Oakley SRE330

Discussion and support for users and builders of Oakley Sound musical products.

Moderators: Kent, Synthbuilder

Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Oakley SRE330

Post by Synthbuilder »

Clbraddock wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:49 pmI checked the pot itself and it measures correctly. Also checked the pot connections and they look okay.
How did you check the pot? The best way is to measure the wiper voltage (middle pin of the pot) with respect to 0V (ground) and wiggle the pot. The wiper voltage should go from -15V to +15V as you rotate the pot from one end to the other. If you can't get to the wiper pin directly you can measure pin 3 of U16 instead.

From what you are saying I would suspect the pot first. Sometimes the internal connection from one of the outer pins to the resistive track can break or become intermittent. This damage often occurs in transit when suppliers put the pots in a big bag all together.

Another part that could be faulty is U16.
Clbraddock
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Clbraddock »

Ok I think it is the pot. I tested it in the circuit and reading pin 3 of U16 it doesn’t vary much from +15 volts regardless of turning the pot. That would prob explain why the rate stays so high. I’ll swap it out for a different pot and that will prob fix it. Thanks for your help! It’s a great chorus.
Clbraddock
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Clbraddock »

Something I’ve noticed is that when the balance pot is set to 50% I lose some volume and bass frequencies. At 0% or 100% there is no volume loss or bass loss. Just curious if this is inherent to the circuit or if it means I have something not working right. I’m guessing it is phase cancellation, but I can’t say for sure.
Synthbuilder
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Synthbuilder »

Clbraddock wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:55 amI’m guessing it is phase cancellation...
I think so too.

Once you start to modulate the delay times the cancelled frequencies will move and it won't be so apparent.

Return to “Oakley Sound Systems”