Best FM synth ?

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford

Carl A
Common Wiggler

Re: Best FM synth ?

Post by Carl A »

+1 FM-8, deep rabbit hole but it is superb and unmatched imo.
gkillmaster
Common Wiggler

Post by gkillmaster »

gkillmaster wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:55 am
dropthedyle wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:22 am If you are an Ableton Live user, check the Fors FM synths, simple design and lot of FM (and PM) fun (https://fors.fm)
wow, thanks. Never heard of them. Ambidextrous Synthesizer from them looks intriguing.
I really appreciate this recommendation. These are so much better than they might first appear. Amazing and I think I'm going to pick up one of the sets.
gkillmaster
Common Wiggler

Post by gkillmaster »

Carl A wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:18 am +1 FM-8, deep rabbit hole but it is superb and unmatched imo.
Yeh, I think I agree. I keep coming back to it. Seems so logical and straight forward and extensive!
corex
scare the dog!

Post by corex »

I bought Phase Plant during a recent sale, and I've been really happy with it. I like that you can apply FM or PM (or both) to the wavetable oscillator and sampler as well. The modular approach and modulation options are really powerful.

I've used FM8 since it was FM7, and it's great but the modulation routing is really limited in comparison.
Dilibob
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Dilibob »

I use vcvrack 2 a lot now for this, has every option I need and in poly. Mirack isnt the best, but has a very good set of basic fm modules to learn the concepts. [ i btw have fm-8, but tend not to use it because I find vcvrack 2 easier to use & integrate with the other eurorack stuff).

Return to “Music Software”