer in my sets so I can keep alternating the balances and introduce and edit sounds.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/2108824
fosferus
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fosferus »

very well done robin! especially loved the intro, reminded me of 90s ambient. impressive use of the equation composer, i remember it being a bit unruly. sadly mine died years ago so i didn't get a lot of time to master it.
vladosh
Common Wiggler

Post by vladosh »

Hello ,here's 3 recordings ,variations on same patch i did on my homemade analog modular ,i just used a bit an old peavey echo ,it was a sergesque diy synth with not that impressive line up of modules ,these are recorded during 3 days in July-August 2020

https://vladoshribski.bandcamp.com/album/variations

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 100%; height: 120px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/alb ... rent=true/" seamless><a href=" by vladosh ribski</a></iframe>

<iframe style="border: 0; width: 100%; height: 120px;" src="https://bandcamp.com/EmbeddedPlayer/alb ... rent=true/" seamless><a href=" by vladosh ribski</a></iframe>

Soy Sos
Dub Surgeon

Post by Soy Sos »

We've done a bunch of these on Pittsburgh Modular's channel. Here's the latest with our pal Buscrates! Always completely improvised with zero preparation!
tigersi
Common Wiggler

Post by tigersi »

:hail: :yay: FUCK ME, THIS WAS AN AMAZING JOURNEY. THANK YOU SO MUCH :goo: :goo: :goo:
Halfgeleider wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:51 pm
Played live in quadrophonic set up during 'Modulation' a festival from modular404 label in Belgium.
Prepatched but wiggling and repatching during the show.
Sonic rider, Dudal, HHNOI and Rachel palmer where on the bill.
FOH recording and visuals from 2 angles togheter with visuals that were manipulated live by the venue crew. The venue held a screen of 7x4 M on which the video you see was projected. Pretty impressive for me since this was my 5th live performance with modular. around 100 tickets were sold and people sat in comfy chairs on an elevated platform.
Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.

We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.
booger
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by booger »

:agree:
Halfgeleider
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Halfgeleider »

tigersi wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:21 pm :hail: :yay: FUCK ME, THIS WAS AN AMAZING JOURNEY. THANK YOU SO MUCH :goo: :goo: :goo:
Halfgeleider wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:51 pm
Played live in quadrophonic set up during 'Modulation' a festival from modular404 label in Belgium.
Prepatched but wiggling and repatching during the show.
Sonic rider, Dudal, HHNOI and Rachel palmer where on the bill.
FOH recording and visuals from 2 angles togheter with visuals that were manipulated live by the venue crew. The venue held a screen of 7x4 M on which the video you see was projected. Pretty impressive for me since this was my 5th live performance with modular. around 100 tickets were sold and people sat in comfy chairs on an elevated platform.
Thanks, nice to hear you liked it, hoping to do more shows and release new modular music in 2023!
spaceperson16
Common Wiggler

Post by spaceperson16 »

LARGEMAN & MISSINGNO (WIEN/AT) – audiovisual performance
„This time I will take you through a journey distorting time. I will try to do my longest set today and I will try not to fail. I told myself to make time the main topic of this concert. How texture and constructs change from certain viewpoints, and these viewpoints are different time settings. I have never set a topic for a live concert before, so this is new as well. Times are changing and I'll try my best to be in between this experimental topic and some more danceable arrangements. Maybe even some Kraut again, but probably not this time. let's see, let time tell the story..."
spaceperson16
Common Wiggler

Post by spaceperson16 »

For the first time I was trying to do a techno set. Made a lot of weird creative decisions but of a fun ride. have fun :)

"Signal Zirkus 029: Largeman (Wien/AT)

When the night smokes out and the neon shines through dark alleys. A young couple look through the skyscrapers, mist and glow of the city into the abyss of the sky. A giant fiery rocket on the way to mars pushes through the lonely fluffy clouds. Beneath them the hard beat of the underworld clubs crawls through the gutter and attracts the crowd. They follow. Darkness, weirdness, neon again.
Space meets techno. Experimental electronics meets beefy arps. Analog meets digital. Modular weirdness meets digital Grooveboxes. Patching meets saving.
youkon
frequency research department

Post by youkon »

Had a sleepless night.
Harmonic Osc makes the lead

Sweelinck
Common Wiggler

Post by Sweelinck »

spaceperson16 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:16 am

LARGEMAN & MISSINGNO (WIEN/AT) – audiovisual performance
„This time I will take you through a journey distorting time. I will try to do my longest set today and I will try not to fail. I told myself to make time the main topic of this concert. How texture and constructs change from certain viewpoints, and these viewpoints are different time settings. I have never set a topic for a live concert before, so this is new as well. Times are changing and I'll try my best to be in between this experimental topic and some more danceable arrangements. Maybe even some Kraut again, but probably not this time. let's see, let time tell the story..."
A very intense and interesting live set because it has a precise objective. A grid of work around a well-defined concept often has more chance of capturing attention than a long speech with no other aim than pure pleasure without prior reflection. Modular music needs this. Congratulations. That said, the experimental polarity remains quite predominant over the danceable side. Hard or willing?

Return to “Play Out! Performance Modulars”