Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

fac
wig MUffler

Post by fac » Sat May 07, 2016 8:19 am

Infinity Curve wrote:Or he needs to check his shipping receipts based on the postal code/address so he can find the tracking number for him.
Isn't "Brazil" enough of a clue? How many shipments to Brazil could he have made in the past two weeks?

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Sat May 07, 2016 10:13 am

Ya, but on a shipping receipt, it doesn't say 'Brazil', it just notes the postal code. Considering how many shipments he likely makes, he probably has to go through his records to find the tracking number. Another consideration is for international packages, he has to go and mail it in person at the post office, it isn't done through automated pickup, so his only record is likely the printed receipt, and this might have been misplaced.

Not to excuse the situation the buyer is in by any means

fac
wig MUffler

Post by fac » Sat May 07, 2016 10:42 am

Infinity Curve wrote:Ya, but on a shipping receipt, it doesn't say 'Brazil', it just notes the postal code. Considering how many shipments he likely makes, he probably has to go through his records to find the tracking number.
I'm not sure about that. Postal codes are only unambiguous within the same country. The same postal code might used in two different countries. For example, my postal code (in Mexico) is also the postal code of some place in San Antonio, Texas. For international shipments, there's no way to know where a package is going if you only have the postal code. On the other hand, when I've shipped internationally, my receipts always indicate the country of the destination.

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Sat May 07, 2016 10:57 am

Different here. While you get a copy of the customs document, the actual receipt with the tracking number just notes the postal code it was sent to

icaroferre
Common Wiggler

Post by icaroferre » Sat May 07, 2016 12:06 pm

Oh man, what an awful situation.
As a brazilian wiggler, I can totally relate to Bataserpa situation. We already have to constantly deal with extremely high exchange rate between USD / BRL as well as super abusive importing taxes (that can easily add up to 110%) so it's frustrating when we also have to deal with problems like these on top of everything.

I was going to suggest opening a dispute on Paypal however I'm not sure if it'd be possible since Bataserpa bought the modules more than 1 year ago.
A dispute would end up forcing AH to provide shipping information to prove that the products were in fact shipped.
Not a great solution but I can't think of any other one. :despair:
Spektro Audio
CV Toolkit | MaxforLive Devices | Sample Packs
http://spektroaudio.com/

Personal Website | Current Setup

Bataserpa
Common Wiggler

Post by Bataserpa » Mon May 09, 2016 9:21 am

Hi everyone

It's being a hard time. After almost a hundred of international transactions I never be in this kind of awful situation. I still don't have the tracking number and honestly i don't think i will have. The same thing i think about the money i spent (what was not easy to earn).

Icaroferre is right about the Brazilian importing taxes. Even i got my modules today i will pay more money for taxes i would pay in the beginning of last year (when i made the order) because of the actual absurd USD currency compare to Real (Brazilian money). Of course i am not blaming AH because of the sh** problems in the economy of my country. I am just saying that to make a point to show how miserable my situation is.

I contacted Paypal and unfortunately there is nothing they can do because too much time past after my order. I let this happen (did not contact them earlier) because, like the most of you, i never had a problem with AH before so i thought the problem would get solved easily. Silly me.

Anyway thanks a lot for all the support messages, advices and wishes i am getting for you guys.

I am very happy there is other online stores (and private sellers) that sell modules. If AH were the only one certainly i would quite modular synthesizers for good.

Robscorch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Robscorch » Mon May 09, 2016 9:58 am

Bataserpa wrote:
Icaroferre is right about the Brazilian importing taxes...
because of the actual absurd USD currency compare to Real (Brazilian money).
How is the USD NOT a real currency...? :hmm: In fact it's accepted almost everywhere in the world including countries that are known to bad mouth the US so so much.

ALSO the high taxation is the fault of the receiving country in almost all cases as far as I understand such things. You mentioned BRAZILIAN IMPORTING TAXES and there is your real issue. Things need to be taken up with your local government and blaming any retailer for the situation in any way shape or form is highly unfair and quite an ill thing to even consider. I realize your not blaming them for the situation, but still putting a retail on blast for a situation completely outside their control is just as silly as the modern social justice fad that seems to be going around. The more a package changes hands the more money it will cost to get to where it's going simple simple economics here. When a bully government or shipping company gets itself involved things get even more expensive.

I believe things here could get to hot and heavy politically to really talk about here so please for the love of cat let's keep this on the strait and narrow.

Last edited by Robscorch on Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've got some stuff for sale check it out here
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." Mike Tyson

Infinity Curve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Infinity Curve » Mon May 09, 2016 10:09 am

Robscorch wrote:
Bataserpa wrote:
How is the USD NOT a real currency...? :hmm: In fact it's accepted almost everywhere in the world including countries that are known to bad mouth the US so so much.
You misunderstood his meaning - Brazilian currency is called 'Real'

Torn n Frayed
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Torn n Frayed » Mon May 09, 2016 10:12 am

Robscorch wrote:
Bataserpa wrote:

ALSO the high taxation is the fault of the receiving country in almost all cases as far as I understand such things. You mentioned BRAZILIAN IMPORTING TAXES and there is your real issue. Things need to be taken up with your local government and blaming any retailer for the situation in any way shape or form is highly unfair and quite an ill thing to even consider. I realize your not blaming them for the situation, but still putting a retail on blast for a situation completely outside their control is just as silly as the modern social justice fad that seems to be going around. The more a package changes hands the more money it will cost to get to where it's going simple simple economics here. When a bully government or shipping company gets itself involved things get even more expensive.

I believe things here could get to hot and heavy politically to really talk about here so please for the love of cat let's keep this on the strait and narrow.

I think you misunderstood him; in Brazil their $$ is called REAL...

And I guess they don't say REEL but RE-AL...

Robscorch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Robscorch » Mon May 09, 2016 10:23 am

Snap totally didn't think about that, but 100% correct. YES USD is not REAL currency lol. (BRL) on money market, but I kinda spend all my extra on electronic junk these days. Seems I don't have enough to do better than breaking even trading currencies myself. :despair:

I will say looks like its about .57 USD to 2.00 BRL and that's a serious ouch. :deadbanana:

For the record what's the correct pronounciation is it RE-AL as I have heard before or reel or even something slightly different?
I've got some stuff for sale check it out here
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face." Mike Tyson

listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Mon May 09, 2016 12:20 pm

I'd want my money back asap. I wouldn't even accept a shipment from AH if it magically turned up. He has been holding your money for a year, why would you still want to make business with him?

Bataserpa
Common Wiggler

Post by Bataserpa » Mon May 09, 2016 2:14 pm

Ok

Maybe my bad english is not helping at all.

REAL is the name of the money we use in Brazil, same as YEN in Japan, YUAN in China, EURO in some countries in Europe, etc. I never said USD is not a real currency. The closest pronunciation of REAL using english words will be something like "HE ALL".

Again, to make clear, i never said AH has something to do with bad situation in my country. I just said that if they did what were suppose to do in the right time(sent the modules last year) i would have less damage caused by their unprofessional and irresponsible attitude.

Just for the record, I am not trying to do business with AH anymore I am just trying to get what is mine by right! (money or modules).

They don't answer my emails, they don't pick up the phone (maybe because of call ID), Paypal can do nothing, i am miles away from their store. I don't have much options in this kind of situation.

Complain in this Forum (and hoping somebody from AH is reading here) is the only thing i can do for now (before take legal action).

I am sorry if this is topic in being repetitive and boring.
Last edited by Bataserpa on Fri May 13, 2016 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

listentoaheartbeat
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by listentoaheartbeat » Mon May 09, 2016 2:47 pm

Bataserpa wrote:Just for the record, I am not trying to do business with AH anymore I am just trying to get what is mine by right! (money or modules).
What I mean is, if you take the modules, you are essentially doing business with AH. So at this point, trying to get the money back seems like the better option.
Bataserpa wrote:They don't answer my emails, they don't pick up the phone (maybe because of call ID), Paypal can do nothing, i am miles away from their store. I don't have much options in this kind of situation.
Just call them from Skype or something. I'd try to call them every single day if I were you. And make very clear demands about my money.

dB4u
Common Wiggler

Post by dB4u » Thu May 12, 2016 6:53 pm

shawn has always been awesome to me and even asked to see a pic of my setup, he also had mentioned that he could price match competitors when I asked if they had any Black Friday deals. not sure if that meant price matching other Black Friday deals tho lol

Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon » Thu May 12, 2016 11:25 pm

I know nothing about what is actually happening here, but what I don't understand is how it is relevant if you've had good experiences with AH. I think that it's pretty rare that any store/seller, etc, has screwed over everyone.

This needs to be dealt with somehow.

has anyone here who claims to have gotten such great service actually contacted Shawn and brought this up? I mean, I haven't dealt with him very much in the last few years - do I have to do it?

This seems crazy to me.

Machariel
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Machariel » Sat May 14, 2016 2:49 am

I'm probably one of the few people here that has been to AH in person so I'll give you some feedback. It is quite disorganized, there are boxes of returned items littering the front office. They have a bit of a funny shipping process as well which involves two people doing a lot of yelling at each other. Quite amusing. Another interesting fact for some people out there is that AH occasionally goes dark for a few days (as in close up the shop), so that could explain shipping delays. Still, with all that I doubt their disorganization has anything to do with the issue.

Your only legal recourse is to file a claim in what is called "Small Claims Court" in the US. The court with jurisdiction would be the Los Angeles County Court system:

http://www.lacourt.org/online/smallclaims

You can file online, but of course you will have to appear in person on the court date. Beware however: 1) Likely he will not even show up to the court date, 2) don't expect this to help your case, in fact it will probably hurt it because then the judge has to do more legwork and it's more likely he will just ignore following up on the case, 3) even if you win, good luck getting paid, if he doesn't voluntarily pay you, you have a whole new process to go through (usually by placing a lien on any property he may own) to get paid and given the situation you may find it takes a very long time to see any money.

ehafh
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ehafh » Sat May 14, 2016 12:36 pm

you should have taken care of this within 45 days if you paid via paypal.
if you didn't you're at the mercy of the merchant.

denying a package is a terrible idea.
basically it gets sent back to the sender, and it does not qualify as a paypal item returned.
it does NOT adhere to their return policy.
you need to accept the package, and provide a new tracking number for the return.

the only problem i've had with analogue haven is getting no replies.

they also massively overcharge shipping imho.
minimum is $12.50 no matter what you order.
it actually says first class can be used for some shipments, but upon inquiry about this no reply.
they must just opt for the $3 shipping when they can and pocket the difference.
their website design is very poor and difficult to navigate, unless the item is on the first page.
so i just buy from other stores.

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Sun May 15, 2016 12:03 am

ym2612 wrote:
MindMachine wrote:They are not infallible that is for sure.

Once I had a fried module sent to them for repair to be forwarded on per the manufacturers request. The manufacturer returned it to AH who then sold it, forgetting whose it was. It had a modification to it so it was not a bog standard module.
I'm currently in the middle of a similar situation. The manufacturer in Europe had me send the module to AH for replacement, but so far I've heard no word from AH. This has been going on for over two months now, and I'm not sure what to do next.

Any luck for you?

Bob Borries
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Bob Borries » Tue May 17, 2016 1:04 pm

Been working with AH for a long time, no problems, fast and courteous, maybe overly package tapped, but better than too less.

mo_kaess
1-Post Wiggler

Post by mo_kaess » Wed May 18, 2016 2:07 pm

Machariel wrote:I'm probably one of the few people here that has been to AH in person so I'll give you some feedback. It is quite disorganized, there are boxes of returned items littering the front office. They have a bit of a funny shipping process as well which involves two people doing a lot of yelling at each other. Quite amusing. Another interesting fact for some people out there is that AH occasionally goes dark for a few days (as in close up the shop), so that could explain shipping delays. Still, with all that I doubt their disorganization has anything to do with the issue.
That explains my only experience with AH. It took them more than five weeks to dispatch my order. Though Shawn is responsive, things seem not going smoothly in AH back-end.

d.squintz
1-Post Wiggler

Post by d.squintz » Wed May 18, 2016 3:17 pm

Always have had great customer satisfaction when shopping at AH. Shawn has always been very helpful and very responsive. Bummer to to hear you're having troubles..

toothless_wonder
Wiggling with Experience

Post by toothless_wonder » Wed May 18, 2016 3:31 pm

AH and Shawn ,always on top of it , never had a problem , top notch store !!!

Faustgeist
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Faustgeist » Thu May 19, 2016 9:39 am

Hi Bataserpa,

I have been ordering from A. Haven for 90% of my eurorack needs and being here on the east coast of the USA - been lucky to never have a problem. AH's owner always emails me and is fast with his shipping.

I realize none of this helps your situation, alas.

Looking over my mess of modules I have a few spares sitting around. What are you seeking? Perhaps I could send one down to ya for free :)

Hope all is well,
~Robin
Seeking the esoteric and funky in 5U/COTK/MOTM and MODCAN B, send me a message if you are selling gear and thanks!

Bataserpa
Common Wiggler

Post by Bataserpa » Thu May 19, 2016 2:04 pm

Hi

Thanks everyone once again for help and share your past experiences with AH.

The situation still same, no money and no modules so far. I decide to give up about sue AH. This is the right thing to do, but i have to admit it will give much more headache than I already have. It is a complicated situation, specially because it seems many people did not have problems with the store. Sometimes i think it is a personal thing against me. I just can't see why.

Robin (Faustgeist) thanks a lot for you offer. I really appreciate that, but i would feel guilty to accept anything without a proper payment.

The only thing i have for sure is that i will never buy anything from AH again.

All the best

Gustavo

Dave Peck
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dave Peck » Thu May 19, 2016 2:31 pm

Does anyone know if the staff at AH are aware of this discussion thread?

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”