New Resource coming- Mouser BOMs for Synth modules

Discussion and support for users and builders of Oakley Sound musical products.

Moderators: Kent, Synthbuilder

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Revised links- Oakley Mouser BOMs

Post by synthcube » Wed May 23, 2012 11:53 pm

So for reasons I will never understand, when I paste the links into the forum, it inserts random spaces in the link reference, so mouser does not recognize the identifier. I have attached the source .xls file with the links to this post, and it should work.
Attachments
mouserlinks.xls
(31 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

jbi
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jbi » Thu May 24, 2012 3:09 pm

I played around with Excel for BOMs for my Oakley modules. Rather than tie into one supplier, I described the components in a generic way then added worksheets for Farnell and Rapid in the UK which mapped the generic component name to their part numbers. Using Excel's lookup commands I could then create BOMs for both suppliers.

If the components were described in such a generic way, then with help from Muff's members, BOMs for different suppliers both in the US and UK could be created.

Just a thought,
John

lysander
Wiggling with Experience

Post by lysander » Fri May 25, 2012 9:21 am

jbi wrote:I played around with Excel for BOMs for my Oakley modules. Rather than tie into one supplier, I described the components in a generic way then added worksheets for Farnell and Rapid in the UK which mapped the generic component name to their part numbers. Using Excel's lookup commands I could then create BOMs for both suppliers.

If the components were described in such a generic way, then with help from Muff's members, BOMs for different suppliers both in the US and UK could be created.

Just a thought,
John
Is this something that you'd be willing to share ?
I have been doing my BOMs in excel too but stopped short of something that industrial for lack of time.
Your solution sounds quite ideal.

jbi
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jbi » Sat May 26, 2012 2:40 am

I posted a version onto Muff's las year. Do a search on Excel and jbi and it pulls up the thread on parts lists. You can download the spreadsheet from there. There is an Excel lookup command in the programming language which allows you to lookup cells based on some text. I used this command to populate a column with Rapid and Farnell part numbers based on the generic part name. I used Tony's parts list document as a starting point for the generic names to part number correlations.

I haven't updated the spreadsheet recently but could explain the programming if you have a problem. Maybe we could get Tony to publish all the parts in a spreadsheet then we could hack those to generate whatever supplier's BOM we needed.

Good luck,
John

lysander
Wiggling with Experience

Post by lysander » Sat May 26, 2012 4:37 am

jbi wrote:I posted a version onto Muff's las year. Do a search on Excel and jbi and it pulls up the thread on parts lists. You can download the spreadsheet from there. There is an Excel lookup command in the programming language which allows you to lookup cells based on some text. I used this command to populate a column with Rapid and Farnell part numbers based on the generic part name. I used Tony's parts list document as a starting point for the generic names to part number correlations.

I haven't updated the spreadsheet recently but could explain the programming if you have a problem. Maybe we could get Tony to publish all the parts in a spreadsheet then we could hack those to generate whatever supplier's BOM we needed.

Good luck,
John
Great, will have a look !
I should be OK with it, I use excel quite a lot for work and have a love hate relationship with it :)

jbi
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jbi » Sat May 26, 2012 10:24 am

Don't we all :-) I've learned things about Excel that no sane person should know.
John

synthcube
you will be assimilated

Full set of Oakley BOMs converted to Mouser project links

Post by synthcube » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:27 am

With thanks to Tony for the designs and gtxdude for the source BOMS:
Attachments
mouserlinks.xls
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

elsound77
Learning to Wiggle

Re: New Resource coming- Mouser BOMs for Synth modules

Post by elsound77 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:16 am

Hello word, I fall in love with the sound of the Oakley coat vcf someone has the bom for the eurorack version please?
http://www.oakleysound.com/COTA-e.htm

Return to “Oakley Sound Systems”