"Remix/ReMangle" Contest now open!

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Show us what "remix" means to you! Create, share, vote, win modules & more! Free gifts too!
Join in here!

6equencer firmware update problems

Support and discussion of Tubbutec products.

Moderators: Kent, tubbutec

honkfink
Learning to Wiggle

6equencer firmware update problems

Post by honkfink » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:45 pm

The firmware link for 1.2 doesn't work

honkfink
Learning to Wiggle

Re: 6equencer thread

Post by honkfink » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:58 pm

Also, what's the best way to send this file to the 6equencer as i only have access to a Mac at the moment, not Windows? (I can emulate Windows XP if needs be)

tubbutec
Ultra Wiggler

Post by tubbutec » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:25 am

honkfink wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:45 pm
The firmware link for 1.2 doesn't work
Fixed, thanks :)

tubbutec
Ultra Wiggler

Post by tubbutec » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:26 am

honkfink wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:58 pm
Also, what's the best way to send this file to the 6equencer as i only have access to a Mac at the moment, not Windows? (I can emulate Windows XP if needs be)
If you can emulate, do that. We are looking at publishing a OSX version, too of course. Apple makes that quite difficult, when you don't own a mac ;)

honkfink
Learning to Wiggle

Post by honkfink » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:51 am

The windows updater is not a valid windows 32 application is the error message I'm getting. That's the only Windows I have to run at the moment. I have access to Intel and M1 Macs. Is there any open source tool I could run or even run on emulated Linux?? Even iOS or Android would do.

honkfink
Learning to Wiggle

Post by honkfink » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 pm

OK, so I managed to get ahold of a copy of Windows 10 to run under emulation, where I've been able to run the updater app. I've tried with an Elektron TM-1 and a Korg SQ-1 as a MIDI interface and no versions of the firmware have been able to be applied successfully, I've been getting some flashing red lights on the 6equencer in the update process. I'm thinking it would be much easier and more platform agnostic if you could provide the firmware as a .wav file that can be played out of an audio interface like with Endorphins or Mutable Instruments modules.

mvdirty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mvdirty » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:15 pm

honkfink wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:52 pm
OK, so I managed to get ahold of a copy of Windows 10 to run under emulation, where I've been able to run the updater app. I've tried with an Elektron TM-1 and a Korg SQ-1 as a MIDI interface and no versions of the firmware have been able to be applied successfully, I've been getting some flashing red lights on the 6equencer in the update process.
Just so you know you’re not alone in failing to update the module: With the latest update software version (the only version which supports the module,) a simple class-compliant USB MIDI interface, and running Windows 10 natively, as soon as I start the update the AC led briefly lights up red and then the module immediately restarts. This happens whether I attempt to flash the 1.01 or 1.2 firmware versions.

mvdirty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mvdirty » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:43 pm

As a quick update: I noticed that a new version of the firmware updater software had been posted to the Tubbutec web site, and attempted to update my 6equencer again. Sadly there’s no change in result, and it failed the same way as before: as soon as I start the update the AC led briefly lights up red and then the module immediately restarts.

tubbutec
Ultra Wiggler

Post by tubbutec » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:45 am

mvdirty wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:43 pm
As a quick update: I noticed that a new version of the firmware updater software had been posted to the Tubbutec web site, and attempted to update my 6equencer again. Sadly there’s no change in result, and it failed the same way as before: as soon as I start the update the AC led briefly lights up red and then the module immediately restarts.
This indicates an incorrect checksum. Any chance you can try a different midi interface? We are using this kind of update procedure for many products and usually it works quite well for our customers. I have however seen some midi interfaces producing complete garbage when confronted with sending sysex ....

mvdirty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mvdirty » Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:37 am

tubbutec wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:45 am
This indicates an incorrect checksum. Any chance you can try a different midi interface? We are using this kind of update procedure for many products and usually it works quite well for our customers. I have however seen some midi interfaces producing complete garbage when confronted with sending sysex ....
I bought an interface solely for this update, otherwise I’d not have needed one in my setup, and I’m frankly going to have to think about how interested I am in purchasing a second.

For what it is worth, this was attempted with a MioXC, in case that helps triangulate any potential issues.

Can you recommend any inexpensive interfaces which you know to work well with your hardware and software?

mvdirty
Wiggling with Experience

Re: 6equencer firmware update problems

Post by mvdirty » Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:10 am

I’m not normally one to bump threads, but seeing as it’s been two weeks I’ll try a single bump.

I would really appreciate any (inexpensive) MIDI interfaces which Tubbutec can recommend as working well with their hardware/software.

tubbutec
Ultra Wiggler

Post by tubbutec » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:32 am

Thank you.
we have tested the update mechanism with several midi interfaces ourselves, we also use a very similar update procedure in all our other products and it typically works...

So in order to figure out what the problem could be in your case, maybe you could answer some more questions:
- Does midi typically work for you with 6equencer? Can you trigger sounds by sending the correct midi notes? Can you clock and start/stop 6equencer over midi?

tubbutec
Ultra Wiggler

Post by tubbutec » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:59 am

Please be so kind ant test firmware updater version 2.31. I believe the issue might be fixed now:
https://tubbutec.de/tubbutec-firmware-updater/

mvdirty
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mvdirty » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:28 pm

tubbutec wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:59 am
Please be so kind ant test firmware updater version 2.31. I believe the issue might be fixed now:
https://tubbutec.de/tubbutec-firmware-updater/
Thanks for that; we have forward progress!

I was able to flash the 1.2 ebi successfully with 2.31, though upon checking the version the module lights the two LEDs documented as indicating 1.1. Is that expected?

honkfink
Learning to Wiggle

Post by honkfink » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:22 am

It seems to have updated for me as well when running windows under emulation.

Return to “Tubbutec”