First concert in a long time tomorrow! Who else is getting back out there?

Live patching, designs, and techniques that push the performance envelope.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Oscar South
Learning to Wiggle

First concert in a long time tomorrow! Who else is getting back out there?

Post by Oscar South » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:36 am

Performing with UDAGAN (https://UDAGANuniverse.com) at a fringe festival in Sheffield tomorrow! Bit scary with the numbers going on at the moment but we've been unable to practice our profession for so long that it's a really good feeling to be getting out to perform music we've worked hard developing in a great venue to an appreciative audience, and really just start rebuilding our careers after years of unexpected creative development!

I'm playing electric guitars (in a kind of fingerstyle way) while operating drum machines and a semi-modular rig with a mix of hands on and floor controls. Saydyy is performing vocals and khomus (Sakha ethnic mouth harp instrument). This is the equipment I'm performing with:

Anyone else got anything lined up?
I produce & perform synthesis : sampling : [live] with UDAGAN --> https://UDAGANniverse.com/

“UDAGAN combines the ancient traditions of the Sakha people with experimental technology to create unique and extraordinary sounds. Basically, Saydyy-Kuo creates a whole range of sounds using just her voice and Khomus [mouth harp] which Oscar then digitally manipulates electronically to create an aural collage which is unlike anything you have ever heard before. Remarkable.” – Peter Cowley, FATEA Magazine

sjbucks
Learning to Wiggle

Re: First concert in a long time tomorrow! Who else is getting back out there?

Post by sjbucks » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:18 am

I did my first gig a couple of weeks ago. It was a lot better than expected - I've actually got better at performing after doing loads of live stream gigs and videos etc.

I've got gigs lined up in September, November, January and April. How many of them will actually go ahead I don't know, but hopefully at least a few of them. The April gig is in a theater so a lot bigger than anything I've done before...

Pelsea
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: First concert in a long time tomorrow! Who else is getting back out there?

Post by Pelsea » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:26 pm

A group of my friends and ex-students have a yearly get together at a house in the woods and spend the afternoon jamming. Didn't do it last year of course, but we'll be out there scaring the squirrels in three weeks.
When it began, we called it Woodstockhausen, and it gradually grew into an international deal with shows on the UCSC campus. However, it got too big to manage in spare time, so we went back to the house party format-- µhausen.
Books and tutorials on modular synthesis at http://peterelsea.com
Patch responsibly.
pqe

Return to “Play Out! Performance Modulars”