Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
Accelra
Common Wiggler

Re: Instruo Lúbadh stereo looper

Post by Accelra »

Man, that UK price is painfull.
gran_syth
Wiggling with Experience

Post by gran_syth »

Accelra wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:06 am Man, that UK price is painfull.
Well, many seemed to think it’s value for money! Sold out at Signal Sound already!
radialMelt
Common Wiggler

Post by radialMelt »

macio wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:59 am I wonder if it's possible to make clocked/quantized recording (like Morphagene can) in Clocked preset. So recording starts and stops only with a clock.
I've not used a Morphagene so take this with a grain of salt, but you could always make clocked/quantized recordings with the Lubadh. You can use the clocking features to not only have it chase other clocks, but to act as a master as well, having sequencers, etc chase the Lubadh.
macio
Common Wiggler

Post by macio »

radialMelt wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:09 am
macio wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:59 am I wonder if it's possible to make clocked/quantized recording (like Morphagene can) in Clocked preset. So recording starts and stops only with a clock.
I've not used a Morphagene so take this with a grain of salt, but you could always make clocked/quantized recordings with the Lubadh. You can use the clocking features to not only have it chase other clocks, but to act as a master as well, having sequencers, etc chase the Lubadh.
With Morphagene when you press record, it waits for the next clock before starting to record. I guess with Lubadh I would need some kind of logic module.
auditorycanvas
Wiggling with Experience

Post by auditorycanvas »

macio wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:15 am
With Morphagene when you press record, it waits for the next clock before starting to record. I guess with Lubadh I would need some kind of logic module.
There's a dedicated record trigger input on the Lubadh. In several of the presets, you can send a clock/gate to the record trigger input to start and stop recording. For example, if you wanted a 1 bar recording, send a clock to the record trigger input that has a pulse every bar - first trigger will start recording, second trigger will end it.
Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

gran_syth wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:22 am
Well, many seemed to think it’s value for money! Sold out at Signal Sound already!
I was still sitting on the fence for the reason mentioned, but if I can’t order one at Signal Sound anymore, then that’s me done.

At the risk to irritate the Instruo fan club again ;) , could anyone please confirm that the new firmware is actually an improvement? I quite like my Lubadh the way it is and I wouldn’t want to ruin it.
I’ve seen cases where things get worse and I’m not sure I want to sit watching a two hour video to find out whether doing the update is worth the hassle or not.
Kosmikos’ tracks on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-254876270
macio
Common Wiggler

Post by macio »

auditorycanvas wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:45 am
There's a dedicated record trigger input on the Lubadh. In several of the presets, you can send a clock/gate to the record trigger input to start and stop recording. For example, if you wanted a 1 bar recording, send a clock to the record trigger input that has a pulse every bar - first trigger will start recording, second trigger will end it.
But than, there's a risk that it'll will unsync if you don't keep it in sync with a clock. The other concern is that I don't want to use clock for starting recording but rather footswitch or manually by pushing button.
soundular
Common Wiggler

Post by soundular »

Kosmikos wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:03 am
I was still sitting on the fence for the reason mentioned, but if I can’t order one at Signal Sound anymore, then that’s me done.

At the risk to irritate the Instruo fan club again ;) , could anyone please confirm that the new firmware is actually an improvement? I quite like my Lubadh the way it is and I wouldn’t want to ruin it.
I’ve seen cases where things get worse and I’m not sure I want to sit watching a two hour video to find out whether doing the update is worth the hassle or not.
I don't have one, but you could also read the version 2 manual to see if what's in there sparks your interest:
https://www.instruomodular.com/wp-conte ... V2-A5-.pdf

I'm also curious if the 2hp usb expansion is only being sold separately, or will it be bundled with Lubadh moving forward?
macio
Common Wiggler

Post by macio »

soundular wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:41 am

I don't have one, but you could also read the version 2 manual to see if what's in there sparks your interest:
https://www.instruomodular.com/wp-conte ... V2-A5-.pdf
[...]
No need to worry. There's a classic preset that resembles v1. My overall impression is good, loops don't have clicks anymore. The only thing that could be confusing is about capacitive touch plates. Now you need to enable them in preset files.
enzyme00
Common Wiggler

Post by enzyme00 »

Woah! It happened! Excited to watch the video.
My Modular + Matriarch / My Youtube
virtualpt
Wiggling with Experience

Post by virtualpt »

peachesandbacon wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:50 pm
Kosmikos wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:04 pm What? A new firmware?? I really didn’t see it coming!
:miley:

That’s an expensive sample pack, or and expensive USB expander if you don’t need both… :cry:
Personally I think it’s a nice optional way to support the development of the new firmware, which sounds like it really was a huge chunk of work and a big labour of love.

It’s available for free, yet people are still complaining even after the guys at Instruo clearly worked on this thing for the best part of 2 years.

For me it was an instant buy and a good way to support the development of the software.
100% agree :)
For Sale/Trade: Milky Way, Black Hole DSP2, Logica XT, Erica Seqs
For Trade: My Montreal Assembly Count to Five for your Strymon El Capistan

https://fierceislands.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/fierceislands/
virtualpt
Wiggling with Experience

Post by virtualpt »

Only played with it for a few hours, but it feels like a big improvement to me. Only used the default looper preset, but this is how I always wished Lubadh worked; it makes my workflow much more intuitive, rather than having to bounce between decks. Also for me, the beeping noise is gone!

virtualpt
Wiggling with Experience

Post by virtualpt »

maaark wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:23 pm Watched the longggg video and really intrigued. Super curious to know what it means for the digital (beeping) noise myself and others were experiencing. Sold my module because of that, but if it’s gone will definitely buy again.
The beeping noise seems to be gone for me :)

Kosmikos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kosmikos »

virtualpt wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:02 am

Only played with it for a few hours, but it feels like a big improvement to me. Only used the default looper preset, but this is how I always wished Lubadh worked; it makes my workflow much more intuitive, rather than having to bounce between decks. Also for me, the beeping noise is gone!
Excellent, thanks. This sounds promising then! :hyper:
Kosmikos’ tracks on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/user-254876270
Crevice
Common Wiggler

Post by Crevice »

digidandy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:53 am
Crevice wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:33 am I just bought one as well in hopes it helps. Should ground lift button be on or off? I'm assuming on since that seems to be the point. Just want to make sure
Just curious if you got to test it, and if it helps? :eek:
I did and returned it. I am already using a hum reducer on my entire case which sort of helps so this made no difference at all for me.
Yomguithereal
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Yomguithereal »

The beeping noise is gone for me too, which I am very happy about. The auxiliary crossfading output however is still very noisy (especially when slided to the left side/deck). Even without anything patched and all the input/output pots turned down it emits some digital crackling noise. But it was already more or less the same before the update. I wonder whether my particular unit is faulty regarding the aux out.
radialMelt
Common Wiggler

Post by radialMelt »

macio wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:15 am
But than, there's a risk that it'll will unsync if you don't keep it in sync with a clock. The other concern is that I don't want to use clock for starting recording but rather footswitch or manually by pushing button.
Yes, right you are. I use a logic module for this as well.
pelang
Veteran Wiggler

Post by pelang »

Yomguithereal wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:16 am The beeping noise is gone for me too, which I am very happy about. The auxiliary crossfading output however is still very noisy (especially when slided to the left side/deck). Even without anything patched and all the input/output pots turned down it emits some digital crackling noise. But it was already more or less the same before the update. I wonder whether my particular unit is faulty regarding the aux out.
I had the same problem and returned it but the new unit had the same problem. As well the aux did distort the sound. I sold it a year ago as the clicks and the aux didn't work for me. You may have a very early unit as others don't have this problem.

However, the update looks great...I may buy it again..
peachesandbacon
Veteran Wiggler

Post by peachesandbacon »

If Lubadh is externally clocked, does that mean if you were using say a footswitch to trigger the recording gate, Would that mean it wont start recording until the next clock pulse?
radialMelt
Common Wiggler

Post by radialMelt »

peachesandbacon wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:46 pm
If Lubadh is externally clocked, does that mean if you were using say a footswitch to trigger the recording gate, Would that mean it wont start recording until the next clock pulse?
Can't speak to the new firmware, but no, in the v1 at least, this is not the case. The record trigger input is not quantized at all to any clock
ekkomouse
Common Wiggler

Post by ekkomouse »

I'm also curious if the 2hp usb expansion is only being sold separately, or will it be bundled with Lubadh moving forward?
Instruo said by e-mail the usb expansion only sold separately is temporary and it will eventually be in the box when stock turns over, it may be a few weeks. He also said the price of the lubadh would be increasing when the usb expander is added.
clwilla
Ultra Wiggler

Post by clwilla »

ekkomouse wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:14 pm
Instruo said by e-mail the usb expansion only sold separately is temporary and it will eventually be in the box when stock turns over, it may be a few weeks. He also said the price of the lubadh would be increasing when the usb expander is added.
Although I get it, that’s rough. The module is already $655. Regardless of how cool it is, bumping that price towards the mid-700s is a questionable decision.
auditorycanvas
Wiggling with Experience

Post by auditorycanvas »

macio wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:15 am
If you use the trigger input and feed it a clock, it will trigger at the clock rate - so if you use a 1 pulse per bar clock to trigger record start and stop, then move the clock to the trigger input, it will stay synced.

The record trigger is instant, there's no way to 'quantize' recording without using a clock/quantized pulse to trigger recording (in modes that accept it), unless your footswitch timing is impeccable.
soundular
Common Wiggler

Post by soundular »

clwilla wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:11 pm
ekkomouse wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:14 pm
Although I get it, that’s rough. The module is already $655. Regardless of how cool it is, bumping that price towards the mid-700s is a questionable decision.
Yeah, I guess some people will get it now for a bit cheaper and just use a usb cable, or a different usb panel option to save a bit.

It will be interesting to see what people do with the new version. Checking out some of the video, the swapping of presets is a great idea and also the ability to program in your own parameters in a way that doesn't require a programming background is neat.
uredsteve
Learning to Wiggle

Post by uredsteve »

For me with new firmware noise has gone and this mod is now my absolute favourite. Ability to record overdub, reverse etc means hours of fun

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”