Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?

Anything modular synth related that is not format specific.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

pricklyrobot
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?

Post by pricklyrobot »

Dude is a synthesizer shop, not an ER doctor.

Nothing other than minor inconvenience is going to result from him taking a few weeks off.

AH may seem less relevant in today’s more saturated modular landscape. But they still stock some things not easily found elsewhere. Just scored a Bugcrusher Pedal Kit (not to be found anywhere else Google could dig up) recently. It arrived in a timely fashion. No complaints.
SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron »

lol, remember when we had to wait YEARS in some cases for modules to be delivered from unreliable manufacturers before the retail modular pioneers like AH came around? People are really complaining about someone taking a few weeks off after the holiday season and two years of record sales and working their ass off due to all that stimulus money?
Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon »

Spectra wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:08 pm
Nelson Baboon wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:46 pm
Spectra wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:39 pm And I don't understand Shawn apologists.
What am I and others apologizing for?
The way Analogue Haven runs their business is what the apologizing was about. Like your feelings are hurt because I said something negative against a favorite shop of veteran wigglers. So naturally people become defensive. It's called tribalism. You are clearly on team Shawn. :yay:
wtf? this is kind of crazy.
dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 »

Nelson Baboon wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:43 pm
Spectra wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:08 pm
Nelson Baboon wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:46 pm
Spectra wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:39 pm And I don't understand Shawn apologists.
What am I and others apologizing for?
The way Analogue Haven runs their business is what the apologizing was about. Like your feelings are hurt because I said something negative against a favorite shop of veteran wigglers. So naturally people become defensive. It's called tribalism. You are clearly on team Shawn. :yay:
wtf? this is kind of crazy.
dude always seems to be antagonistic, been meaning to hit the mute button for a few weeks.
Pelsea
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Pelsea »

Well, I’d say the customers certainly care about Shawn.
Books and tutorials on modular synthesis at http://peterelsea.com
Patch responsibly.
pqe
kriskeyman
Common Wiggler

Post by kriskeyman »

I have had nothing but positive interactions with Analogue Haven & Shawn. He has made every transaction feel like a personal exchange and has quickly replied to all my emails. So what if the guy takes a few weeks off... it's a store & stores are allowed to close for a period of time. Part of owning a business is having that flexibility & control, knowing that he might miss out on some sales during that time... but that's part of the gig
pines
Common Wiggler

Post by pines »

All of my interactions with AH have been professional and positive. People need time off to stay that way.
chaosium
Wiggling with Experience

Post by chaosium »

Spectra wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:08 pm It's called tribalism. You are clearly on team Shawn. :yay:
What you're indicating here is
You're on a tribe because I see you as a different class of human being from myself
There's no need to project how you see others onto us because you feel entitled to have a business at your beck and call and are pouting because you are not the priority of someone else's existence. Sometimes our priorities differ from yours, and that's ok. There's literally a world's worth of modular shops to frequent if you wanted.
pines wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:21 pm All of my interactions with AH have been professional and positive. People need time off to stay that way.
Hell, time off from the internet would universally help mental health :)
Spectra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Spectra »

Well, you're wrong about that and have wasted my time by notifying me of this nonsense cope speech.
arthurdent
Ultra Wiggler

Post by arthurdent »

Spectra wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:02 pm Well, you're wrong about that and have wasted my time by notifying me of this nonsense cope speech.
DUNNO, but IMO, this guy is starting to sound like Panason....
Spectra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Spectra »

Wrong again. You guys are pretty good at being wrong.
onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon »

All of these troubles would be resolved if they just sold their business to Amazon. Finally people could get their gear delivered on Sundays!
I slapped butter all over keys, knobs, cords, smeared screens with Coleslaw, pelted with Reese's Pieces, broke a Twix in half, stuck in... and after... I swung them all over above my head, pirouetted on their corners on top of a shaky rattan diner table spun like tops, but made sure nothing dropped. Toasted coconut n tested for salmonella were found in surprising places weeks after. I had so much fun.
Dyst
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Dyst »

Just read through this thread. I've never ordered from Analoguehaven but wanted to say how awesome it was to see the community help to get this resolved. Nelson Baboon and listentoaheartbeat..you two are great for getting involved proactively to make sure it was handled. glad the story got a happy ending.
pricklyrobot
Veteran Wiggler

Post by pricklyrobot »

Spectra wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:20 pm Wrong again. You guys are pretty good at being wrong.

And you’re pretty good at being arbitrarily antagonistic for no apparent reason, as long as we’re offering up unsolicited diagnoses…
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dubonaire »

arthurdent wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:15 pm
Spectra wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:02 pm Well, you're wrong about that and have wasted my time by notifying me of this nonsense cope speech.
DUNNO, but IMO, this guy is starting to sound like Panason....
Could be, although I thought Panason had some redeeming qualities.
Spectra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Spectra »

This is really boring me. The hive mind is lashing out in petty ways.
SynthBaron
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by SynthBaron »

onthebandwagon wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:22 pm All of these troubles would be resolved if they just sold their business to Amazon. Finally people could get their gear delivered on Sundays!
Modules thrown into a bubble envelope and half chance of them arriving smashed. But hey, at least the warehouse has an uplifting work atmosphere.

amaz.png
dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by dooj88 »

meh, nevermind. not worth it.

shawn is awesome, bought from him many times. my #2 shop after ctrl.
SynthBaron wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:29 pm
onthebandwagon wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:22 pm All of these troubles would be resolved if they just sold their business to Amazon. Finally people could get their gear delivered on Sundays!
Modules thrown into a bubble envelope and half chance of them arriving smashed. But hey, at least the warehouse has an uplifting work atmosphere.

amaz.png
wow, i've seen some crazy shit in this thread, but that's up there.
chaosium
Wiggling with Experience

Post by chaosium »

You forgot to call me a "cuck NPC SJW" if we're rattling through sadlad catchphrases.
Spectra wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:18 pm This is really boring me. The hive mind is lashing out in petty ways.
You could also not be such an outrage junkie :)

It'd be a happier life, promise!
Spectra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Spectra »

If you had 10th grade level reading comprehension, you wouldn't have made those comments, young man. Nice meme tho? Are you even old enough to Wiggle?
Spectra
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Spectra »

And since the whiny hivemind here is so pro AH for cult like reasons, I'm definitely scratching that vendor off my list. All because of his fanboys. Great job guys!
Zymos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Zymos »

Keep at it, only another post or 2 and you will have won this thread!!!
chaosium
Wiggling with Experience

Post by chaosium »

Spectra wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:29 pm And since the whiny hivemind here is so pro AH for cult like reasons, I'm definitely scratching that vendor off my list. All because of his fanboys. Great job guys!
You already said you weren't going to buy from AH, why would any of us care about further juvenile insult lobbing, bad faith argumentation and trying so very hard to get people to take sides in a “me versus you all” tribalism?

It’s just stuff, not an identity or a personality.

Shop with who you prefer!
Last edited by chaosium on Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
onthebandwagon
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by onthebandwagon »

dooj88 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:17 pm meh, nevermind. not worth it.

shawn is awesome, bought from him many times. my #2 shop after ctrl.
SynthBaron wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:29 pm

amaz.png
wow, i've seen some crazy shit in this thread, but that's up there.
Not sure if it wasn't apparent but I was being sarcastic.
I slapped butter all over keys, knobs, cords, smeared screens with Coleslaw, pelted with Reese's Pieces, broke a Twix in half, stuck in... and after... I swung them all over above my head, pirouetted on their corners on top of a shaky rattan diner table spun like tops, but made sure nothing dropped. Toasted coconut n tested for salmonella were found in surprising places weeks after. I had so much fun.
Barm Cake
Common Wiggler

Post by Barm Cake »

Spectra wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:29 pm And since the whiny hivemind here is so pro AH for cult like reasons, I'm definitely scratching that vendor off my list. All because of his fanboys. Great job guys!
So would you recommend AH then?

Return to “Modular Synth General Discussion”