Sequentix Cirklon

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford, Kent, Joe., luketeaford

neopl
Common Wiggler

Re: Sequentix Cirklon

Post by neopl »

skkatter wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:47 am
neopl wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:57 pm but watching the amazing splitradix videos on Aux events, he has Auxes from Channel 7 redirecting to channel 3, and it works!
What's the timestamp of the video where I do this?
ahhhh, I had it on a sticky note, and I cant find the damn thing!! I will skip around the video, and maybe I can find it tonight. Are you saying there is no way it should work? In that case, I must be daft and probably watched your videos for too many hours in a row, which caused me to be unable to follow which channel track is which.
neopl
Common Wiggler

Post by neopl »

skkatter wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:47 am
neopl wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:57 pm but watching the amazing splitradix videos on Aux events, he has Auxes from Channel 7 redirecting to channel 3, and it works!
What's the timestamp of the video where I do this?
I found it!

2:39:26 Another redirect example and a note about the order of tracks / aux rows

You're doing Aux redirect on Track 7 to affect your 101 on track 3. But I thought we cannot go backward like this, only from lower track to higher tracks. What am I not getting?

Thanks!!
tony d
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tony d »

I thought it was tracks over 16 couldn’t redirect to 1-16 but I could be wrong, I don’t use that function very often.
skkatter
Veteran Wiggler

Post by skkatter »

tony d wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:45 pm I thought it was tracks over 16 couldn’t redirect to 1-16 but I could be wrong, I don’t use that function very often.
You can use the redirect aux event from any track to any track.

It's the inter track "grab", "swap" and "push" aux events that only work on tracks 1-16.
skkatter
Veteran Wiggler

Post by skkatter »

neopl wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:55 pm You're doing Aux redirect on Track 7 to affect your 101 on track 3. But I thought we cannot go backward like this, only from lower track to higher tracks. What am I not getting?
You can redirect auxs from higher to lower tracks. The higher tracks aux events get processed after the lower tracks ones, so a higher track redirect could cancel out a previous aux event. Eg: If I was using track 2 to randomize a note on track 1, but then used track 3 to set that note to C4, it will always be C4 as the track 3 set note will happen after the track 2 randomize.

If you are having trouble with the redirect not working the way you think it should just reply with your exact aux event set-up and I can try it myself to double check (or I might just be able to spot the problem straight away).
neopl
Common Wiggler

Post by neopl »

skkatter wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:01 am
neopl wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:55 pm You're doing Aux redirect on Track 7 to affect your 101 on track 3. But I thought we cannot go backward like this, only from lower track to higher tracks. What am I not getting?
You can redirect auxs from higher to lower tracks. The higher tracks aux events get processed after the lower tracks ones, so a higher track redirect could cancel out a previous aux event. Eg: If I was using track 2 to randomize a note on track 1, but then used track 3 to set that note to C4, it will always be C4 as the track 3 set note will happen after the track 2 randomize.

If you are having trouble with the redirect not working the way you think it should just reply with your exact aux event set-up and I can try it myself to double check (or I might just be able to spot the problem straight away).
That's great, thank you for your help. It is much appreciated. I just came back from Freerotation this week so my brain is still in shambles, but despite my fragile state, your explanation has cleared up most of the questions I've had. When I finally get back to the studio, I'll continue with the Cirklon, although I also have a couple of new modules waiting for me to try :)
ObsoleteModular
Ultra Wiggler

Post by ObsoleteModular »

My position came up in the queue. Four years and three months!

Not sure I really want one anymore, and I definitely can’t afford one 😂
tdel
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tdel »

ObsoleteModular wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:09 pm My position came up in the queue. Four years and three months!

Let me know if you'd like me to take your spot :hihi:

I'm only about 2 months behind you now (June 2018). Not sure I strictly need it either, but after a 4 year wait I'm going to give it a solid go, damnit.
drxcm
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by drxcm »

ObsoleteModular wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:09 pm My position came up in the queue. Four years and three months!

Just tell them you don’t want it and the next person in line can benefit.
ObsoleteModular
Ultra Wiggler

Post by ObsoleteModular »

drxcm wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:16 pm

Just tell them you don’t want it and the next person in line can benefit.
I waited four and half years, I think I’m entitled to give my decision a couple of weeks 🙄
x2mirko
Ultra Wiggler

Post by x2mirko »

I’m in a similar position (spot should come up soon and lots has changed since I put my name on the list), but I’ll just get one and see where it goes. Looks like it’s not going to be a problem to sell it if I can’t integrate it in my setup anymore (no price gouging, i promise), so I think it’d be a bad decision to pass up the rather rare opportunity to get one.
Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis »

By these accounts I should be up soon... I have a mk I (got second hand) I have yet to upgrade... does it make sense to swap it out with a mk II?
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire »

x2mirko wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:34 am I’m in a similar position (spot should come up soon and lots has changed since I put my name on the list), but I’ll just get one and see where it goes. Looks like it’s not going to be a problem to sell it if I can’t integrate it in my setup anymore (no price gouging, i promise), so I think it’d be a bad decision to pass up the rather rare opportunity to get one.
Just make sure you give it enough time.
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire »

Sinamsis wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:50 pm By these accounts I should be up soon... I have a mk I (got second hand) I have yet to upgrade... does it make sense to swap it out with a mk II?
Well I plan to install the mkii kit so I’d say yes.
Corrupt
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Corrupt »

Sinamsis wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:50 pm By these accounts I should be up soon... I have a mk I (got second hand) I have yet to upgrade... does it make sense to swap it out with a mk II?
Definitely! Won’t be long until OS feature upgrades are mk2 only.
Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis »

Sorry I should’ve been more clear. The option would be to update my existing Cirklon or buying a mk II. I would assume an upgraded mk I should be mostly equivalent to a mk II right? My other concern is that there’s a list for the upgrade kit that I didn’t get on until the last 6 months or year. Because when they announced it they said there would be no list. But now there’s a list. So there’s that. Haha.
tony d
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by tony d »

I’m in the same boat, currently have an mk1 and just enlisted on the upgrade list about a week ago. As far as I understand you will essentially have a mk2 once upgraded but I think there’s a option to upgrade the back panel for usb connectivity as well ( not really sure about that since it doesn’t really appeal to me)
My thought is that there is still so much to explore and become acquainted with now on the current OS that I’m in no big rush for the upgrade
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire »

Sinamsis wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:51 am Sorry I should’ve been more clear. The option would be to update my existing Cirklon or buying a mk II. I would assume an upgraded mk I should be mostly equivalent to a mk II right? My other concern is that there’s a list for the upgrade kit that I didn’t get on until the last 6 months or year. Because when they announced it they said there would be no list. But now there’s a list. So there’s that. Haha.
I don't think there is a list like the Cirklon list. Barbara keeps a record of people who want to be notified. I was notified but didn't order one at the time which I now regret.

If you are coming up for a mk II I'd probably go with that. Saves having to do the kit upgrade and you might get the mk II before the next batch of kits are available. Then I guess you could get the kit when they become available and sell one of them.
gentleclockdivider
Common Wiggler

Post by gentleclockdivider »

My cirklon 2 is 11 months old ,
Today Upon start up all my songs and data are missing
Another CK@ user got the same issue also within 1 year lifespan .
I never backed up my data to an external sd card , always internal ...who would expect that the batetry dies after one year ..or worse : lost data.
Since the cirklon also has an internal sd card , I still don't know if the data resides in there or not ..or if it's gone for good .
I really hope that it's just a bad batch of battery , feeling pissed off ..2k gear that wipes your data after 1 year :guinness:
From what I understand from the manual

All the song data and instrument definitions you create, as well as your configuration
settings, are held in Cirklon’s internal RAM memory.
Although internal RAM is battery-backed and non-volatile, the battery will require to be
replaced after some years use, so it’s a good idea to take regular backups of your data.

unquote
The song and instr.data are held in Non volatile memory , this is not the internal sd card or is it ?
If the battery is drained , then so is the content on the internal RAM , if so I'm f!!!!d
adnauseam
Ultra Wiggler

Post by adnauseam »

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:01 pm My cirklon 2 is 11 months old ,
Today Upon start up all my songs and data are missing
Another CK@ user got the same issue also within 1 year lifespan .
I never backed up my data to an external sd card , always internal ...who would expect that the batetry dies after one year ..or worse : lost data.
Since the cirklon also has an internal sd card , I still don't know if the data resides in there or not ..or if it's gone for good .
I really hope that it's just a bad batch of battery , feeling pissed off ..2k gear that wipes your data after 1 year :guinness:
From what I understand from the manual

All the song data and instrument definitions you create, as well as your configuration
settings, are held in Cirklon’s internal RAM memory.
Although internal RAM is battery-backed and non-volatile, the battery will require to be
replaced after some years use, so it’s a good idea to take regular backups of your data.

unquote
The song and instr.data are held in Non volatile memory , this is not the internal sd card or is it ?
If the battery is drained , then so is the content on the internal RAM , if so I'm f!!!!d
It's great there's a Cirklon discussion here on MW.

I would hope that you've also posted this on the Sequentix forum where it belongs. I'm sure Sequentix are going to want to know this is happening and will likely need your help with some background and maybe data logs.

Good luck and God speed

May this be the day that teaches you the value of backing up sensitive data.
gentleclockdivider
Common Wiggler

I did , colin is currently not active to help me out
Trying to seek help on the gearslutz forum as well
http://forum.sequentix.com/viewtopic.php?t=4581
LameAim
Wiggling with Experience

Post by LameAim »

Been on the list since May 2018, inquired about my spot on the list back in June and never received a response.
Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis »

LameAim wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:05 pm Been on the list since May 2018, inquired about my spot on the list back in June and never received a response.
I think it's a known thing that they don't response to these requests. I think by reading this thread you're probably close to getting called. I think I'm in the same boat, though I bought a second hand one in the interim.
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire »

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:34 pm I did , colin is currently not active to help me out
I think it's been less that 24 hours since you posted the problem correct? Perhaps give him a bit more time to respond. He has given you a lot of support in the past, even when you report bugs which are not bugs. :)
gentleclockdivider
Common Wiggler

dubonaire wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:48 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:34 pm I did , colin is currently not active to help me out
I think it's been less that 24 hours since you posted the problem correct? Perhaps give him a bit more time to respond. He has given you a lot of support in the past, even when you report bugs which are not bugs. :)
Sure , but also bugs which were unnoticed for years because they were verry hard to replicate
;)

Return to “General Gear”