ADDAC 112 - bug (?) reports

New Interfaces for Analog Synthesizers.
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

ADDAC 112 - bug (?) reports

Post by Mglossop »

If you perform some operations within a PRESET, e.g. clear the buffer, then it seems that this is permanent, i.e. the changes are automatically saved. However, some edits are not permanent, e.g. editing the Attack/Release times. Surely any changes should only be saved into the PRESET if you use UPDATE PRESET from the Menu?
Last edited by Mglossop on Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

Re: ADDAC 112 - bug (?) reports

Post by Mglossop »

--- deleted ---
Last edited by Mglossop on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mglossop »

In these photos there's a strange icon towards the top left corner, between 2 vertical lines, to the right of "1 5" and to the left of the scale name "PENTA MINOR"

What does it mean? Is it a bug?
Attachments
IMG_0498.jpeg
IMG_0498 2.jpeg
Last edited by Mglossop on Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mglossop »

Consolidate Loop:

This works fine and is very useful, but, even after a PRESET UPDATE and a SAVE BANK, the edited loop reverts to its pre-edited state after re-loading the Bank. The new start and end points have been ignored.

NEW LOOP FROM EDIT works and succeeds in creating a new Loop, which is respected by a Bank re-load. However, repeated use of this function creates many un-required Loops on the SD card.
dtard
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dtard »

okay.. I have encountered a ton. I don't remember them all so I'll add posts when I remember them:

1. Grain pitch jumping an octave for a split second when changing the grain count. Just ruins any sort of live playability
2. Grains just... decide to stop entirely sometimes? Like I will change grain count and they will play once and just stop. Intermittency is low, possibly not on at all when this happens.
3. Grain sample rate on half has a ridiculous high pitched tone at lower sample rates that just destroys any sort of usability. This is NOT present when using full on that same sample rate so it's clearly a bug, and if not it's a problem and it needs to be fixed.
urogijani
Common Wiggler

Post by urogijani »

Please send those to Addac support and all the other bugs you found. - 'addac@addacsystem.com'

I got in touch with them this week and they wrote that - 'The current Beta firmware will soon become the official firmware, given we haven’t received any error reports for some months now.'

So it would be nice to report all the bugs so they can be fixed for the official firmware.
GOM
Common Wiggler

Post by GOM »

Feels like this module should be redesigned so it can actually do what it was designed to do and those who bought the original given the chance to return it and replace it for a generous price. There was a time when I was desperate for it but I'm so glad I steered clear...

Return to “ADDAC System”