Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

Tenori-On Users With a Mac?

Yamaha shut down all support - let this instrument live on here!

Moderators: Kent, ritchiedrums, Paranormal Patroler

pikablue
Learning to Wiggle

Re: Tenori-On Users With a Mac?

Post by pikablue » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:24 am

By the way, (see other threads on sample format), I decoded the format enough to write a "audition" tool, which some people have reported works on the Mac. My distribution method is, however, clumsy and awkward, since I'm well behind the times on cross-platform development.

If there is a real problem here, I know the format enough to be able to probably write a version of the User Voice Manager. But like I say, my cross-platform skills are very limited. and I don't really have time to learn a whole new tool set, so I would need some support from audio-savvy Mac users for testing/deployment. But if someone could help, then I'm happy to try to rescue TNR Mac users...

mckenic

Post by mckenic » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:06 pm

Id be happy to help if I could but I dont think Id be much use as Im on High Sierra still.

Epbort
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Epbort » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:17 pm

Hi to everyone,
I downloaded some songs and sounds from user @Ersatzplanet Dropbox folder and then copied them to Tenori-on folder in my 2Gb sd card where I have my stuff. Unfortunately, when I try to load a song I receive this message: "Sd card error! Mode is different" Someone can help me?
I also noticed that @ersatzplanet files are seen not as "songs" but as "allblocks".
Thanks in advance, cheers.

pikablue
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pikablue » Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:22 am

Epbort wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:17 pm
@ersatzplanet files are seen not as "songs" but as "allblocks"
The TNR was conceived as a performance instrument.

A "song" is a real time recording of the buttons the user pressed during a performance. Loading a "song" only allows you to play it back; you can't edit it. The TNR internal demo mode is stored as a song. The default extension for a song is .TNR.

An "allblocks" save is the file containing the actual LED positions, layer settings, etc. for all layers and all blocks. This is probably more similar to what you expect when you load a file. You can load an "allblocks" file and edit it, for example. The default extension for allblocks is .TNA.
Epbort wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:17 pm
"Sd card error! Mode is different"
I can't tell in the code exactly what might be leading to this; it's not something I've ever got before. Which file are you trying to load? (And just in case it's my fault, are you using the stock firmware?)

Best regards,

..pika..

ship_house
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ship_house » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:06 pm

Hello,

I'm using the User Voice Manager Windows Version under Linux with Wine without problems. I think is pretty straightforward, the only additional requirement is to put the mfc42.dll dll file in the same directory where TNR_UserVoiceMgr.exe is located. I could post the dll on the forum but I'm not sure if is this legal (let me know).

I'm not a MAC user but if you could have Wine installed on your system you could benefit of using some windows 32/64 bit old software and hardware (if it uses MIDI or USB over MIDI). At this point I have the Yamaha XGWorks (for a QY100 sequencer) and User Voice Manager installed and some Vox programs for guitar (Tonelab Valvetronix Desktop).

The combination of Ubuntu Studio (low latency), Jack Audio, Reaper and Karla is quite good.

Regards

j450nn014n
Wiggling with Experience

Re:

Post by j450nn014n » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:34 pm

ersatzplanet wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:39 pm
Here is a link to my Tenori-On folder with all the software, Firmware Updates, Owners manual, Service manual, MIDI cable Pinouts, and over 500 samples that I have gleaned off the net over the years - ENJOY!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uk3uoz76qp94 ... VlaLa?dl=0
Thanks for this. Appreciated.
Autistic. I like making noises at my workplace. I usually end up breaking something.

Return to “Tenori-On”