Anyone ever tried to update the firmware via WAV on Tresses or Grilles?

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.
batchas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Anyone ever tried to update the firmware via WAV on Tresses or Grilles?

Post by batchas »

Hello
A friend is asking me if uploading an alternative firmware via WAV on Tresses does work.
Unfortunately I have no idea and can't try right now.
I tried with Grids when I was building it and it never worked. I took care of grounding the signal, also tested with different volumes, without success.
So my question is, did anyone ever tried to do the audio WAV file firmware update on a banana module with success?
DickMarker
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Anyone ever tried to update the firmware via WAV on Tresses or Grilles?

Post by DickMarker »

Thanks Robert 👍
It's myself who was wondering about this - any info much appreciated!
BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Post by BugBrand »

I managed it perhaps once or twice on grilles - think it worked like first try, wondered what the fuss was about.. tried again.. impossible! Though think I somehow got it again after multiple tries. Never tried Tresses.
batchas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batchas »

BugBrand wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:57 pm I managed it perhaps once or twice on grilles - think it worked like first try, wondered what the fuss was about.. tried again.. impossible! Though think I somehow got it again after multiple tries. Never tried Tresses.
Thanx Tom for the feedback.
Knowing that the audio level/volume of the signal sent to the module is critical, I tried back then a lot of different settings, unfortunately without success.

If it worked with Grilles then it should with Tresses, but I'm not sure there's a risk if the WAV upload does not work to brick the module.
This is something I'm not sure about, this is why it is difficult for me to say "just try it" to a friend without STLink module which allows to flash the module via JTAG in case it gets bricked.
northerntao
Wiggling with Experience

Post by northerntao »

When I got my Grilles from Jasmine’s run, I think she offered me a choice between stock and another Grids firmware. I think she was trying to get the MIDI clock in to work with the analog clock out, but it wasn’t reliable so I went with the stock Grids firmware.

Return to “BugBrand Devices”