Kermit mk III - coming soon

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.
robotopsy
Ultra Wiggler

Re: Kermit mk III - coming soon

Post by robotopsy »

Have you tried a custom wavebank from someone else that managed to make it work it out.
If not , I could send you one. Or try your bank here first.
PM me if you're interested and I'll check this out when I got the chance and some spare time.
coleusound
Learning to Wiggle

Post by coleusound »

Yes I tried the one Leverkusen posted here a while back that apparently worked for some people. I mean I would have at least gotten an error or fail message instead of just a straight up freeze right?
Ivan Sokol
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ivan Sokol »

Hey! Has anyone had a strange preset reload experience when using stored presets? I have CH1 set up as clocked LFO with multiplier set to 1X, the preset is written into the memory. When I use this preset again and lets say readjust (not resaving the preset, just tweaking it) the DIV/Mult to /32 instead of 1X it will remember the new setting for some time (approx 15mins) and then it will jump back to 1X speed, which can be very annoying while patching. I am pretty sure this is a bug.
James_S
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by James_S »

Ivan Sokol wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:43 am Hey! Has anyone had a strange preset reload experience when using stored presets? I have CH1 set up as clocked LFO with multiplier set to 1X, the preset is written into the memory. When I use this preset again and lets say readjust (not resaving the preset, just tweaking it) the DIV/Mult to /32 instead of 1X it will remember the new setting for some time (approx 15mins) and then it will jump back to 1X speed, which can be very annoying while patching. I am pretty sure this is a bug.
You need to put the preset in "EDIT" mode by double clicking the encoder. I've made this mistake before...
Ivan Sokol
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ivan Sokol »

Hey, I believe there is another bug with the presets.

BUG: after saving a tempo synced LFO in a preset, then reloading this preset will glitch out the waveform outputs that were set to tempo synced LFO mode.

Steps to recreate:

1) Set up a tempo synced LFO with a Sine waveform. Check that the LED lights up smoothly or patch it to pitch of an oscillator to hear a smooth waveform.
2) Save a preset
3) Load this preset
4) Monitor how now every sync of the waveform introduces a weird waveform reset type of glitch, the waveform is no longer moving smoothly over multiple cycles.
jwm
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jwm »

Ivan Sokol wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:11 pm Hey, I believe there is another bug with the presets.

BUG: after saving a tempo synced LFO in a preset, then reloading this preset will glitch out the waveform outputs that were set to tempo synced LFO mode.

Steps to recreate:

1) Set up a tempo synced LFO with a Sine waveform. Check that the LED lights up smoothly or patch it to pitch of an oscillator to hear a smooth waveform.
2) Save a preset
3) Load this preset
4) Monitor how now every sync of the waveform introduces a weird waveform reset type of glitch, the waveform is no longer moving smoothly over multiple cycles.
what fw are you running? i cannot recreate this in v1.2 (though i suppose it's possible 1.5 could have broken this...)
Ivan Sokol
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ivan Sokol »

jwm wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:13 pm
Ivan Sokol wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:11 pm Hey, I believe there is another bug with the presets.

Steps to recreate:

2) Save a preset
3) Load this preset
what fw are you running? i cannot recreate this in v1.2 (though i suppose it's possible 1.5 could have broken this...)
Im on the 1.5b version :)
Ivan Sokol
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Ivan Sokol »

New Preset saving bug:

1) Save a a preset with CH A set to a complex waveform, while the "LFO is set to Clocked mode" (this might not be important, but mentioning just in case)
2) Load this preset
3) Change CH A waveform to Bank 1 Sine wave
4) adjust the Time pot of CH A a few times CW and CCW
5) The waveform type will jump back to previously saved waveform (complex one)

Seems like presets have a lot of weird glitches and inconsistencies, all I want to do is save a simple Clocked LFO preset that will work when I need it.
jwm
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jwm »

Ivan Sokol wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:37 pm New Preset saving bug:

1) Save a a preset with CH A set to a complex waveform, while the "LFO is set to Clocked mode" (this might not be important, but mentioning just in case)
2) Load this preset

Seems like presets have a lot of weird glitches and inconsistencies, all I want to do is save a simple Clocked LFO preset that will work when I need it.
can't replicate this on 1.2 either—maybe your best bet for now would be to roll back?
DeltaTucanae
Common Wiggler

Post by DeltaTucanae »

jwm wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:39 pm

2) Load this preset

can't replicate this on 1.2 either—maybe your best bet for now would be to roll back?
I cannot replicate this on my Kermit that is also running 1.5b
Leverkusen
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Leverkusen »

2) Load this preset

I wonder if this is could be expected behaviour - did you activate preset edit mode between steps 2) and 3) ?
Scatre
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Scatre »

Starting to fall in love with the potential of Kermit, thanks to demos from robotopsy. My main question:

I already have PHmk3 and a Quadrax. Do Kermit owners think it would be redundant?
James_S
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by James_S »

Scatre wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:07 pm Starting to fall in love with the potential of Kermit, thanks to demos from robotopsy. My main question:

I already have PHmk3 and a Quadrax. Do Kermit owners think it would be redundant?
Not sure what the Piston Honda would have to do with your decision, but under no circumstances would a Kermit ever be redundant. It brings so much more to the party than a Quadrax.
Scatre
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Scatre »

James_S wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:05 am
Scatre wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:07 pm Starting to fall in love with the potential of Kermit, thanks to demos from robotopsy. My main question:

Not sure what the Piston Honda would have to do with your decision, but under no circumstances would a Kermit ever be redundant. It brings so much more to the party than a Quadrax.
Kermit can be used as a Wavetable osc. Piston Honda is a Wavetable osc. That’s the correlation.

Thanks for your input.
James_S
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by James_S »

Scatre wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:18 am
James_S wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:05 am

Kermit can be used as a Wavetable osc. Piston Honda is a Wavetable osc. That’s the correlation.

Thanks for your input.
Ah I see... There's very little crossover with the oscillators and there's nothing your Kermit can do that will put your PH out of business!!! Still a cool little addiction though! I have quite a few Mod sources and if I were forced to only keep one it'd definitely be the Kermit... It can do SO much!!!
texturerama
Ultra Wiggler

Post by texturerama »

Just to add to this– there's nothing in Euro (that I'm aware of) that does anything like the Kermit's code scan. It's just SO sick!
[url="viewtopic.php?f=74&t=255498"]FS/FT (US/WW) – Mostly Euro sell-off (Landscape.fm, Tascam, EHX, SSF, Bastl, Doepfer)/url]
fosferus
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by fosferus »

texturerama wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:01 am Just to add to this– there's nothing in Euro (that I'm aware of) that does anything like the Kermit's code scan. It's just SO sick!
does codescan go to sub-audio rate? i only see it under the oscillator section of the manual, but figured i'd ask anyway. my o_c is permanently dedicated to the bytebeat algos, wondering if i could replicate it with kermit.
jwm
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jwm »

dooj88 wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:18 am
texturerama wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:01 am Just to add to this– there's nothing in Euro (that I'm aware of) that does anything like the Kermit's code scan. It's just SO sick!
does codescan go to sub-audio rate? i only see it under the oscillator section of the manual, but figured i'd ask anyway. my o_c is permanently dedicated to the bytebeat algos, wondering if i could replicate it with kermit.
it will go low-audio rate, not quite sub. some cool textures to be had, especially when filtered, but i wouldn't quite say it's bytebeat territory.
clwilla
Ultra Wiggler

Post by clwilla »

Looming Question:

I want to set a single LFO frequency (OSC A) that will control the LFO frequency on all channels, and simply change the phase on each channel to get what I’m after.

The manual mentions quadrature mode in the OSC Copy section, but it also says OSC Copy only works with OSC C and D, and never mentions quadrature mode again.

I could use a clock to control all 4, but I’m not really looking for exact timing or tempos, nor in using divisions/multiplications.

Is there a good way to do this?
lessness
Learning to Wiggle

Post by lessness »

hi everyone,

anyone having problems with the clock receiver? mine seems to add one more value to any clock I send to it. if my tempo is 120, Kermit will read 121..
any idea how to fix this ?

cheers!
skinpop
Common Wiggler

Post by skinpop »

I wish the sample and hold had a mode that samples directly from its own channel using the wavetables. any reason this isn't possible? Seems like a no brainer to me.
blue noise
GOM
Common Wiggler

Post by GOM »

lessness wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:10 pm hi everyone,

anyone having problems with the clock receiver? mine seems to add one more value to any clock I send to it. if my tempo is 120, Kermit will read 121..
any idea how to fix this ?

cheers!
There's nothing to fix, it's just different devices different perception of tempo. They'll be in sync, but Pam's (for example) perception of 120 will always be different to Kermit's or your DAW or whatever it be.

Return to “The Harvestman”