Piston Honda MKII

Digital Audio Electronics - discussion & support.
deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler

Re: Piston Honda MKII

Post by deltaAquarii »

hey

i am looking for a mk2 - if someone has one for sale, please dm me!
Memory.Palace
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Memory.Palace »

Not sure where you are based but there is on on eBay now :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Piston-honda ... SwvFhgIVk3
deltaAquarii
Common Wiggler

Post by deltaAquarii »

Memory.Palace wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:43 am Not sure where you are based but there is on on eBay now :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Piston-honda ... SwvFhgIVk3
thanks!
i wrote him, maybe it works out! (need shipping to gemany...)
Memory.Palace
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Memory.Palace »

I'm trying to arrange a Hertz Donut MK1 importing to UK from Poland. I won't go into my thoughts on the current situation, I just love and miss Europe and wish I knew what was going on regarding sending and receiving modules!
Memory.Palace
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Memory.Palace »

I see Erica synths have some ROM chips for their wavetable VCO, does any know if these are compatible with a PH?
Abyssinianloop
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Abyssinianloop »

deltaAquarii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:49 am hey i am looking for a mk2 - if someone has one for sale, please dm me!
Voggg wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:50 am I'm never selling the mk2, in spite of it being out of the case for a while. I don't miss the LFO mode or external processing. I do miss its tone, glitchy fluctuations, and long 16-wave sliders. The next time I get tempted by a new oscillator I will swap it back in.
My MK II isn't racked at the moment either. I sometimes consider selling it, but not sure I can bring myself to do it. If I ever do, it will be a complete package including expander and pickit rom programmer. I'll post here if I do.
Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis »

Abyssinianloop wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:39 pm
deltaAquarii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:49 am hey i am looking for a mk2 - if someone has one for sale, please dm me!
Voggg wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:50 am I'm never selling the mk2, in spite of it being out of the case for a while. I don't miss the LFO mode or external processing. I do miss its tone, glitchy fluctuations, and long 16-wave sliders. The next time I get tempted by a new oscillator I will swap it back in.
My MK II isn't racked at the moment either. I sometimes consider selling it, but not sure I can bring myself to do it. If I ever do, it will be a complete package including expander and pickit rom programmer. I'll post here if I do.
I wouldn’t sell it. I suspect you’ll regret it. I know I regret selling my mk I. Each has its own charm and character.
thetwlo
Banned

Post by thetwlo »

Sinamsis wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:43 pm
I wouldn’t sell it. I suspect you’ll regret it. I know I regret selling my mk I. Each has its own charm and character.
agreed! only sold my mkIII as I couldn't read the display, and got what I paid for it, so I could maybe pick one up again.
All great and different enough, just wish all the mk3's had a larger display!
mhtones
Dreams in CV

Post by mhtones »

Yeah, don't sell the PHmk2! :tu: Not only is it a wealth of sync-able odd shaped LFOs, the external input is often not given its due. Having the PHmk2 in my setup keeps me from wanting a wave shaper type module (e.g. Bifold, Geiger Counter etc). Modulation of the External input Gain yields practically unlimited timbres. :love:
FS (US): :hmm:
Drmdmamd
Common Wiggler

Post by Drmdmamd »

deltaAquarii wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:49 am hey

Analogue haven has some, I think.
hpsmasher
Common Wiggler

Post by hpsmasher »

Drmdmamd wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Yes check there! I bought a NOS one from AH pretty recently to complete my collection of pistons. I don’t think it was the last one.
Drmdmamd
Common Wiggler

Post by Drmdmamd »

Modular8 has PH3 in stock for those who are looking :party:
ultar
Common Wiggler

Post by ultar »

hpsmasher wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:55 pm
Drmdmamd wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Yes check there! I bought a NOS one from AH pretty recently to complete my collection of pistons. I don’t think it was the last one.
Thank you for the heads up! Just ordered, so stoked.
Votek_Mendo
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Votek_Mendo »

Just bought 2 PHmk2 last week. Cant wait to see what i will be coming up these beasts.
WTB: Publison KB2000 & DHM 89 B2, Vestax Faderboard, Electrospace TIME matrix, Syntovox 221

https://twitter.com/Votek_Mendo
http://soundcloud.com/votek_mendo
http://statigr.am/votek_mendo
notdakota
Learning to Wiggle

Post by notdakota »

Looking for a PHmk3 if anyone knows of someone/somewhere that’s holding.
texturerama
Ultra Wiggler

Post by texturerama »

notdakota wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:27 pm Looking for a PHmk3 if anyone knows of someone/somewhere that’s holding.
Control just started taking preorders for the mk3

Edit: NVM, it was for the BL and HD. Sorry!
notdakota
Learning to Wiggle

Post by notdakota »

Yeah I’ve seen preorders for Ph up at Detroit modular and perfect circuit but they’ve been in pre order status for a minute now. Was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere that had them in stock currently?
robotopsy
Ultra Wiggler

Post by robotopsy »

You better push record and share your patch !! Or else !!!!

Votek_Mendo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:46 pm Just bought 2 PHmk2 last week. Cant wait to see what i will be coming up these beasts.
James_S
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by James_S »

robotopsy wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:32 pm You better push record and share your patch !! Or else !!!!

Votek_Mendo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:46 pm Just bought 2 PHmk2 last week. Cant wait to see what i will be coming up these beasts.
I've had the MK3 for a year and was feeling a bit down with it as never really got exactly what I wanted and just came across your video.. amazing stuff man and got me right back in the mood with it! Wish you'd share some detailed patch notes for your HD video too! ;)

Cheers mate!
robotopsy
Ultra Wiggler

Post by robotopsy »

Thanx
it means a lot to me.
I think I've lost my patch notes for the HD videos !?!?! I'll have to do another run of Hertz Donut demos :doh:
and this time more detailed informations
vidret
Ultra Wiggler

Post by vidret »

Been looking at this guy ever since I got into euro and it might finally be time to try it (or the mk3).

Just one question; are all the previously mentioned issues with FM knob and such solved with the latest firmware?
insectdance
Learning to Wiggle

Post by insectdance »

vidret wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:36 am Been looking at this guy ever since I got into euro and it might finally be time to try it (or the mk3).

Just one question; are all the previously mentioned issues with FM knob and such solved with the latest firmware?
I picked up one myself recently. The latest firmware 2.5.2 has the FM knob issue. The most recent firmware that doesn't have the FM knob issue is 2.1

2.5.2 has many benefits over 2.1 : big ones for me are the wave CVs cover the full 0-5V range and the audio quality has more detail. But I ended up going with 2.1 because of the FM thing myself. I have a PH MKIII as well so I figure I'll use that one for smoother stuff and PH MKII can be the harsh one.

I had to Wayback dive to find 2.1 so I want to attach it here for anyone else.
Attachments
pistonFW21.zip
(21.35 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
clusterchord
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by clusterchord »

im getting some wonderful colors with tzfm on PH2 (2.5.2.), so much so i think this may be the best thing about this module. tzfm sine on sine is all fine and dandy, but using lofi wavetables, scanned or static, as a carrier.. whoa, i am in love. trillion of shades, going beyond what you can get with just scanning the xyz table.

needless to say, once i desired to use this for more than drones i.e. go into melodic context - the fm attenuator bug turned out to be a major obstacle.

@insectdance: thanks for the information of 2.1 ... may i ask - the glitchy/glassy top end, especially harmonics when going low in pitch, is one of the things i like best about PH2. is this lost when going to 2.1 ? and how is the noise level, same or worse ?

on this topic, it occured to me there might be a workarround if one wants to stay at 2.5.2 at all cost, something like this:

1. i max out the fm attenuator to the left so it cant move further. this way the ammount side effects is fixated i.e. lowered pitch and shortened v/oct (latter ends up somewhere slightly less than a volt per octave).

2. introduce Clavis Caltrans. route external v/oct thru that to PH2. perform calibration of PH2 with Caltrans to force it to track v/oct accurately again.

2b. alternatively but more fiddly: i could simply use a gain amplifier and a tuner and figure out an exact offset to the incoming v/oct needed to compensate. trouble here is one can accidentally touch the gain knog during performance and its - back to square one.

3. since fm attenuator is now maxed out, i have to govern the intensity of incoming modulator signal to the AC 10v pp input via external attenuator.

of course getting a Clavis just for this would be overkill, but i planned to get one anyway, for maximizing coherence btwn tracking of two analog oscillators in fm/tzfm/tzpm pairs, making impossible sources like 158 to track better etc. plus its four channels, and has handy options for transposition, slew generator etc.

what do you think ?

Explorer 5117 · Space Case 2022 · System 100 · SH101 · Sem · Mini · PPG Wave2 · OB-Xa · Prophet 5 · etc

WTB: CMS 1047 · WMD Gamma Wave · CCCP Kotelnikov · Bionic Lester mk1
insectdance
Learning to Wiggle

Post by insectdance »

clusterchord wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:26 pm

@insectdance: thanks for the information of 2.1 ... may i ask - the glitchy/glassy top end, especially harmonics when going low in pitch, is one of the things i like best about PH2. is this lost when going to 2.1 ? and how is the noise level, same or worse ?

I think the glassiness is definitely what is not there as much in 2.1 - less fine aliasing and more coarse glitchiness - a more blunt experience IMO compared to the latest firmware PHmkII or Hertz Donut mkII which both had a fidelity update. I feel like 2.1 is between what I've heard of the PH mkI in demos and mkII 2.5.2

Also I didn't dig into it but the simplest workaround concept for the FM attenuator bug in concept seemed to me the same your (1): open up the attenuverter all the way either +/- to bake the offset into the tuning and use another external attenuator before that input. But it sounds like from your testing that the attenuator affects the base v/oct tracking too so your Caltrans idea seems solid. I haven't used it, workarounds like this get too much for me which is why I went with 2.1 ha.

Return to “The Harvestman”