any irish wigglers interested in playing live?

Live patching, designs, and techniques that push the performance envelope.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

bew
Learning to Wiggle

North

Post by bew »

Hi - I'm trying to set up a few Sunday evening sessions for improvisors in Belfast - drop me a PM if you're interested in coming North.
dj2bit
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dj2bit »

Heyo! Belfast-based knob twiddler (Hi Bew!) with Dublin connections here.... I'd be well up for this in either city.
Think a general 'show n tell' type thing might be a good starting point, give folks a chance to hear different modules in action, maybe even get a b/s/t thing going on too? Obviously live sets if anyone's up for it :)
And of course we'd _have_ to do a 'let's plug everything into everything else' giant inter-synth monster patch too! :nana:
Dude on the Street
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dude on the Street »

Yep in Belfast too and up for this
I am never buying any more gear
bew
Learning to Wiggle

Re: any irish wigglers interested in playing live?

Post by bew »

Half a decade has passed, and so much has happened (understatement).

When it is safe to do so, are there wigglers still interested in a get together?
Has anyone in or around Belfast got a live synth set ready to perform?
anomie
Common Wiggler

Post by anomie »

Not near Belfast, but definitely interested in a live set and will travel. Hope it won’t be another half decade before that’s possible...
minimalist
Wiggling with Experience

Post by minimalist »

I would be interested (Dublin based). I'm not sure if I'd be ready to perform but would love to hear others play and maybe step up later. I'm watching New York Modular Society performances on Twitch right now and they are getting me inspired.
Sweevo
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Sweevo »

would love to go along to something like this. i'm only starting to build my first system so way to early to play but deffo something i'd like to work towards. Before covid hit i hooked up with a drummer ( i play bass) and we'd meet up once a week at a rehearsal studio and jam for a couple of hrs...As someone who's only ever made music at home it was a great to get away from studio monitors and playing at a decent volume. It took a while to click and lock in with each other but when it did it was pretty cool.

I'm Dublin based and I'd be really interested in checking out how others run their set up, what works for them ....
anomie
Common Wiggler

Post by anomie »

Oooh so sounds like we may have a Dublin posse! So we’re not out of lockdown yet, but would love to plan for a meet up later in April or May. Let’s keep in touch on it
Zifor
Common Wiggler

Post by Zifor »

Belfast gang here , id be down for hanging out and patching! Belfast/Dublin/wherever DM if this becomes something :D
Maggots Gnawing Leppers Toes
richduckworth
Learning to Wiggle

Post by richduckworth »

Us too (Analog On) we're up for Dublin or Belfast shows as we've played both cities many times. I'd be well up for developing a regular Belfast modular residency (covid permitting)
Synesthesia
Northern Light Modular

Post by Synesthesia »

Hello !

Clare based wiggler here. There is certainly a Dublin crew - Tadhg and the Dublin Modular gang seems still quite active - they were recruiting modular synth players for an event in Limerick in September.

I don't have much opportunity to play live but Dublin isn't out of reach - and have a good system for quadraphonic performances.

Currently working with a friend on adding video projection and mapping to sound :)
anomie
Common Wiggler

Post by anomie »

Marc, would love to see the outcome of that sound + video collaboration. Have a feeling there’s gonna be a lot of modular madness here in the coming months :yay:
Synesthesia
Northern Light Modular

Post by Synesthesia »

yes - should be find :) i am doing an online course on madmapper right now - hopefully we get some good results :)
Mudge
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Mudge »

Hi there, Did any Belfast-based organizations or activities develop out of this thread? I'm a musician visiting Belfast for a couple of weeks from late may thru early June and could meet up to play, grab a pint, or both.

Return to “Play Out! Performance Modulars”