Who is all geeked out on analog logic?

Post your patches here! Put the format(s) in the subject.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Bachelard
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Who is all geeked out on analog logic?

Post by Bachelard » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:01 pm

modeleus & Xomrys - amazing patch ideas. I don't fully understand it on paper, but I'll try them out. This is by far my favourite thread on MW.

panda
Common Wiggler

Post by panda » Sat May 01, 2021 1:52 am

Dcramer wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:36 pm
:party: This is also my kinda thread!

Sadly, because ‘I am the dumb’ :hmm: it takes me way longer to understand what you guys are talking about :oops:
Same. Months later and I am still processing this all.

sir stony
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sir stony » Sat May 01, 2021 3:07 am

PhineasFreak wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:52 am
i want a 1v/oct phrase that slowly evolves over a very long time but has some feeling of familiarity to it although not repeating' - solution,:
[...]
- output needs to feedback to input so as to influence the phrase to slowly evolve [mult the output 1v/oct to the source lfo rate cv in...,
the output of the quantiser (1v/oct signal) needs to influence the modules generating its output - i.e. we need to create a feedback loop involving the LFO's driving the quantiser pitch, then the quantiser pitch out [i.e. the 1v/oct signal] going back to LFO rate in, so as to create an effect that each time the LFO's change the quantiser pitch it changes the output of the LFO's feeding into it so that it doesn't repeat identically.
[this gives us our evolution - each time the quantiser outputs it changes the LFO's creating its input via feedback loops so the pattern iss never quite the same even tho similar]
so, we mult the 1v/oct out of the quantiser [the out would normally just drive pittch in of the voice modules] and the multed copy[ies] go to rate inputs of the LFO's generating the patterns for the quantiser [attenuated/attenuverted/offset as necessary]
Between these two parts, you could add a couple comparators to pick out three note values, and feed these to a Logica in 1,2,3 mode, controlling a vca gate to allow or prohibit the feedback to the source lfos. So your pattern would progress its evolution only when a particular cadence is played.

Katherine Alicia
Common Wiggler

Post by Katherine Alicia » Sat May 01, 2021 3:15 am

Xomrys wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:51 pm

A set of three comparators can compute any binary logic function (this was the idea behind the Serge triple comparator module).
info + patches in this thread: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... r#p3341496
Sorry if this is off topic slightly, but is such a panel available in eurorack? I too am interested in Logic and it`s application in sound.
*Peace, Love, Unity, Respect*
https://www.youtube.com/KatherineAlicia

sir stony
Veteran Wiggler

Post by sir stony » Sat May 01, 2021 3:28 am

Katherine Alicia wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:15 am
Xomrys wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:51 pm

A set of three comparators can compute any binary logic function (this was the idea behind the Serge triple comparator module).
info + patches in this thread: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... r#p3341496
Sorry if this is off topic slightly, but is such a panel available in eurorack? I too am interested in Logic and it`s application in sound.
There's the Elby designs ES11

Katherine Alicia
Common Wiggler

Post by Katherine Alicia » Sat May 01, 2021 8:32 am

that`s perfect, thanks! :tu:
*Peace, Love, Unity, Respect*
https://www.youtube.com/KatherineAlicia

Cat-A-Tonic
Lobsters love Muff

Post by Cat-A-Tonic » Sun May 02, 2021 2:23 am

Doepfer A-172 Max/Min
is good in an LZX video context too

PhineasFreak
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by PhineasFreak » Tue May 04, 2021 5:26 am

sir stony wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 3:07 am
PhineasFreak wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:52 am
Between these two parts, you could add a couple comparators to pick out three note values, and feed these to a Logica in 1,2,3 mode, controlling a vca gate to allow or prohibit the feedback to the source lfos. So your pattern would progress its evolution only when a particular cadence is played.
omg - thats genius - and i have 2 logica xt's so i can do some fancy stuff along those lines!

Return to “Synthesis Techniques”