Disting 4 feature request

Discussion and support for Expert Sleepers' Silent Way software and hardware.

Moderators: Kent, os

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Disting 4 feature request

Post by LDT » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:36 am

Hi Os!
I really like F5 Shift Register Random CVs. However there is one thing that I have always found limiting and a bit odd:
When Length is set to 1, the "sequence" that is output has a length of 2. If Length is 2, the output lenght is 4, and so on. Problem is, that all the lovely odd lengths are missing because of the x2 factor. One can not make a lenght of e.g. 3,5 or 7. (Hell, even a lenght of 1 step could be useful.)

I am hoping🙏🏻 that we could have a parameter to switch the behaviour from the current one, to a new behaviour where the set Lenght would be equal to the actual number of steps to be output. (Would probably make sense to include this in the other Shift Register algos as well.)

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Disting 4 feature request

Post by os » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:44 am

That doesn't sound right. Are you perhaps using a negative randomness, which effectively doubles the length?

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Post by LDT » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:53 am

Omg, I have always thought that turning the random knob did the same in both directions. :doh: So I have for some reason always been turning it to the left. Now I see that turning it to the right gives me exactly what I want. Yay! :-D

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:54 am

:party:

LDT
The Modu-Lars

Post by LDT » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:04 am

I have now read the manual one more time, and while I see that it mentions the 0% chance of flip VS 100%, there is really nothing there that tells you about the consequence for pattern lenght, if one goes to the left with Z. (Perhaps it is well understood for someone who had shift registers for lullabys, but for a less technical person... well, the above is how it went. :hihi: )

os
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by os » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:09 am

You're right. I'll add something.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”