Manatee - From concept to instrument

The island of hybrid & multitimbral machines
marzacdev
Common Wiggler

Re: Manatee - From concept to instrument

Post by marzacdev »

Really, time to market is when I am finished.

Fred's Lab is mostly me and contractors. There is no big structure, big plans. I also work for other companies.
marzacdev
Common Wiggler

Re: Manatee - From concept to instrument

Post by marzacdev »

Today, a big step forward!

Nothing related to the sound engine but ...

By now, the machine has its own MIDI bootloader, allowing the update of the operating system without needing a specific programming probe. I will soon be able to send alpha units to my close collaborators, to get their first feedback and to help me with checking the software quality, as it's being developed.

Last week, I managed to write the loading and saving of the patches. Multis will come after. At the moment, there is space for 250 presets and a possibility to double this capacity in the future.

All of the hardware has been tested with the exception of the extension DSP board made to double the polyphony and (hopefully, if possible) to add more insert effects.

I scheduled an appointment in the middle of January 2023 with an EMC lab to check the hardware against CE & FCC electronic requirements. I aim at having a rough version of the operating system by that time so the measurements are meaningful. Let's hope for the best!!!

Return to “Fred's Lab”