Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

ADDAC 112 - firmware update suggestions

New Interfaces for Analog Synthesizers.
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

ADDAC 112 - firmware update suggestions

Post by Mglossop »

In the LOOP EDITOR, it would be good to have the option to add a very short fade to either Loop Start or End, or both, to eliminate clicks.
This would help when it's difficult to find suitable zero-crossing points, as is often the case with stereo WAVs.
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

Re: ADDAC 112 - firmware update suggestions

Post by Mglossop »

Copy Preset - NEW PRESET creates a new preset with all the current settings, but this is an edited version of the original Preset on the SD card.

A command to copy a Preset from the SD card, in its un-edited form, to another new Preset would be good.
Last edited by Mglossop on Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mglossop »

It's possible, and very easy, whilst experimenting with several different Preset, Loop and Grain settings, to build up a large collection of edited WAV files within a Bank, many of which might become redundant once decisions have been made about the final state of Presets, etc.

It would be very useful to be able to interrogate each Preset, in order to discover which WAV files were not needed, so that those no longer required WAVs could be deleted from the SD card, thus freeing up space on the card, and enabling faster Bank Load/Save times.
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mglossop »

Load PRESET?

Unless I'm missing something, there doesn't seem to be any way to undo an edit in the Preset data, other than re-loading the whole Bank, which would over-write any edits in other Presets in that Bank.

It would be good to be able to re-load a Preset from the SD card.
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mglossop »

During playback and recording (excluding NEW REC), there is a vertical marker which travels from left to right across the bottom of the screen to indicate that a Loop is being played.
However, when NEW REC is in operation, there's no indication of movement. This is presumably because a new loop is being recorded and the OS will be unaware of its length until recording stops.
It's important that some kind of indication is given during NEW REC recording. Is there another way, e.g. a rotating icon in the centre of the screen?
It would be very useful.
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mglossop »

I recently heard from Filipe at ADDAC that they don't read the Modwiggler posts (I don't blame them, really).

So - there's not much point in posting Firmware Suggestions in this thread. Better to send them via email to Filipe.

I've sent him mine (the above).
Mglossop
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Mglossop »

Copy Loop - there needs to be a command, under OPTIONS (?) to make a copy of a loop. If you're editing a loop (and edits are destructive in the 112's RAM, with no Undo) you might need to be able to go back to the original loop. So, making a copy of a loop before you start editing would be advisable.
Copying a loop is not possible within the 112 operating system, so you have to load the SD card into your computer, make a copy of the file there, and re-load the Bank into the 112 - very labour intensive.

I discovered a workaround:
• Before making edits to a loop, make it the current loop in your current Preset
• go to MENU / LOOP EDITOR
• select NEW LOOP FROM EDIT
This will copy your loop.
The only possible difficulty is that the 112 filing system is somewhat primitive, and it might be hard to identify the copy on the SD card, as this command doesn't tell you the number of the new loop's file.

Return to “ADDAC System”