OXI ONE - Powerful and expressive sequencer for DAW, MIDI gear and Modular rigs

OXI ONE performative sequencer brought to you by
two partners: Manuel -engineer & project manager and Ales -marketing & administration.

Moderators: Kent, Oxi Instruments, CarlosUnch, manuwind

kobe
Common Wiggler

Re: OXI ONE - Powerful and expressive sequencer for DAW, MIDI gear and Modular rigs

Post by kobe »

I have to say this, the support from the OXI people is second to none!
electrosandwich
Common Wiggler

Re: OXI ONE - Powerful and expressive sequencer for DAW, MIDI gear and Modular rigs

Post by electrosandwich »

Just picked up one of these from a fellow wiggler. Was a bit hesitant to get in with the crowdfunding phase - the loopop video didn't hugely impress me. But I've been following this for a while, and the 2.0 firmware release definitely convinced me to pick one of these. Especially after seeing the stochastic sequencer...hoping this might kill my GAS for the unobtainium SIG eurorack module. :party:
ProgRocket
Common Wiggler

Post by ProgRocket »

If only the stochiastic mode could also harmonize to a chord track, man that would be killer! I hope they are working on it. - fingers crossed - :hail:
manuwind
Common Wiggler

Post by manuwind »

Kawouddd wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:15 pm Mine has arrived and, if I'm honest, I feel as if I need to become a better person to use it properly 😂

I briefly wired it up to my Mac (bc it arrived when I was working), appeared to set it up as a midi instrument on Logic Pro (tbf I don't use Logic at all, I have it for legacy reasons, I'm all OTB I have no fuckin idea what I'm doing), it triggered F# three times, in varying octaves, no matter which 'kb setting' buttons I pressed, and then crashed (all lights went static). Happened three times, then I stopped!

I've just finished marking, I should probably go upstairs and use it for its actual purpose (OBVIOUSLY modular) 😂

Fantastic feel to it! Woof.
Hi! I have passed by this comment and read that your OXI One freezed several times :cry:
That should not be happening, maybe a problem with USB and Logic? I can't tell from here, but please do report this kind of stuff in our forum!!
I can even send you a debug firmware version that could tell us what is happening

Is it working fine with Eurorack?
manuwind
Common Wiggler

Post by manuwind »

neumedi wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:37 am
CarlosUnch wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:11 am
neumedi wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:43 am For CME WIDI uhost - do you mean having the uhost plugged directly in (physically) to the iPad? And have that connect to the OXI's BLE?
You'd have to double check as I don't know entirely how the product works, but I think that's how it is: plug uhost directly into the iPad.
You can message CME for specifics, he's been in contact with OXI as both products complement each other.
Thanks. All I meant is checking that you meant to connect the Uhost to iPad, not to connect it to Oxi's usb/trs.
Exactly, the problem is iOS doesn't prioritize the MIDI ble connection and thus we have lots of lag even if we are using an iPhone 15.
Widi Host connects to the iPad by USB and the OXI One - WIDI bluetooth connection works flawlessly.
You can even power the WIDI UHost with a wall adaptor and then power the iPad with the WIDI Host USB C port!

CarlosUnch wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:11 am Thanks for the neat explanations!! :hail:
manuwind
Common Wiggler

Post by manuwind »

BTW; just released the 2.4b3 with USB MIDI Host support.
Quite a few devices like ROLI and Arturia Keystep and Keystep 37 are already working fine!
https://gitlab.com/manuwind5/oxi-beta/-/releases/
manuwind
Common Wiggler

Post by manuwind »

MikeLeeBirds wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:42 am
manuwind wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:11 am
lohacker wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:41 am The grid emulation will work with Ansible/Teletype or just Norns?
I couldn't test it but an Ansible user told me it works with it as well.
Then I wonder what I‘m doing wrong as my Ansible does not recognize Oxi when in Grid mode.
I'm sorry but I cannot help you further on this. Maybe ansible still relies on the old USB COM implementation that was done with FTDI chips...
electrosandwich
Common Wiggler

Hi I have a question. I want to sync my Pamela's New Workout to the OXI ONE sequencer. Pamela's new workout expects a 24 PPQN clock input and a RUN/STOP signal. I can see in the config menu that I can set both of these options. However - there is only one CLK CV output. I'm guessing this is a TRS output that sends out both CLK and RUN/STOP, similar to the Beatstep Pro? If that's correct, can you confirm whether the CLK is on tip or ring, and RUN/STOP is on which one?

Thanks very much!
manuwind
Common Wiggler

Post by manuwind »

electrosandwich wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:46 pm Hi I have a question. I want to sync my Pamela's New Workout to the OXI ONE sequencer. Pamela's new workout expects a 24 PPQN clock input and a RUN/STOP signal. I can see in the config menu that I can set both of these options. However - there is only one CLK CV output. I'm guessing this is a TRS output that sends out both CLK and RUN/STOP, similar to the Beatstep Pro? If that's correct, can you confirm whether the CLK is on tip or ring, and RUN/STOP is on which one?

Thanks very much!
It is correct! Clock is Tip and Start/Stop is Ring 🙂
electrosandwich
Common Wiggler

manuwind wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:39 am
electrosandwich wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:46 pm Hi I have a question. I want to sync my Pamela's New Workout to the OXI ONE sequencer. Pamela's new workout expects a 24 PPQN clock input and a RUN/STOP signal. I can see in the config menu that I can set both of these options. However - there is only one CLK CV output. I'm guessing this is a TRS output that sends out both CLK and RUN/STOP, similar to the Beatstep Pro? If that's correct, can you confirm whether the CLK is on tip or ring, and RUN/STOP is on which one?

Thanks very much!
It is correct! Clock is Tip and Start/Stop is Ring 🙂
Thanks so much for the quick response! :tu:
manuwind
Common Wiggler

Post by manuwind »

OORA live now in Youtube featuring OXi One with really nice examples.
100% recommended to whatch

CarlosUnch
Common Wiggler

Post by CarlosUnch »

Latest firmware adds the option to have the bipolar cv and gate status displayed, or leave it as before.

Grab it here!
CarlosUnch
Common Wiggler

Post by CarlosUnch »

SynthDad made a fantastic video featuring 5 tips (there’re more) with the One.

ProgRocket
Common Wiggler

Post by ProgRocket »

Thank you for the PICK & PLACING of chords in v2.5. It's a great help!
Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon »

just want to confirm that i'm not missing something in the manual.

it looks like when you record a sequence, the oxi only records the notes, and not any cc events. is that correct?

not a huge complaint - but that would sure be nice if it could pick up the cc events (hah - especially the poly aftertouch), since it can send cc separately. hoping maybe that is in the offing for down the road.

very much enjoy learning how to use this. Like any complex instrument, it's one thing to go through and try this and that, but it's another (at least for me) to get comfortable with the various options so that i don't have to think too hard and can just play. I do have a fondness for companies that make interesting sequencers, so i much appreciate the dedication that has gone into this.

Return to “OXI Instruments”