Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

breezy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by breezy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:42 pm

I've only ever ordered from AH once, and yes I may have had to do some prompting, but my opinion is that Shawn is one of the good guys in this world of not so good guys. He helped me out loads with getting some Macbeth stuff back to the UK. And the packaging is just art.

aqua2374
Common Wiggler

Post by aqua2374 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:35 pm

I purchase most of my big orders thru Analog Haven. Here's why...

GOOD - Shawn is fast, ships orders fast, packs items well. Typically responds to emails. Best stock in the euro world. Gets the job done.
Last edited by aqua2374 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sugarfree
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Sugarfree » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:43 pm

My experience with Shawn is that he's probably a good guy with terrible social skills. Not unusual for a geek.

aqua2374
Common Wiggler

Post by aqua2374 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:53 pm

I'm a social butterfly, I don't expect him to be what he's not. Doesn't mean I don't shop around though.
Last edited by aqua2374 on Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

lairdhenn
Learning to Wiggle

Post by lairdhenn » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:15 am

As my first post on this forum I have to say I read through this whole thread and was kind of captivated by the progression. To see people taking action to help out a stranger, as well as NOT going on an irrational witch-hunt/making it a good guy vs bad guy experience was pretty unique irt online communities. What a nice place. :love:

gonkulator
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by gonkulator » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:55 am

lairdhenn wrote:As my first post on this forum I have to say I read through this whole thread and was kind of captivated by the progression. To see people taking action to help out a stranger, as well as NOT going on an irrational witch-hunt/making it a good guy vs bad guy experience was pretty unique irt online communities. What a nice place. :love:
It's good that you recognized that right away. Welcome!
Racks
Solaris Site
Stuff for sale
Stuff for sale shown on Modulargrid
WTB: Black panels

Unflappably nonchalant, with some exceptions

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:01 am

aqua2374 wrote:
BAD - Emails are typically sort, if he responds, doesn't respond to all emails. Not very personable.

COMMENTS - I own my own business/in sales and I base all my success upon relationships. It's cheesy, but I like having a relationship with my vendors. I have one with Swithced On, but their stock isn't as good as AH. Wish I had it with AH.
I have a completely different experience with Shawn. He has often commented on my purchases, which has more often than not led to long email exchanges about gear and music and life in general. I'd say I've never felt I've had a more "personal" relationship (to the extent that that is possible via email) with a vendor more than with Shawn and Analogue Haven.

dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:13 pm

I've emailed a few times about stock and always got a response within an hour or two. He always follows up with a "your welcome" or mentioning about following up with a vendor. First purchase they called to verify it was me and my address.

So only have positive interactions with them.

Biom
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Biom » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Just recently had another fantastic experience with Shawn.

Not only did he respond super fast and positive, but also he provided the European power supply free of charge!
He also charged me $10 less for the shipping, not to mention it was packed the way we all know of him. Outstanding!

Can't be happy enough with my purchase

ranix

Post by ranix » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:36 pm

Shawn was great when I made a large purchase from him. I made an unusual order and prepaid like $1300, and he contacted me immediately to ask if I had made a mistake :lol:

Shipping was prompt and communication was pleasant

ProgScape
Learning to Wiggle

Post by ProgScape » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:07 pm

<obscurity>

Just as an FYI - if someone needs to make sure an @analoguehaven.com email address works (or if, for some reason, you think that your email to Shawn is not going through), you can email me directly (webmaster at analoguehaven dot com). I'll make sure Sean gets it. Can't guarantee a response, but I can make sure that it's in his inbox.

:)

</obscurity>
- mike, analoguehaven.com webmaster

williamjturkel
Wiggling with Experience

Post by williamjturkel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:23 am

ProgScape wrote:<obscurity>

Just as an FYI - if someone needs to make sure an @analoguehaven.com email address works (or if, for some reason, you think that your email to Shawn is not going through), you can email me directly (webmaster at analoguehaven dot com). I'll make sure Sean gets it. Can't guarantee a response, but I can make sure that it's in his inbox.

</obscurity>
I just sent a message to this email address and it bounced. :doh:

seamonkeyman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by seamonkeyman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Shawn has just been straight up fantastic with me. I've had stuff sent halfway around the world from AH, and when I was visiting LA he opened up the AH 'store' specially to meet me on the weekend, so I could pick stuff up & avoid the shipping.

I wouldn't just use them again, I'd lend the guy money/buy him a pint, he's A1. :bananaguitar:

williamjturkel
Wiggling with Experience

Post by williamjturkel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:33 pm

williamjturkel wrote:
ProgScape wrote:<obscurity>

</obscurity>
I just sent a message to this email address and it bounced. :doh:
To be fair, Shawn got back to me in a few hours.

snakejaw
Wiggling with Experience

Post by snakejaw » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:18 pm

I've had a consistently excellent experience purchasing from Shawn at Analoguehaven. It's where I've purchased the majority of my modules. No delays in shipping, although I always want it to show up yesterday. :w00t: The modules are well packed. I've never had a crunched module. AH usually has most modules in stock that listed on the site, which can be both a blessing and a curse. :moneyburn: Let's see...on the down side, I once asked Shawn if he could get an obscure Doepfer cable (the short orange one with a 90 deg jack at both ends). But he didn't get them in stock for a "long time", so I was forced to buy them from Schneidersladen (boo hoo). I also try to purchase from other dealers to spread the money around the community.

placebo92
Common Wiggler

Post by placebo92 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:17 am

sorted
Last edited by placebo92 on Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

quixot
Learning to Wiggle

Post by quixot » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Have personally found AH to be great...quick with shipping and responsive to questions. Have called before and he was cool about answering my questions.

Yodhan
Common Wiggler

Post by Yodhan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:13 am

I have only ordered from there once, but it went smooth and quick. No complaints here.
My rig: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/915223#
Behringer Neutron, Model D and Pro-1, Arturia Microbrute, Waldorf Blofeld, Volca FM, JV-1010, JV-880, Yamaha TX81z
Tascam 424mkii
Multiple rack reverb and effects units
Various effects pedals for modulation and dirt
MOTU 828mk3, MOTU 2408mk2, MOTU MTP AV x2
Ableton Suite 11

arthurdent
Ultra Wiggler

Post by arthurdent » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:23 am

Yodhan wrote:I have only ordered from there once, but it went smooth and quick. No complaints here.
Same here, I've only ordered from them once and I had no problems with that order. But I have sent them e-mails several times for general inquiry about things and never heard back from them.

But I can say the same thing about Detroit Modular. I've bought a LOT of stuff from them (I live in Ohio so shipping is faster and usually less expensive), never had any problems with the orders, and the two times I had problems with a module they were very responsive to get the items replaced. But they're poor on general inquiries. Several times over the last year, I was looking for an item that was listed as "out of stock", put my name on the notification list, but I never heard anything back from them even after I saw that the items were back in inventory. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, they're probably like a lot of other small vendors, they focus on what they see as the important/immediate stuff - orders, problems - and the lesser issues get lost in the stack.

slyfocks
Learning to Wiggle

Post by slyfocks » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:42 am

Only positive experiences from AH here.

digidandy
Veteran Wiggler

Post by digidandy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:45 am

I’ve only had positive experiences with AH, but recently email response has become very erratic. More or less given up on getting a response now, after waiting for a week. Really like them, so hopefully this is just a glitch.

Anyone else experiencing issues atm?
My latest release, including vinyl!

s.l.o.w
Wiggling with Experience

Post by s.l.o.w » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:44 pm

I've had good experiences with AH. I'm generally impatient, and on the east coast, so usually order from AH with expedited shipping, and will always get a call with pricing and to confirm. Although the website is, you know, not great, they have a lot of things in stock that others don't.

Re: e-mail responsiveness, I recently had an order that had one malfunctioning module. It did take one "reminder" e-mail on my end after the initial one to move things along, but Shawn put me in touch with the manufacturer, who sent out a replacement unit asap and all is good.

wbelote
Common Wiggler

Post by wbelote » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:23 pm

Sorry to say it, when I was spending tens of thousands of dollars with Shawn, he was friendly and attentive. When I needed a receipt so I could get support for an Arturia sequencer, it took him months and seemed like a giant hassle. Huge turn off! I like the guy, and was hugely disappointed that he would drag his feet on so simple a customer service task.
P. Willstar: Making electrons do their part.

huffnPuff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by huffnPuff » Mon May 21, 2018 3:48 am

Overseas customers, how long does it take AH to ship in your experience?

Daisuk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Daisuk » Mon May 21, 2018 4:07 am

huffnPuff wrote:Overseas customers, how long does it take AH to ship in your experience?
If the goods are in stock then usually a day or two after ordering.

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”