Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Bataserpa
Common Wiggler

Post by Bataserpa » Fri May 20, 2016 8:54 am

I wrote an email to Shawn telling about i opened this thread. Seems he does not care much.

This is the email i got from him on April 19 (a month ago):

"hello Gustavo,

I am sorry that you felt you had to open a thread about us.
I am sorry the situation came to that in the first place.
We have already re-shipped your package and I am sure it will arrive soon.
Please let me know when you get it, everything was labelled exactly as the previous
time we sent the order.

Thank you,

Shawn Cleary"

I wrote at least 2 more emails and tried to call asking the tracking number. Because he never give me this number and considering a month already pass since the said shipment is difficult for me to believe what is written there is true.

Unfortunately just apologizes does not solve the problem.

SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron » Fri May 20, 2016 10:10 am

Whatever is really happening in this situation, it makes zero sense for them not to give you a customs/tracking number.

Unless they didn't actually send it.

So, if they are lying about shipping a package...then why?

SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron » Fri May 20, 2016 10:12 am

Nelson Baboon wrote:I know nothing about what is actually happening here, but what I don't understand is how it is relevant if you've had good experiences with AH. I think that it's pretty rare that any store/seller, etc, has screwed over everyone.

This needs to be dealt with somehow.

has anyone here who claims to have gotten such great service actually contacted Shawn and brought this up? I mean, I haven't dealt with him very much in the last few years - do I have to do it?

This seems crazy to me.
A very small percentage of people have the personality to confront someone if they've been done wrong. An even smaller minority will go to bat for others.

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Fri May 20, 2016 10:34 am

SynthBaron wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:I know nothing about what is actually happening here, but what I don't understand is how it is relevant if you've had good experiences with AH. I think that it's pretty rare that any store/seller, etc, has screwed over everyone.

This needs to be dealt with somehow.

has anyone here who claims to have gotten such great service actually contacted Shawn and brought this up? I mean, I haven't dealt with him very much in the last few years - do I have to do it?

This seems crazy to me.
A very small percentage of people have the personality to confront someone if they've been done wrong. An even smaller minority will go to bat for others.
I sent Shawn an email.

ym2612
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ym2612 » Fri May 20, 2016 10:51 am

MindMachine wrote:Any luck for you?
No luck and no resolution yet. I'm attempting to revive the email chain. I haven't been as vigilant in this process as I could have been, because my whole system plan has changed since I sent the rather inexpensive module off to be repaired, but it would nice to have it fixed finally.

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Fri May 20, 2016 11:50 am

I'm getting nowhere with Shawn, and I'm a bit annoyed.

Now, Shawn says that he sent the tracking when he first shipped it. My final response was that if there was a disagreement on this, why not just send it again. But he just doesn't seem to care much about this, and doesn't seem to want to go around in emails with anybody about it. Too bad.

SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron » Fri May 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Nelson Baboon wrote:I'm getting nowhere with Shawn, and I'm a bit annoyed.

Now, Shawn says that he sent the tracking when he first shipped it. My final response was that if there was a disagreement on this, why not just send it again. But he just doesn't seem to care much about this, and doesn't seem to want to go around in emails with anybody about it. Too bad.
That right there kinda seals the deal, don't it?

:sadbanana:

listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Fri May 20, 2016 1:14 pm

I have been in touch with Shawn about this, too, asking him to chime in. He says that the shipment is on its way. Apparently he doesn't want to get involved in this thread at this point since he is expecting the shipment to arrive any day, so he assumes this will be resolved soon. I told him it might still be a good idea to provide the tracking number.

SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron » Fri May 20, 2016 2:14 pm

He doesn't have to get involved in this thread, he just has to send people some tracking numbers in private e-mail...

:guinness:

Dave Peck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dave Peck » Fri May 20, 2016 2:51 pm

SynthBaron wrote:He doesn't have to get involved in this thread, he just has to send people some tracking numbers in private e-mail...

:guinness:
Exactly. When a customer asks "what is the tracking number?" there is absolutely no legitimate justification to reply with "it's on its way" and neglect to answer the customer's question and neglect to provide the tracking number. It's extremely unprofessional and uncooperative behavior, and it's terrible customer service. It also indicates that the company is trying to hide something, like the fact that they either did not ship it, or are so disorganized that they now cannot tell whether they shipped it or not.

Bataserpa
Common Wiggler

Post by Bataserpa » Fri May 20, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks Nelson, Listentoheartbeat and Synthbaron. I really appreciate all the effort you guys are doing for help me, specially the emails.

I really don't understand what kind of business man he is. It is so easy thing to solve, what the hell. I was extremely polite and reasonable in all the emails i sent to him.

He needs to understand that i need the tracking number not only for check if the order was dispatched but to make sure it was sent to the correct address. How about if the box get lost? How about if the address was wrong again? (i am pretty sure i gave him the right email when i bought). If somehow the post office lose it how can i complain t them without the tracking number?

I understand why Shawn does not wanna get involved in this topic, but refuse to give me the tracking number is unbelievable. It points me to the conclusion that box was not even sent. So, while the silence persist, the AH reputation just burn.

I do have the tracking number AH gave me on january 2015 (EK582448953US). Of course it does not show in the system anymore.

What piss me off is not the money itself but the feeling of somebody, or some store, is taking an illegal advantage over you is really bad

Thanks again to everyone.

djthopa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by djthopa » Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 pm

I'm sorry to hear this.

I made many orders to Shawn from overseas (spain) and I have never had any issues. Don't buy anymore because of the bad dollar euro exchange rate at the moment.

I guess this doesn't help you at all. Hope you get it sorted out.

coyoteous
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by coyoteous » Sun May 22, 2016 2:23 pm

Do they wear costumes at AH?

Sorry... couldn't resist.

I'm boycotting them in solidarity until this is resolved.

Anyone else care to pledge?

It's especially easy if you weren't going to buy from them anyway, but sends a statement, nonetheless.
Shark, jumped.

Bataserpa
Common Wiggler

Post by Bataserpa » Sun May 22, 2016 7:58 pm

HaHaHa I did not realize about the "costumers" stuffs.

Not having English as my native language and trusting too much in the text spell checker makes this kind of funny and embarrassing mistake happen. Sorry about that:)

Anyway, Coyoteus, thanks a lot for your support and solidarity.

I really hope AH does not do with anybody else what they are doing to me. They are underestimating the power of this forum.

I will let you guys informed.

Gustavo

listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Tue May 24, 2016 7:10 am

I have sent Shawn another email. I really don't understand why he does not provide a tracking number. Normally you get an automated email with the shipping info for every order at AH.

EDIT: I am in touch with Shawn and there appears to be another side of the story. I won't say more than that because I respect Shawn's decision to stay out of this thread and not post any details publicly. But the information I received pretty much confirms that a shipment is on its way.

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Tue May 24, 2016 8:49 am

i got an email from Shawn this morning saying that he just sent the tracking #, as well as pictures of the returned shipment, and the new one.

givemeasine
Learning to Wiggle

Post by givemeasine » Tue May 24, 2016 9:24 am

Woah, wait- another side to the story? That is wild...

Bataserpa
Common Wiggler

Post by Bataserpa » Tue May 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Like i replied on pm to listentoheartbeat, I confirm that Shawn wrote me an email and give me the tracking number. The order was shipped on May 21 and it is on the way (i check it in the post office system).

He also send me pictures of the returned box with Brazilian customs tapes, i just can't see from when, because the item was, at least once, really returned to the seller on January 2015 from an unknown reason (it says a problem with the address).

Really does not matter now, the important thing is that i know the box is on the way and now I have the tracking number to follow it.

I will let you guys know when i get it. Just note it will take time because, even the package arrived here, customs procedures in Brazil are extremely slow to get the final destination (sometimes takes 3 to 4 weeks).

Thanks for everyone who helped me. I am pretty sure the situation was not get solved, or would takes much more time to resolve, if wasn't from some of you guys help.

All the best

Gustavo

Multi Grooves
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Multi Grooves » Tue May 24, 2016 5:39 pm

::puts popcorn on ice::

Hope this is resolved soon.
...but Cynthia, my Daddy never had a heath kit..

F.s. hand made wooden rack ears for Elektron Machine Drum/Monomachine

coyoteous
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by coyoteous » Thu May 26, 2016 3:34 am

Ah, the old "there's another side to the story but I'm not going to say what it is" trick... kind of low in my book and only tendered to obfuscate and raise doubt about the OP's claim.

I'll still probably buy things that may only be exclusively there after this is resolved (Happy Nerding planned), but...
Shark, jumped.

gonkulator
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gonkulator » Thu May 26, 2016 9:18 am

Having a short, but busy history with Shawn, and being both a giver and receiver of service for a long time, there is always another side to the story. And I know that there is rarely any productive reason to get into an argument in a forum like this. My opinion stays the same (almost totally positive) until I have first hand reason to change it.
Racks
Solaris Site
Stuff for sale
Stuff for sale shown on Modulargrid
WTB: Black panels

Unflappably nonchalant, with some exceptions

listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Thu May 26, 2016 10:28 am

coyoteous wrote:Ah, the old "there's another side to the story but I'm not going to say what it is" trick... kind of low in my book and only tendered to obfuscate and raise doubt about the OP's claim.
Just for the record, when I wrote "another side of the story" I didn't mean to imply that Bataserpa did something wrong. This is not what Shawn told me either. I suppose it comes down to multiple fuck-ups by the Brazilian customs / postal service provider as well as poor communication by Shawn. However, what was not really talked about in this thread (I think) is that international returns of unclaimed / undelivered packages can take months, so it is not as outrageous as it might seem that this took more than a year. I do believe that Shawn should improve his communication in cases where something goes wrong, but I also believe that this was a tough nut to crack for him considering the shipping troubles to Brazil.

coyoteous
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by coyoteous » Thu May 26, 2016 10:41 am

Thanks, that clarification makes more sense.
Shark, jumped.

SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron » Thu May 26, 2016 10:47 am

FWIW, my only success with shipping to awful postal systems like Brazil and Italy had been by using USPS Priority Mail Express International or Global Express Guaranteed (or FedEx/UPS...but they're really expensive) simply because they're reliably traceable/trackable packages and you can easily get a signature on delivery. Any service below that and it seems like a 50/50 chance your package will get lost/stolen. But people don't want to pay $40 to mail a small thing, so...

whinger
Wiggling with Experience

Post by whinger » Thu May 26, 2016 7:08 pm

Here's my latest dealing with AH.

I emailed to check availability of an FM Aid. He told me they were out of stock and that they should get a shipment in within about 30 days. I asked if I could pay now and have the module shipped out automatically when they come in. He said he wouldn't do that as he can't control what happens with the modules, and if the modules never came into the shop, he'd owe me money. It's easier for him to just be paid once the order is fulfilled. A fair policy.

While I waited for the module to become available, I got antsy and decided to buy an E560 as well. I once again emailed him and asked him to reserve the module for me and ship both once the FM Aid came in.

Last week I got an email from Shawn saying that the FM Aid has come in, but that he must have sold the E560 as he couldn't find it, but expects a new shipment soon-ish. I replied explaining that I was disappointed and that I would have bought the E560 at that time had I guessed there'd be a chance of it not being reserved. He apologized and said he would definitely reserve one for me in the next batch. I was understandably disappointed.

A couple hours later he sent me an email letting me know that I had garbled my address and phone number when ordering and to please call him. I had used the browser's autofill, which I never do, so that was my fault completely. When I called, he confirmed the information and then told me that he had in fact found the E560 he had set aside for me and would include it in the same package.

Both modules were sent via UPS that same day. A couple days later they were delivered to my house. The box was VERY securely packaged, the inside had multiple layers of bubble wrap, and the interiors of the boxes themselves had bubble wrap added to them as well. Zero chance for damage, outside of deliberate tampering or the truck running over the box. I find that level of care to be reassuring.

The SynthTech module came in an electrostatic envelope which I thought was a lovely touch and assume that it comes from SynthTech HQ that way. I don't know if it really protects anything, but it made me feel good to see someone adding that protection.

I have dealt with Shawn multiple times, and every time has been really nice, I can't say anything negative about the man.

You mileage may vary.

I also do a lot of my business with Jason at Control Voltage and cannot recommend him enough. If you're unhappy with AH for whatever reason, give CV a shot, he's good people too.

[edited for typos]

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”