Memotron sound collections???

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.
four_corners
Common Wiggler

Memotron sound collections???

Post by four_corners »

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to buy all the Memotron sound packs/collections NOT on CD?

I just bought the desktop Memotron this past week and was planning on getting a bunch of the sound packs (streetly, etc…) and just realized they only seem available on CD still, and guess what, I no longer have a CD drive, haha.

It seems like the Manikin people have slowly been fading away so if they aren’t available to buy as a download, I think I’ll literally have to buy the CDs and go to the library or something, or buy an external drive, ugh.

Just thought I’d ask in case there is a site that sells them digitally that I haven’t found. Thanks!
Squirrel70
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Memotron sound collections???

Post by Squirrel70 »

You will just have to buy the discs and load them onto the SD card from your computer. Or
use a SD card reader and extract the files off the discs and copy them to the SD card.

Manikin does not make their soundsets available as digital downloads afaik.
four_corners
Common Wiggler

Post by four_corners »

Squirrel70 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:51 pm You will just have to buy the discs and load them onto the SD card from your computer. Or
use a SD card reader and extract the files off the discs and copy them to the SD card.

Manikin does not make their soundsets available as digital downloads afaik.
Dang, okay...

Yeah I understand I'll need to load them from CDs to SD cards, but I mentioned in my original post I no longer have a CD/DVD drive for any computer in my house (haven't needed to use a CD in years), so annoyingly I'll need to buy a CD/DVD drive just to buy these CDs to ultimately move them to the SD card.

It is just a bit frustrating, especially since most of the discs I want (like the Streetly anniversary pack) aren't available from any US retailers it seems. Meaning I literally will have to buy them all the way from Thomann or somewhere else in Europe. I know it's not the nicest thing to do, but I wish I just knew someone with them already that I could "borrow" the packs from, haha. I did at least buy the Memotron new, so I know Manikin already made more money than just a second hand sale.
hippo1
Wiggling with Experience

Post by hippo1 »

I've also been wondering... I have owned a M2K for a couple years, and now notice that they're selling 'Extended' versions, with ALL of their sounds already loaded into their SD on-board. I've emailed them once as to availability of those SDs; I'd gladly pay for one straight from them. But to no avail.

I'll try to contact 'em again...
RickKleffel
Veteran Wiggler

Post by RickKleffel »

Just looked up the M2K extended,,,now I'm interested!
four_corners
Common Wiggler

Post by four_corners »

hippo1 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:28 am I've also been wondering... I have owned a M2K for a couple years, and now notice that they're selling 'Extended' versions, with ALL of their sounds already loaded into their SD on-board. I've emailed them once as to availability of those SDs; I'd gladly pay for one straight from them. But to no avail.

I'll try to contact 'em again...
Exactly! It would be great to just buy the fully loaded SD card, rather than collecting a bunch of CDs from all over like they are old baseball cards...

I also really wish there was a way to build the Frames on my computer, rather than sitting there and clicking a thousand things on the module. I guess technically the frames could be shared amongst people as they don't contain the samples, just link to the files.

Return to “General Gear”