Some LW Items (STROH)

Buchla, Serge, Studio.h, Northern Light Modular, Keen Assoc., 1979, Vedic Scapes, etc. Banana systems
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford

MrNezumi
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Some LW Items (STROH)

Post by MrNezumi »

Prunesquallor wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:52 am Another good riff
:bananaguitar: :sb:
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK »

Oh, on the actual Modulation Engine PCB front, I only have one mystery left to solve from the initial build, and still no actual changes to the PCB need to be made (except for one trace addition, and minor revisions for building convenience). I haven't had the time to figure out the last little item, but hopefully soon. Once that's figured out, I'll make the revisions, and it will be an option to build.
Are you lemon? Does your head come to a nub?
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK »

I built another 6 PCBs over the past couple of days, so many projects are getting closer to the wiring stages. Just wanted to give a quick update. I also have a couple of new modules that will be available soon as well. It's been a few posts since there was a picture, so I'll post this one of a panel that I just finished stuffing. More updates soon, and I'll be sending out individual project updates after I get the next round of PCBs finished.
BSP-01.jpg
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK »

J3RK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:39 pm Version 1.0 of the PCB is ready, so I'll order a few to try them out soon.

EXCESSIVELYCOMPLEXVCO.PNG
Ordered some of these to try out sometime soonish.
kedowe
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kedowe »

J3RK wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:41 am
J3RK wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:39 pm EXCESSIVELYCOMPLEXVCO.PNG
Ordered some of these to try out sometime soonish.

:sb:
the bad producer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by the bad producer »

:sb: indeed!
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK »

Thanks!
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK »

So, this isn't part of the current lineup (though the individual modules are in various forms). I'm not really building larger panels right now, but I was going through my parts, and found some wood end cheeks that my dad had made for me (that I thought were lost). I happened to have a Hammond boat in a cupboard holding a bunch of parts, that was already drilled for the cheeks, power distribution, etc. So... the only thing to do was lay out a panel for it all. I haven't built up PCBs for it yet, but managed to stuff the panel between other projects.
SeventeenBySeven.jpg
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK »

Finished a batch of Angles for peoples’ modules:
607D10A2-7910-460E-B69E-BE29018E1671.jpeg
Stice
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Stice »

That panel I looks incredible!

What do Scramble and Scale & Condition and Combine (especially the Resonance!) do?
Turn on. Plug in. Slew down.
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK »

Stice wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:53 pm That panel I looks incredible!

What do Scramble and Scale & Condition and Combine (especially the Resonance!) do?
The Scramble & Scale section is a Bit Station with an extra VCA. So it does various noise types (analog and digital), wave shaping, scalable CV generation, etc. Condition and Combine is 2x two pole resonant low pass gates (optical in this case) routed to a mixer and TRS output. This panel is somewhat simple, but each section has quite a bit of flexibility overall, and I'm kind of doing a "spare no expense voice panel" thing with it to just make it as nice sounding as I can, and then maybe come up with a controller or sequencing panel for it later.
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK »

I think my brother and I figured out what inspired my color scheme. When we were kids, we had tons of these little guys. They used to have tubs of them all over the place. Toy stores, gas stations, etc. I wish I could still get them without paying the vintage collector prices:
BruderSpace.jpg
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK »

I got the boards back. This should be a fun one. I'll build up a test version, and order a test panel sometime in the next couple of weeks. I have a bit of building to get done for other people first. I'll post more news once things start moving. :party:
ECVCO.jpg
joshjoshjosh
Common Wiggler

Post by joshjoshjosh »

Do your thing! Mental/physical health trumps all. From my experience: when doing something you’ve always been passionate about becomes taxing/cause of stress or anything other than joy: its a good time to re-consider your MO and re-approach things in a way that will keep you happy. All sounds super reasonable! That being said: will definitely be hitting you up about a flexwave at some point soon :) can get it done at your leisure!

Best and keep up the good work!
J3RK
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by J3RK »

joshjoshjosh wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:25 pm Do your thing! Mental/physical health trumps all. From my experience: when doing something you’ve always been passionate about becomes taxing/cause of stress or anything other than joy: its a good time to re-consider your MO and re-approach things in a way that will keep you happy. All sounds super reasonable! That being said: will definitely be hitting you up about a flexwave at some point soon :) can get it done at your leisure!

Best and keep up the good work!
Definitely wise words, and something that took me a while to learn once I dove into big projects outside of my day job. It's also why I have never attempted to do this AS my day job. I find that as soon as there are full time job expectations, the fun starts to leak out a bit. Good to keep those separate in my case. :lol: I finally managed two nights of good sleep in a row, finished up the in-between project, and started back up on the other ones at my new-standard pace (meaning reasonable...) Things are back to fun now. :cloud:
joshjoshjosh
Common Wiggler

Post by joshjoshjosh »

haha thats what its all about!!!

Return to “4U Format Modules + EMS”