Voting open for your top 3 tracks in our Odd Meter Remix/ReMangle/Reimagine Challenge

Prizes generously donated by:
ADDAC System (Eurorack 3U)
Endorphin.es (Eurorack 3U)
Fred's Lab (DIY Paraphonic Synth)
Northern Light Modular (Buchla-format h-series OR Eurorack3U)
Rattly and Raw (Wiggler Approved Kontakt Instrument)
Studio.h (Buchla-format 4U)

Get your vote on and free 42 minute modular playlist for your listening pleasure.

A completed eurorack Dual VCO

Discussion and support for users and builders of Oakley Sound musical products.

Moderators: Kent, Synthbuilder

waldenpotato
Wiggling with Experience

A completed eurorack Dual VCO

Post by waldenpotato » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:20 pm

I just finished this dual vco.

IMG_3888.jpg
IMG_3890.jpg
IMG_3889.jpg

waldenpotato
Wiggling with Experience

Re: A completed eurorack Dual VCO

Post by waldenpotato » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:58 pm

An update:

I just started the calibration process. So far these have been my favorite VCOs to calibrate - I have a couple of other branded VCOs. Having the TUN1 and SCL1 trimmers is really nice. This allows you to calibrate the 1v/oct settings without needing to fiddle with the front panel. I really enjoy not having to fiddle with the front panel while calibrating 1v/oct settings.

Also, from the builder's guide, I found this bit to be really helpful. I have never read or heard this before and sometimes have had a difficult time jumping back and forth between octaves while calibrating:
For any interval, if you find the higher note is flat, then turn the SCL1 trimmer to make it flatter still. This actually reduces the range between the two notes. Conversely, if you find your interval is bigger than it should be, turn the trimmer to make the top note even higher. I always adjust SCL on the high note of any interval, and only adjust the TUN1 trimmer on the lower.
Instead of adjusting the SCL1 trimmer in an attempt to get closer to the correct interval, it's actually easier to do the opposite. I didn't know this! This tidbit along with not having the fiddle with the front panel knobs has made these my favorite oscillators.

Return to “Oakley Sound Systems”