Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

OXI ONE - Powerful and expressive sequencer for DAW, MIDI gear and Modular rigs

OXI ONE performative sequencer brought to you by
two partners: Manuel -engineer & project manager and Ales -marketing & administration.
paarasat
Learning to Wiggle

Re: OXI ONE - Powerful and expressive sequencer for DAW, MIDI gear and Modular rigs

Post by paarasat »

I’d go with a CME WIDI. Pick the one that match’s your piano’s interface, 5 pin midi or usb. I’m using 2 of the 5 pin units. Much better connection and lower latency then the Yamaha Bt01.
Live from Elderly Storage Unit #7200
DoverBeach
Common Wiggler

Re: OXI ONE - Powerful and expressive sequencer for DAW, MIDI gear and Modular rigs

Post by DoverBeach »

bmot wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:06 am A question for anyone with experience of wireless Bluetooth adapters. I want to connect my Yamaha electric piano to the Oxi via Bluetooth. Which adapter would you recommend? My piano doesn't have Bluetooth, but of course the Oxi does already,

Thanks

Edit to say, I only want 1 way midi, using the Yamaha as a midi keyboard - I don't need to sequence the piano.
Widi Master
bmot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bmot »

paarasat wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:09 pm I’d go with a CME WIDI. Pick the one that match’s your piano’s interface, 5 pin midi or usb. I’m using 2 of the 5 pin units. Much better connection and lower latency then the Yamaha Bt01.
DoverBeach wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:34 am Widi Master
thanks for the recommendations, seems from here and elsewhere this is the right choice. I'll get the WIDI Master. Cheers
Modular Grid For sale (September '22): Soundcraft EFX8,Delta 1010,
rocknrolla
Wiggling with Experience

Post by rocknrolla »

This is going to be stupid question.. but I never used Midi with Eurorack so have a question about the included TRS-DIN MIDI adapter. So for example I do have Pulsar-23 which accepts Midi, and of course OXI ONE sends out midi. Do I understand correctly that using included TRS-DIN MIDI adapter I can connect OXI ONE directly to Pulsar? Or do I need OXI Split device?

I just can't wrap my head around how can a TRS cable which is plugged into OXI ONE know which CC messages to send where within Pulsar.
DoverBeach
Common Wiggler

Post by DoverBeach »

rocknrolla wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:00 am This is going to be stupid question.. but I never used Midi with Eurorack so have a question about the included TRS-DIN MIDI adapter. So for example I do have Pulsar-23 which accepts Midi, and of course OXI ONE sends out midi. Do I understand correctly that using included TRS-DIN MIDI adapter I can connect OXI ONE directly to Pulsar? Or do I need OXI Split device?

I just can't wrap my head around how can a TRS cable which is plugged into OXI ONE know which CC messages to send where within Pulsar.
You don't need the split device. Midi can be sent over trs cables.
TheMuldrew
Learning to Wiggle

Post by TheMuldrew »

CarlosUnch wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:52 pm
- New Matriceal Mode (Work in progress)
Hi Carlos, would it be possible for you (or anyone else) to give some info on what this Matriceal mode is? I've searched the Oxi forum but didn't find anything. Thanks!
deltaphoenix
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by deltaphoenix »

From the name, it has something to do with a matrix I would guess.
TheMuldrew
Learning to Wiggle

Post by TheMuldrew »

deltaphoenix wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:16 pm From the name, it has something to do with a matrix I would guess.
That's what I thought - and with reference to a snake earlier in this thread I'm thinking something similar to René? That would be cool!
SingIt
Wiggling with Experience

Post by SingIt »

TheMuldrew wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:51 am
deltaphoenix wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:16 pm From the name, it has something to do with a matrix I would guess.
That's what I thought - and with reference to a snake earlier in this thread I'm thinking something similar to René? That would be cool!
Oh man if it is the snake sequencer that will be a game changer, for me at least.
paarasat
Learning to Wiggle

Post by paarasat »

Lots of things run in a matrix.
Conwsy’s game of life.
Collision based sequencers like Bram Bros Rozeta Collider or Particle on iOS
Masking like Kilpatrick’s sequencer.
Or some variant on a convolution matrix like Xynthesizr on iOS
And probably more then I can remember in my decrepitude!
Live from Elderly Storage Unit #7200
pr0t0
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pr0t0 »

Oxi seem's great, specially with the updates. Simple - and probably dumb - questions, regarding polyphony and MPE:

1 -Can I control 4 pitch CV outs and 1 paraphonic gate via one sequencer channel in polyphonic or chord mode? To feed Saich's 4 v/oct inputs, for instance.
2- Would be possible to connect an MPE keyboard like Sensel Morph and record to OXI continuous pitch and CC gestures like pressure etc while controlling external voices? This would be just killer.

Thanks in advance,
Rod
FS - Orgone Accumulator
cake100
Common Wiggler

Post by cake100 »

Toying with getting one of these.

A couple of questions.
Does it come with one or two DIN to TRS MIDI adaptors?

I assume I can, but can I use my own MIDI patchbay with this, rather than the OXI Instruments Split?
Cheers.
thisoldmike
Common Wiggler

Post by thisoldmike »

cake100 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:24 am Toying with getting one of these.

A couple of questions.
Does it come with one or two DIN to TRS MIDI adaptors?

I assume I can, but can I use my own MIDI patchbay with this, rather than the OXI Instruments Split?
Cheers.
I've had mine for a while, but if I remember correctly it comes with one DIN to MIDI TRS adapter. MIDI patchbay, absolutely. I use mine with both a MOTU MIDI patchbay and an iConnectivity MIDI4+, works great. I also have the Split, which I use to send the TRS outs to smaller machines that only have TRS MIDI, and I have the Pipe to use the Oxi One with my modular rig. They all work quite well.
cake100
Common Wiggler

Post by cake100 »

thisoldmike wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:50 pm
I've had mine for a while, but if I remember correctly it comes with one DIN to MIDI TRS adapter. MIDI patchbay, absolutely. I use mine with both a MOTU MIDI patchbay and an iConnectivity MIDI4+, works great. I also have the Split, which I use to send the TRS outs to smaller machines that only have TRS MIDI, and I have the Pipe to use the Oxi One with my modular rig. They all work quite well.
Thanks for the response.
As I would be buying via Thomann, the TRS splitter is not an option (nor the extra MIDI adapter - found one on eBay) as postage is over 5 times the value of the splitter from official site.
Could any stereo to two mono splitter be used as an option?
Cheers.
bmot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bmot »

cake100 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:34 am Could any stereo to two mono splitter be used as an option?
Cheers.
I've got 3 different splitters at home and just gave them a try to see, none of them worked. The problem is that the reset signal is merged with the clock signal so it resets on every clock trigger. The one with the Oxi doesn't do this of course. I can't believe it's a rare or exotic cable, it must be easily available if you know what to ask/search for - try asking on the Oxi forum

Edit: found one on Schneider's from Befaco: https://schneidersladen.de/en/befaco-y- ... -pack-of-3
Edit 2: :doh: i think you were talking about TRS-midi splitters? Sorry!
CarlosUnch
Common Wiggler

Post by CarlosUnch »

pr0t0 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:44 pm Oxi seem's great, specially with the updates. Simple - and probably dumb - questions, regarding polyphony and MPE:

1 -Can I control 4 pitch CV outs and 1 paraphonic gate via one sequencer channel in polyphonic or chord mode? To feed Saich's 4 v/oct inputs, for instance.
2- Would be possible to connect an MPE keyboard like Sensel Morph and record to OXI continuous pitch and CC gestures like pressure etc while controlling external voices? This would be just killer.

Thanks in advance,
Rod
1. Totally.

2. Totally not at the moment.
pr0t0
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pr0t0 »

1. Totally.

Many thanks. Apart from MPE related stuff, is anyone connecting sensel morph (or any MIDI BT enabled device) via midi bluetooth with it? Or as a second option, is it possible to use an USB hub to connect midi controllers to the OXI as host, or it could only be done via the TRS Midi In?

Rod
FS - Orgone Accumulator
CarlosUnch
Common Wiggler

Post by CarlosUnch »

pr0t0 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:29 am
1. Totally.

Many thanks. Apart from MPE related stuff, is anyone connecting sensel morph (or any MIDI BT enabled device) via midi bluetooth with it? Or as a second option, is it possible to use an USB hub to connect midi controllers to the OXI as host, or it could only be done via the TRS Midi In?

Rod
Not sure about Morph, but you can connect a Roli kb as input via BLE.
OXI has USB host capabilities, with power delivery or not (currently in beta). You don't need to use MIDI TRS in that case.
Note that USB hubs doesn't work with the host capability, you need to make a direct connection.
pr0t0
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pr0t0 »

Nice. It would be also possible to record CC gestures with it, or just note inputs (7 notes per step from what i gather)?
FS - Orgone Accumulator
fastlanestranger
Veteran Wiggler

Post by fastlanestranger »

This is such a wonderful device but I just posted it on Reverb because I decided I don't have the time or brain capacity to learn two sequencer systems right now, and I had picked up the Hapax before this. By default that became the driver of my studio.

I'm already anxious about letting it go, but a bit of debt and the fact that I'm not putting time into my Oxi sort of dictated that it goes.

The battery in it alone makes it such a fabulous piece of gear, and the stochastic mode is just excellent.
bmot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bmot »

firmware 3.0 is about to drop, i'd say it's a mistake to sell it now unless you really have to.
fastlanestranger
Veteran Wiggler

Post by fastlanestranger »

bmot wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:08 pm firmware 3.0 is about to drop, i'd say it's a mistake to sell it now unless you really have to.
Duly noted. Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “OXI Instruments”