Ciat-Lonbarde stuck in customs

home of post-70s electronics

Moderators: Kent, bartlebooth, Kent, bartlebooth

dubchild
Wiggling with Experience

Ciat-Lonbarde stuck in customs

Post by dubchild »

Has anyone else ordered Ciat-Lonbarde from Patch Point and had their shipment stuck in US customs due to the Toxic Substance Control Act because of the wood?
VirginiaKeith
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Ciat-Lonbarde stuck in customs

Post by VirginiaKeith »

I did actually. They had to resend it. Took about an extra 3 weeks.
:mmm:
dubchild
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dubchild »

Thanks for the info.
UPS already had me pay the brokerage fees and the package is sitting in a warehouse in Kentucky.
Did you have to get Patch Point to call?

VirginiaKeith wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:11 pm I did actually. They had to resend it. Took about an extra 3 weeks.
VirginiaKeith
Learning to Wiggle

Post by VirginiaKeith »

When it was in Kentucky there was nothing PP could really do, US customs called them so I’m assuming PP worked it out on their end. It was a bit maddening, as I bought the Coco, PB, Sid and Tet in one order. I just had to find my patience and accept that it was what it was. But it’s worth it. I’ve had them for 4 months now in my possession and I’m a “changed” man. Hang tight. You’ll get them and it will be glorious.

When they finally released them, customs called me asking: “what the heck are these?” And it led to a really funny conversation with them.

Good luck!
ClausF
Veteran Wiggler

Post by ClausF »

VirginiaKeith wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 9:03 am When they finally released them, customs called me asking: “what the heck are these?” And it led to a really funny conversation with them.
Same here when I got them from the US a few years ago.
VirginiaKeith
Learning to Wiggle

Post by VirginiaKeith »

I tried to explain to them as simply as I could and ending up saying that they were guitars.
leftbracket
Wiggling with Experience

Post by leftbracket »

I got a call from a rather confused UPS worker when my Deerhorn arrived in the States two years ago saying that I needed to fill out some paperwork related to that, but once I did that and payed the import tax things got back in motion quickly.
"One day at Black Mountain College, David Tudor was eating his lunch. A student came over to his table and began asking him questions. David Tudor went on eating his lunch. The student kept on asking questions. Finally, David Tudor looked at him and said, 'If you don't know, why do you ask?'"

https://soundcloud.com/leftbracket
https://aylacosnett.bandcamp.com
dubchild
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dubchild »

Thanks everyone for chiming in!
I paid the customs fees 5 days ago and it is still in the warehouse and being scanned daily "in warehouse." I'll be patient.
dubchild
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dubchild »

I guess Patch Point has dealt with this before. Kudos to them. Patch Point was always quick to answer my questions.
My Ciat-Lonbarde is now in Oakland and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to a fun weekend!
VirginiaKeith
Learning to Wiggle

Post by VirginiaKeith »

dubchild wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:19 pm I guess Patch Point has dealt with this before. Kudos to them. Patch Point was always quick to answer my questions.
My Ciat-Lonbarde is now in Oakland and scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to a fun weekend!
Yes!!!! If you have any questions, DM me. We can set up a quick FaceTime and get you started. I’m in LA.

Happy for you!
dubchild
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dubchild »

^ Thanks!!
VirginiaKeith
Learning to Wiggle

Post by VirginiaKeith »

Did it come?
ParliamentLite
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ParliamentLite »

Hey y’all I just got the TSCA message from UPS. I emailed patch point but apparently it was flagged as possibly containing composite wood or mdf. C-L instruments use solid construction lumber correct?
dubchild
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dubchild »

They are real wood and non-toxic. When you fill out the TSCA form, choose box "4".
ParliamentLite wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:40 am Hey y’all I just got the TSCA message from UPS. I emailed patch point but apparently it was flagged as possibly containing composite wood or mdf. C-L instruments use solid construction lumber correct?
dubchild
Wiggling with Experience

Post by dubchild »

Sorry, Yes, they arrived! I have not had a chance to play that much, yet. My kids went back to school this week, so been too busy.
VirginiaKeith wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:18 pm Did it come?
ParliamentLite
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ParliamentLite »

Thanks! It was kind of a weird email to receive but I'm happy to report that it was pretty easy to deal with. Strangely I haven't been hit by any import duties yet. Hopefully they don't get mailed to my place of work!

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”