New Eurorack maker, Evaton Technologies

Cwejman, Doepfer, Erica, MakeNoise, Mutable instruments, TipTop Audio, Analogue Solutions, and much more! The world’s most popular format.
Be sure to look into MANUFACTURER SUB-FORA as well..
BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug »

Here's a little ambient piece that's mostly RF Nomad: Radio20.mp3
Static and barely discernible voices from a weak station. Modulating the tuning makes that soaring woooo tone. Bandpass filter and a some echo on the radio. A sort of periodic drone sound provides contrast.
:nana:
rh2y
Common Wiggler

Oscillate:Pittsburgh

Post by rh2y »

Evaton Technologies will be at Oscillate:Pittsburgh on March 21. I may even be coaxed into playing a short set.

Oscillate: Pittsburgh
fudog
Common Wiggler

Post by fudog »

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/202102332" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
Image Soundcloud Image Facebook Also in group "The 15 Dead minutes": Image Soundcloud
fudog
Common Wiggler

Post by fudog »

[video][/video]
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/203580104" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Using the RF Nomad as an extra sound source, being fed into the S1 MMF (Mulit Mode Filter).

The frequency is modulated by pitch out on the S1.

Nothing fancy, just me twisting pots for 15 mins.

Love the combination of the S1 + RF Nomad, sounds so dirty and filthy.
Image Soundcloud Image Facebook Also in group "The 15 Dead minutes": Image Soundcloud
rh2y
Common Wiggler

Post by rh2y »

:bananaguitar:
rh2y
Common Wiggler

New Module! CLX dual clock / LFO / clocked logic module

Post by rh2y »

New module coming soon from Evaton Technologies!

The CLX is a dual clock source module, with two independent, free-running, 50% duty-cycle square wave analog oscillators, plus logic outputs. Each oscillator has its own frequency control knob, and a high and low frequency range, which is selectable via a toggle switch.

The frequency ranges from less than one cycle per second up into the low audio (several hundred hertz) range.

[video][/video]

Clocked Logic
In addition to the two independent clock outputs, the CLX has an output for the Logical AND and Logical XOR (exclusive OR) of the two clocks. The AND output is high only when both the A and B clocks are high. The XOR output is high only when A is high or B is high, but not both.

The logic outputs allow you to create some complex rhythmic material by using the ratio of the two clock rates to produce intricate repeating patterns of clocks.

Gate Driver
All CLX outputs can also be used as gates for things like Envelope Generators, VCA's, etc. The XOR output becomes very interesting when used as a gate source, as the pulse width of the XOR signal varies as the A and B clocks go in and out of phase.

LFO
The CLX outputs are unipolar square wave outputs, and can be used anywhere a square wave LFO would be used. Using the logic outputs allows you to create a dynamically-changing LFO.

Audio Drone
The CLX outputs go up into the audio frequency range, and can be used as fixed oscillators. The logic outputs sound very reminiscent of ring-modulated drones, as the AND and XOR signals vary in pulse width depending on the frequency and relative phase of the A and B clocks.

Specifications:
Width: 6HP
Depth: 20mm
Power: 10 mA @ +/- 12V
Range: Sub-1Hz to several hundred Hz
Signal Output: 0 to 8V

Available Soon
The CLX will be available Summer of 2015, price is yet to be determined; watch this space for more details.
BlueWolfSe7en
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BlueWolfSe7en »

Came across this article this eve. All about aerials & optimisation, very informative read!

http://kv5r.com/ham-radio/shortwave-antennas/

Enjoy
Strange Beautiful Machines
Sven Kalmar
Common Wiggler

nomad

Post by Sven Kalmar »

hey. Ive had the nomad a few months now and i have used it a LOT. Normally ill search with the maths either as a loong lfo or sometimes manually, variying the CV amount and tuning setting. a few days ago after reading here and elsewhere ive started to make adjustments to the L5 knob . Im very surprised how well i reicievs with the small included antenna, but i might have been lucky to find a sweetspot near an outer wall. Moving it 1 meter will make a huge difference. Now in seaching with various L5 positions. Not so easy to find the original setting back, sometines its there sometimes not. its a learning experience, im getting stations from all over the world, morse signals weird noises, everlasting crshing waves, variuos carriersignals,"Choire like stuff..strange frequecyshifting voices plasticbags in the wind..

i often use it with the phonogene and the echophone sometimes with a feedbackloop, to make Kubrick-like tunnels of sound..

so basicly ow i use the maths to sweep through various settings to see what is possible to find. very addicting.the L5 knob on mine will move from around 7oclock one full round and the to about 5 oclock, almost 2 rounds, anticlockwise is up and morse stuff comes in..
rh2y
Common Wiggler

Re: nomad

Post by rh2y »

Sven Kalmar wrote:
i often use it with the phonogene and the echophone sometimes with a feedbackloop, to make Kubrick-like tunnels of sound..
Would love to hear it!
rh2y
Common Wiggler

Frequency Range Mod

Post by rh2y »

Folks,

Ok, I know this is long overdue, but I'm a busy guy.

I had a moment this evening to do some experimenting with broadening the tuning range of the RF Nomad.

Here's a simple mod you can do, that makes the tuning range not quite double what it is from the factory.

Buy a RURP-15100 diode (http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Fai ... 15100_F085 )

Solder onto the back side of the RF Nomad, EXACTLY like this ( you'll have to bend the leads outward slightly, as shown in the photo):

You may want to secure the diode to the board with hot melt glue, so that it doesn't move around, causing capacitive effects as it does.

This increases the tuning range by about 180 kHz or so.

Hope that helps!

Russ
BlueWolfSe7en
Wiggling with Experience

Post by BlueWolfSe7en »

Cool beans, thanks Russ
Strange Beautiful Machines
bemushroomed
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by bemushroomed »

Cool, will try this mod out.. tried a really long antenna (extended the extra long antenna for the RF nomad to 2.5x the length) still never really get anything.. the cable i used was copper though, and very thin.. will purchase a better one.

btw, here you can buy RURP-15100 with less shipping cost.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/191755283076?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
alamandra
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by alamandra »

Mine has a blue pcb instead of the green. I'm assuming this is like an earlier one. Does this make a difference on the part used or anything? I can see this spot in the picture on the back of the module the solder side. So I can tell where it needs to go.
Shiney metal module shirt
rh2y
Common Wiggler

Post by rh2y »

alamandra wrote:Mine has a blue pcb instead of the green. I'm assuming this is like an earlier one. Does this make a difference on the part used or anything? I can see this spot in the picture on the back of the module the solder side. So I can tell where it needs to go.
The blue PCBs were from the first 2 batches of Nomads. Newer ones are green. The location of this mod is the same for both, as is the required part.
Mostin77
Common Wiggler

Post by Mostin77 »

Monobass wrote:Well I've really not had a lot of time to use mine, but I have a feeling that I might be a victim of geography! Brighton has the sea on one side and a roughly 100m high 30 km long escarpment blocking us off from any signals coming from the rest of the UK.

I thought I might be hearing French voices, but nothing yet other than white noise. There might be extremely quiet heterodyning type effects in there but I might be hallucinating from listening to the white noise for too long :)
Im on the south coast of Dorset and in a similar situation, hills all around but sea to the south. I thought I’d be receiving some signals from across the sea, but so far nothing but loud white noise. I’ve just extended the antenna using speaker wire. Hopefully this might help.
BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug »

Monobass. For what it's worth... I'm in Philadelphia on the busy and fairly flat east coast of US and I get almost nothing. Sometimes in the afternoon I can faintly receive a religious station in the south. Too bad. Have tried different antennas including a small portable amplified one (one travelers like). Probably would need to erect a long wire on the roof but it's not practical. What were they thinking? Those standard and even the "long" wire are pretty useless here.
:nana:
Mostin77
Common Wiggler

Post by Mostin77 »

Update: looks like the “skip” has bought in a bit of heterodyning type effects but I’m still not getting any stations as such. One thing I’m a bit confused about is the white noise is always the same intensity and loudness above everything else, I can’t really understand this as I’d imagine it’d kinda change and tune out as the signal changes?
Oodo85
Common Wiggler

Post by Oodo85 »

BananaPlug wrote:Here's a little ambient piece that's mostly RF Nomad: Radio20.mp3
Static and barely discernible voices from a weak station. Modulating the tuning makes that soaring woooo tone. Bandpass filter and a some echo on the radio. A sort of periodic drone sound provides contrast.
This is very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Return to “1U & 3U Eurorack Modules”