USAMO

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: USAMO

Post by os » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:12 am

The clip LED doesn't really matter. If the self test is all green that's the important thing.

If the latency is changing, that will be the DAW changing its latency compensation calculation. This can depend on the DAW settings, the currently running plug-ins, whether tracks are record-enabled or live monitoring etc.

psicomagia
Learning to Wiggle

Post by psicomagia » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:05 pm

os wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:12 am
The clip LED doesn't really matter. If the self test is all green that's the important thing.

If the latency is changing, that will be the DAW changing its latency compensation calculation. This can depend on the DAW settings, the currently running plug-ins, whether tracks are record-enabled or live monitoring etc.
So any minor change, even enabling the record on a channel would change the latency?

With Ableton, Is there any way to produce with my external hardware in sync with Ableton sampler (via a midi channel)?

I was able to sync it now, however I had to re-adjust all latency every time I made a change in the layout or enabled another channel to record. If I want my external gear perfectly on grid should I have a template set in time and then don't touch anything else, just record?

btw, I'm just using the usamo as a clock.

thank you!

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:09 pm

This may help. Not directly talking about the USAMO but the principle will be the same.

viewtopic.php?p=3089974#p3089974

tbf
Learning to Wiggle

Post by tbf » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:23 am

is there any reason why the plugin should shoot out intermittent Stop immediately followed by either Continue or Start messages during Test mode, when only Clocks is selected? everything is green, and it all seems to work well, but that doesn't seem right

leterell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by leterell » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:51 am

tbf wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:23 am
is there any reason why the plugin should shoot out intermittent Stop immediately followed by either Continue or Start messages during Test mode, when only Clocks is selected? everything is green, and it all seems to work well, but that doesn't seem right

Test mode is supposed to shoot out different random messages to a midi input to immediately verify if the messages are being transported into the usamo and interpreted correctly. Test mode is not supposed to clock your gear in a traditionally musical or meaningful way. If all lines received are green you're good, connect midi to instrument! Just turn off Test mode before starting to clock your gear =)
looking for a STORAGE STRIP for my D0!

leterell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by leterell » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:49 am

Since many posts present problems, i'll share that i got my USAMO working very nicely once i defeated the audio routing related challenges that arose. Now i know what a rock solid sync looks like.

I now have it receiving USAMO plugin signal over a secondary headphones output of my interface, which can be directly addressed from ableton. otherwise i had a hard time adjusting the gain appropriately, the headphone amp in between means that i can get that clip-led dimly lit how the device seems happiest. Plugin adjustments of level, space etc. were not necessary on my end, trim 12 o'clock.
Last edited by leterell on Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

leterell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by leterell » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:04 am

Inadvertent double post.

bobbylandry
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bobbylandry » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:03 am

Got one in last night and it tests all green from the analog outs of an RME Digiface USB at 48k. I wasn't expecting any problems but did notice it wasn't on the compatibility list yet. Not sure this is the right place to share that info, but there it is.

bobbylandry
Wiggling with Experience

Post by bobbylandry » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:48 pm

bobbylandry wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:03 am
Got one in last night and it tests all green from the analog outs of an RME Digiface USB at 48k. I wasn't expecting any problems but did notice it wasn't on the compatibility list yet. Not sure this is the right place to share that info, but there it is.
May have spoken too soon, tested perfect last night, barely had to do anything, and proving somewhat unreliable today. If I get any better info I'll update.

kusho
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kusho » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 am

Hello,

USAMO is great, I had the USAMO running fine on my previous PC.
Now I have a new PC. I don't know if that's the problem, but I am having a consistent pattern of red lines in my test signal. I am not sure how to explore options to adjust my set up.

I have an audio channel in Reaper with USAMO plugin running out a dedicated hardware output channel from the USB interface. This is the Yamaha Steinberg interface that ran perfectly with USAMO previously.
I did find that there was a restart method of software and hardware I had that seemed to eradicate red lines from the test signal but I can't remember what that was.

Is there a guide to try out different setups to troubleshoot the source of the problem?

Thanks.

kusho
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kusho » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:41 am

kusho wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:21 am
Hello,

USAMO is great, I had the USAMO running fine on my previous PC.
Now I have a new PC. I don't know if that's the problem, but I am having a consistent pattern of red lines in my test signal. I am not sure how to explore options to adjust my set up.

I have an audio channel in Reaper with USAMO plugin running out a dedicated hardware output channel from the USB interface. This is the Yamaha Steinberg interface that ran perfectly with USAMO previously.
I did find that there was a restart method of software and hardware I had that seemed to eradicate red lines from the test signal but I can't remember what that was.

Is there a guide to try out different setups to troubleshoot the source of the problem?

Thanks.
Okay I solved it.

I found my previous thread on Muff Wiggler and the solution I found previously was to update the drivers in the Yamaha Steinberg USB interface. I also discovered that my previous working USAMO setup was with my old USB interface.
So I checked and there were some new drivers and firmware for my new interface (Yamaha Steinberg UR44C) as of January 2021. I updated firmware and ASIO driver, and now test signal is showing all green lines.

So I can report another device to add to the compatibility list: Yamaha Steinberg UR44C USB Audio Interface (Reaper, Korg Prologue, Windows 10)

It definitely pays to always check firmware and drivers are up to date.

Treibstoff
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Treibstoff » Mon May 10, 2021 12:37 pm

Just in case its not reported : I have running the Usamo with my Focusrite Scarlet 18i8 MK2 under PC Ableton 10 and its running perfect with notes, clock and Sysex. I have used the headphone jack 1 with Output 3/4 connected with an insert cable to Output 3. Level is 0.390 and Trim is around 1. Never had such a stable clock. iam happy :)

keykeyeyekit
Common Wiggler

Post by keykeyeyekit » Fri May 14, 2021 3:52 pm

I have Ableton 11 and am crashing the program with version 1.1.3 installed on a MAC. Is there a Expert Sleepers deinstall? Want to see if something is left behind from the old install, hoping it's just a matter of pointing to the newest firmware, but have deleted all files I can find and restarted the computer after installing the newest firmware. Crash after crash. Any advice?

EDIT: If anyone runs into this issue, I went to the folder Ableton is set to search for User VST's and deleted the USAMO file out of there, it was sort of hiding from my other file purges. Anyways I replaced it with a fresh instance of 1.1.3 and it is operating as expected now.

automatt
Learning to Wiggle

Post by automatt » Thu May 27, 2021 12:50 am

Hello! I've a problem with the USAMO AU - Mojave 10.14.6 - Logic Pro X 10.5.1.
I send Clock and Notes from the usamo AU and all works perfectly but ONLY with the usamo track selected.
When I select another track the midi clock stays right but the notes to my external instruments don't.
I've tried with External Midi Track and with Software track with the same result.
The USAMO track must be ever selected

With Cubase and USAMO vst no problem

Any help?

Thanks

[SOLVED]:
i've used the IAC bus instead of the direct usamo 1 port

automatt
Learning to Wiggle

Post by automatt » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:28 am

Jumping from an Arranger Track Event in Cubase to another causes double speed tempo.
Any advise? Is a Cubase bug?

kusho
Learning to Wiggle

Post by kusho » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:56 pm

I'm a bit confused how to send MIDI notes through USAMO. It will send clock and SPP fine.

USAMO sends MIDI notes when using Test-Notes(exhaustive). But in Reaper I have a MIDI file playing in a track with the USAMO plugin but the plugin doesn't send any notes to the USAMO hardware.

Any ideas?

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:17 am

Does the plug-in display anything in its "Received (Plug-In Input)" area?

Return to “Expert Sleepers”