Odd pitch warble on uTune

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.
snailed
Wiggling with Experience

Odd pitch warble on uTune

Post by snailed »

hello,

I'm getting an odd pitch warble no matter what I do with uTune. I've tried various settings to no avail. It's not consistent but I hear a very slight warble sometimes on certain notes, almost like a trill or something. I have tried it with/without gate, auto trig, with glide disabled, with various trigger delay settings, etc. I've isolated this to being a uTune problem as it hasn't happened in any other way with my entire case-- i've tried various different voices, vcas, scales, whatever I can think of. any idea what's happening?

you can hear it quite a few times in this video, but unfortunately it's just phone audio. if you are unable to hear what i'm talking about i'll try and record a better example.

tubbutec
Ultra Wiggler

Re: Odd pitch warble on uTune

Post by tubbutec »

this kind of error is new to me. So hard to tell what is causing it.

Maybe you can describe your setup a bit, especially how you use µTune. As a quantizer with CV-in / CV out?
Does the issue also occur when you only play one single tone? Are all µTune channels affected?

thank you
snailed
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Odd pitch warble on uTune

Post by snailed »

I am using as a quantizer with CV in/out. I have not tried with MIDI yet. It seems to happen on the main unit and not the expanders, and only when using a gate/trigger (pretty sure but I have to test this last part about the gate). Yes it does happen when I play a single tone.

Here are two sounds, the first is from the expander, the second is from the main unit. The expander sounds fine but the main unit sounds strange, warbly, clicky:

Expander: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7a6t74zhajqy ... r.wav?dl=0

Main Unit: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n4jb308xjfdu1 ... t.wav?dl=0

Return to “Tubbutec”