Bespoke Synth

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

khyber
Veteran Wiggler

Bespoke Synth

Post by khyber » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:34 pm

https://www.bespokesynth.com/
Bespoke is a software modular synthesizer. It contains a bunch of modules, which you can connect together to create sounds.

Bespoke is like a DAW* in some ways, but with less of a focus on a global timeline. Instead, it has a design more optimized for jamming and exploration.

Bespoke is a project I started in 2011 as a way for me to learn more about creating music. Instead of putting in the time to learn the intricacies of an existing DAW, I took on a foolhardy exercise to try to build my own. The software is custom built by me and for me, hence the name "Bespoke".

Bespoke's core design is to break everything into separate modules that can be patched together in a custom layout, much like a hardware modular. Bespoke is designed to be highly customizable, with the idea that any of the custom layouts that you create will be "bespoke" to you as well.

In a way, Bespoke is like if I smashed Ableton to bits with a baseball bat, and asked you to put it back together.

plainofjars
Common Wiggler

Re: Bespoke Synth

Post by plainofjars » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:19 pm

Holy shit. Thank you..

dsant
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dsant » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:38 pm

Was introduced this with Ben Jordans video and had to try it. It feels like it VCV rack was fleshed out in the vision of an actual DAW. One thing to note is that, if you're coming from hardware, everything is named differently/strangely. I can't remember whose video it was, but another YouTuber pointed out to me that the creator has basically no experience with hardware modular. But the program is still a fantastic labor of love.

nikoi
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nikoi » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:41 pm

Is someone experiencing crashes when you try to load a savestate .bsk?

Return to “Music Software”