Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Electrolover
1-Post Wiggler

Re: Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?

Post by Electrolover »

Sorry, I think I was being too harsh. Although I stand by my previous statements, I also understand how personal, business, and life issues can sometimes overwhelm us all thus having an effect on those around us.
Last edited by Electrolover on Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATW
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ATW »

Good experiences, Shawn has been responsive and courteous. Fast & well-packed, straightforward. 👍
ᴍᴏᴅᴜʟᴀʀ ɢʀɪᴅ ⟡ 9U 168 + Palette + Pod ⟡ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ATW on SoundCloud
B0bcat
Veteran Wiggler

Post by B0bcat »

Not to invalidate your experience, but I’ve had nothing but positive inter- and transactions with Shawn.
WTB(US): Metasonix R-53, Blippoo Box
luketeaford
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by luketeaford »

Same here: no complaints about Analogue Haven.
Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Rex Coil 7 »

luketeaford wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:06 pm Same here: no complaints about Analogue Haven.
:agree: :stardance:
5U SEMI-MODULAR PERFORMANCE SYNTH NORMALIZING PROJECT
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=
BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug »

I've had great service at AH. A couple months ago I was trying to track down a used item and Shawn seemed a bit overwhelmed. That's common now for anybody running a business, coping with pandemic linked staff issues, supply chain, etc.

Separately, I have been dealing with a problem with a module. That discussion was not going particularly well but we kept communicating and I think this may be resolved soon. So be a little patient, hope for the best, etc. etc.
:nana: "The world's most sophisticated tripod has deployed" NASA
SunSpots
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SunSpots »

A+++ for Shawn. Excellent packaging, fast shipping, highly responsive.
In fact, he engaged with me on a totally sidenote to the order and took the time to send me a very lengthy email he knew with information he knew I was trying to get out of him. He DID NOT have to do that, but he did it and I really appreciate that.

I've probably bought 20 modules or more from AH. I'd probably be buying more but a lot of the shelves are empty!
WTB: black on all these.... rabid elephants natural gate, Polygogo , vult freak, patching panda vibrazum v2, can be silver intellijel 1u quad att, 1u steppy, 1u ornament and crime, 1u pique, 1u plumber, 1u plum audio buffered mult.
SunSpots
texturerama
Wiggling with Experience

Post by texturerama »

Yeah, I have nothing but good things to say about Shawn! I've never regretted from buying from AH!
modeland
Common Wiggler

Post by modeland »

Same. Great communication. I mainly contacted him about trading in modules and he's always been very responsive and courteous.
There is no theory. You merely have to listen. - Claude Debussy
Scatre
Common Wiggler

Post by Scatre »

Been buying from Shawn since 2007 and have always had good experiences. Also, nobody securely tapes up a package like AH
Thorsday
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Thorsday »

Shawn is so meticulous. One of the best in the biz. I don't know of any retailer that personally tests every module before shipping it out. And Shawn packs every order himself. 99% of the other retailers pay a minimum wage worker to do that arguably most important part.

I can see why this thread exists, though. Let me just say, personalities are a factor in communication... One must understand who they are talking to and how that person communicates, or, prefers to be communicated with. Don't be a bull in vachina shop. Going that way through life is foolish.
jimfowler
Ultra Wiggler

Post by jimfowler »

I’ve spent many a dollar with Shawn and can’t recommend many folks any higher.
ATW
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ATW »

Related-ish: I was listening to Why We Bleep podcast, and according to Tony, AH became Make Noise’s first big vendor when Shawn ordered 50 moddemods. It’s cool to hear stories like this.
KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS »

Thorsday wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:41 pm I can see why this thread exists, though. Let me just say, personalities are a factor in communication... One must understand who they are talking to and how that person communicates, or, prefers to be communicated with. Don't be a bull in vachina shop. Going that way through life is foolish.
:tu:
KSS
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by KSS »

ATW wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:38 pm Related-ish: I was listening to Why We Bleep podcast, and according to Tony, AH became Make Noise’s first big vendor when Shawn ordered 50 moddemods. It’s cool to hear stories like this.
There are literally dozens of other makers who can make the same claim. If you want to know how Eurorack exploded into the huge marketplace it is today, you'd be hard pressed to find *anyone* more instrumental in that growth than Shawn and AH. He is *the* reason so many Eurorack makers and modules exist today. Even if he didn't work with all of them, he grew the market with his behind the scenes funding in ways that simply can't be over-emphasized.
Treat utility modules as stars instead of backup singers.
Treat power supplies like Rockstars instead of roadies!
Chase magic sound, not magic parts.
Spectra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Spectra »

Never bought from AH and probably never will. Don't like the website. Contacted AH once regarding a product they sell. It took a couple days to respond with incorrect information. Looks his business will continue to do just fine without mine.
SynapseCollapse
Common Wiggler

Post by SynapseCollapse »

I’ve been buying synthesizers on the internet since 2007 and have had nothing but pleasant interactions with Shawn / AH. Truly a shining star of the US modular / synth community in my eyes.
mixxalot
Veteran Wiggler

Post by mixxalot »

I’ve only bought a few modules from Shawn at AH but he has been pleasant to deal with, answered my questions and fast shipping. I usually buy the hard to find stuff from him like Happy Nerding modules.
mmelnick
No melody, no harmony

Post by mmelnick »

Never had any issues with AH at all and he packs stuff so good a tank could run over it and it would be intact
matthewmelnick.com
metrono.me
bloodofazombie.com
darksidenyc.com
myworld.ebay.com/brooklyn_collectables
BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by BananaPlug »

Hey folks, just want clarify my post from 11/21.
The second part (starting with “Separately”) is NOT related to Analogue Haven.
:nana: "The world's most sophisticated tripod has deployed" NASA
Spectra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Spectra »

I decided to contradict myself and do some shopping at Analogue Haven. Mostly to experience the tremendous packing job that people rave about. :razz:

Sadly, this boutique business is closed from December 23 to January 17. So I had to order from Perfect Circuit again. :hmm:
texturerama
Wiggling with Experience

Post by texturerama »

ATW wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:38 pm Related-ish: I was listening to Why We Bleep podcast, and according to Tony, AH became Make Noise’s first big vendor when Shawn ordered 50 moddemods. It’s cool to hear stories like this.
If I remember correctly, in his Art and Tech podcast interview, Scott Jaeger mentions that it was Shawn who made the introductions that led to the harvestman editions of the polivoks stuff.

Felt a little star struck and embarrassed for asking Shawn such elementary questions about synths hahaha
seamonkeyman
Wiggling with Experience

Post by seamonkeyman »

Edit - realised I’d replied to this thread 3 years ago! :eek:
ATW
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by ATW »

texturerama wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 5:51 pm
If I remember correctly, in his Art and Tech podcast interview, Scott Jaeger mentions that it was Shawn who made the introductions that led to the harvestman editions of the polivoks stuff.

Felt a little star struck and embarrassed for asking Shawn such elementary questions about synths hahaha
Oh thx for the heads up, will check this episode out.

Yeah…in hindsight I feel a bit silly for sending him multiple emails awhile back about whether the FX aid was back in stock ;)

On another positive note, I ordered a module from AH a few weeks ago and it arrived 48 hours later, packed in its usual bulletproof style.
edgar67
Common Wiggler

Post by edgar67 »

I ordered a Harvestman Double Andore from A.H. a couple years ago. It shipped quickly and the packing was expertly done. When I had various questions about modules Shawn was always super responsive. Recently after asking Shawn about a Gray Scale faceplate for a used Mysteron that I was considering buying despite it's elevated asking price, he mentioned he could sell me his demo module of that synth at a much lower price (less than retail instead of twice!) Since it was a demo unit he needed some time to test it thoroughly and send me photos. I was chomping on the bit to buy it but he was careful to make sure everything was perfect. It ended up taking a few weeks before he could sell and ship it to me, but when he did I knew everything was right. From what I gather he is extremely busy running his business, taking orders, shipping modules out, etc., and with the economy downturn he has to run a tighter ship than ever. It sounds like he has maybe one employee? I don't know when Shawn started his business, but it seems that he has a long track record of caring about his customers.

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”