Animal Factory Amplification

New Hosted Sub-Forum. Check it out here:
Not exactly a new manufacturer but new to us. Check out their pedal and eurorack product and extend them a welcome all the way to Mumbai!

OXI Pipe - who want it?

OXI ONE performative sequencer brought to you by
two partners: Manuel -engineer & project manager and Ales -marketing & administration.

Moderators: Kent, Oxi Instruments, CarlosUnch, manuwind, Kent, manuwind, Oxi Instruments, CarlosUnch

Slic
Common Wiggler

OXI Pipe - who want it?

Post by Slic »

I figured this deserved its own thread as its CV specific. Its a great possible addition (stretch goal) - a simple mini HDMI so that we can then have a single (HDMI) cable to a 3U or 5U 'modular fitted patch box.

This would take the OXI to another level for me....I guess theoretical you could have a couple and switch patches in a live set with one cable swap and couple of pre-sets saved in the OXI?

Anyone have much experience of this with existing products like rack plumber (I wonder if its compatible...is there a standard protocol for this!)
Slic
Common Wiggler

Re: OXI Pipe - who want it?

Post by Slic »

FYI the goal to add this has been stated on the OXI Forum at 250K (currently its close to 200K with 29 days to go)
bmot
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bmot »

I’m definitely hoping for this to become a reality
Slic
Common Wiggler

Post by Slic »

Slic
Common Wiggler

Post by Slic »

From todays newsletter-

We’d like to officially announce our next goal mark, It’ll be added to OXI One at 250K. We are talking about OXI Pipe.
What it’s OXI Pipe?

OXI Pipe is a clean solution for all the modular enthusiast out there. One of the biggest appeals of OXI One is the amount of CV and Gate outputs it has, together with the powerful routing layout to configure and swap your modulation sources in a pinch, adding a new layer of performance never seen before.

If we reach this goal, we will include a breakout port on the back of OXI One (probably a mini HDMI) so all the analog inputs and outputs (19 in total) are routed via ONE SINGLE CABLE to your modular rack. OXI Pipe is the module (3U and 5U) that would gather all the signals and split them again into individual outputs on your rack, this allows to:

• Having 1 cable instead of 19 connected from OXI One to your modular synth.
• Keep the routing contained in the rack itself where spaghetti belongs, so just unplug a cable and take OXI One to another setup and return with the patch the same way you left it.
• The outputs on OXI One are still available so you’d have 2 copies of all the 8 CVs and 8 Gates to send twice the modulation and voices.

The module would be available for purchase in the future.
Slic
Common Wiggler

Post by Slic »

Great news- the pipe is happening (its already been confirmed by the designers)!!!
manuwind
Common Wiggler

Post by manuwind »

Finally, It’s indeed a reality!
Check below the OXI One production design and the Oxi pipe in action. It’s commanding the entire rack with 5 voices, triggered envelopes and gates.

natehorn
Common Wiggler

Post by natehorn »

manuwind wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 pm Finally, It’s indeed a reality!
Check below the OXI One production design and the Oxi pipe in action. It’s commanding the entire rack with 5 voices, triggered envelopes and gates.

I think I commented on the video directly but I LOVE this demo - serious BICEP vibes.

Nothing to do with the sequencer tbh I just love the jam haha
Back Down the Path
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Back Down the Path »

natehorn wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:12 am
manuwind wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 pm Finally, It’s indeed a reality!

I think I commented on the video directly but I LOVE this demo - serious BICEP vibes.

Nothing to do with the sequencer tbh I just love the jam haha
I said the same in the OXI thread. This jam RULES.
Loads of stuff for sale here (PA/US).
natehorn
Common Wiggler

Post by natehorn »

Anyone know who owns the hands in these Oxi videos?
WhateverEd
Learning to Wiggle

Post by WhateverEd »

I just tested a new OXI Pipe and OXI One, and there are some issues with both (others have reported similar issues on the OXI bug forum). Seems the mini HDMI connection between the OXI One and Pipe is flaky. Not all gates or CVs on the Pipe will fire, and re-inserting the mini HDMI cable may or may not fix the problem (or simply change the set of broken outputs on the Pipe). Not sure if this is an issue with all Oxi One Pipes or limited to an unlucky few.
sjessiman
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sjessiman »

I'm just got my oxi one and pipe and I'm having similar issues with the pipe. I don't think it is the mini connector, but the full size connector on the pipe is recessed and seems to struggle to get a good connection. Most of my issues are it just stops working completely, but I noticed after reading posts here and on the oxi forum that sometimes one of my cv's or gates will just not work. Wiggling the cable into the pipe and pushing it in as firmly as possible usually fixes it for a while. But a slight breath of air or other cable rubbing against it seems to break the connection easily.
None of my other hdmi devices have the port as recessed as far as this one and I think the pins barely get inserted far enough, and any movement can lose the connection.

Return to “OXI Instruments”