Sonic Potions LXR Drum Synthesizer

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, Joe., luketeaford

citizensmurf
Common Wiggler

Re: Sonic Potions LXR Drum Synthesizer

Post by citizensmurf »

Dibek wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:48 pm As far as I know 60Knobs is supposed to work with the original firmware and so it leads to problems when used with Brendan‘s firmware.

Does anyone know where to order lightpipes for the erica metalcase, mine came without them.

Thanks!
You don't need them anymore, solder the leds to be flush or just prowed of the case. I believe the latest build guide refers to this.
Dibek
Common Wiggler

Post by Dibek »

citizensmurf wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:39 pm
Dibek wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:48 pm As far as I know 60Knobs is supposed to work with the original firmware and so it leads to problems when used with Brendan‘s firmware.

Does anyone know where to order lightpipes for the erica metalcase, mine came without them.

Thanks!
You don't need them anymore, solder the leds to be flush or just prowed of the case. I believe the latest build guide refers to this.
Thanks, i bought it prebuilt with an acrylic case and transitioned to the metal case, i‘d rather not replace all LEDs, I’m not good with diy. :)
Altitude909
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Altitude909 »

Mouser has the right parts
FungusCavern
Learning to Wiggle

Post by FungusCavern »

Hi all, sorry for this being my first post here.
I recently completed my build of the LXR kit, but I am having issues updating to the 0.37 firmware. I used the SD card image supplied on the LXR wiki and it runs fine with no errors, but the firmware on there is 0.21. When I try to swap the old 'FIRMWARE.BIN' to the newer 0.37 one and try updating to it, it always gives me a "kit read error".
Any idea on how to solve this issue?
Don't go to art school like I did
FungusCavern
Learning to Wiggle

Post by FungusCavern »

Quick update: "kit read error" issue solved thanks to Julian's assistance.
If anyone else runs into this problem, when you unzip SdCardImage on your SD card make sure to move all files from the unzipped folder to the SD card's root directory/folder.
I misinterpreted to directions on the quickstart guide so all the fault is mine. A very silly mistake lol
Same thing goes for using the Brendan Clarke firmware.
Everything works great now, however I have another issue now where user samples play back as noise. Not too big of a deal since I'd rather focus on the LXR's synthesis capabilities.
Don't go to art school like I did
OrionG
Learning to Wiggle

Post by OrionG »

With the bc firmware, if my lxr is externally midi sync’d, and i change the ‘wav’ on the oscillator page, my unit freezes. Does this happen to anyone else?
MoyaMoya
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MoyaMoya »

My unit will freeze with the BC firmware and original Firmware after about an hour of use. Typically this happens when a have 4 or 5 sequences going and am making use of the morph function.
Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon »

fyi, i have an lxr with both the regular and alternative firmware, and also the bastl controller that was built for me. Keep on meaning to put it up for sale, but haven't because i remember that a few of the buttons on the lxr had to be pressed more than once to work (was told this was a common 'feature').

in any case - feel free to ping me about these. I just don't have a clear idea yet as to how much, haven't tested it, etc, etc.
Slopstream
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Slopstream »

hiya,

bought a used LXR which I recieved a couple of days ago. lovely sounding machine!

having some trouble with the trigger outs, the only gate that gives a signal is the bass drum (voice/gate 1). I get no triggers from clock 1,2 or cv out 2-7 even though corresponding tracks are active and playing ... any ideas of how this could be solved?

I checked the trigger circuit board, and it looks OK - but i'm no expert. can post pictures if anyone want to give it a shot.
paperCUT
Ultra Wiggler

Post by paperCUT »

Slopstream wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:00 pm hiya,

bought a used LXR which I recieved a couple of days ago. lovely sounding machine!

having some trouble with the trigger outs, the only gate that gives a signal is the bass drum (voice/gate 1). I get no triggers from clock 1,2 or cv out 2-7 even though corresponding tracks are active and playing ... any ideas of how this could be solved?

I checked the trigger circuit board, and it looks OK - but i'm no expert. can post pictures if anyone want to give it a shot.
It been a while since I opened mine but might be a loose ribbon connector to the trigger PCB.
Slopstream
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Slopstream »

thanks for the tip, tried refastening the ribbon connector, but no change :—(
MoyaMoya
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MoyaMoya »

The trigger outputs can be configured to either S-trig or V-trig.. perhaps the previous owner set them up to different configurations?
and they do not match your needs?

Have you tried measuring with a volt meter to see what they are outputting?

Try posting a nice high quality picture
leterell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by leterell »

Slopstream wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:00 pm hiya,

Sounds like the unit i built like 7 years ago and sold maybe 2019... Couldn't find any fault with anything and gave up after a couple hours since i didn't need that feature at the time.
looking for a STORAGE STRIP for my D0!
Slopstream
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Slopstream »

here's a pic of the board:
photo_2021-05-04_18-28-31.jpg
photo_2021-05-04_18-28-34.jpg
haven't had the opportunity yet to check with a volt meter, I'll do that asap!
leterell wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:13 am Sounds like the unit i built like 7 years ago and sold maybe 2019... Couldn't find any fault with anything and gave up after a couple hours since i didn't need that feature at the time.
oh, could that be? I bought from someone in scotland, he said he mainly used the midi out and didn't have any experience with the cv triggers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Altitude909
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Altitude909 »

your jumpers are missing for most of the channels. You dont need to stuff the parts for the side youre not using but the jumpers have to be there
leterell
Wiggling with Experience

Post by leterell »

Slopstream wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:38 am oh, could that be? I bought from someone in scotland, he said he mainly used the midi out and didn't have any experience with the cv triggers.
man, that really looks like my sloppy ass soldering on those boards. I'd bet :75: you could find my fingerprints all over that flux :hihi:

reminds me i have to start washing the boards after soldering. but the next time I'll have time to take on a project like this will be when I'm retired... ...which is when I'll build that LXR kit i have on the shelf :oops:
Altitude909 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:26 am your jumpers are missing for most of the channels. You dont need to stuff the parts for the side youre not using but the jumpers have to be there
that would be exactly something I'd miss. i have a vague recollection of having a bunch of jumpers i found at some point, unsure where they came from. really nice if you'd get my unit working with such an easy fix!
looking for a STORAGE STRIP for my D0!
Altitude909
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Altitude909 »

OrionG
Learning to Wiggle

Post by OrionG »

OrionG wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:44 pm With the bc firmware, if my lxr is externally midi sync’d, and i change the ‘wav’ on the oscillator page, my unit freezes. Does this happen to anyone else?
Update.i had downloaded and installed a pack called “tr patches for lxr” (bjorn fogelnergs pack). Turns out some of the files were corrupt and causing my lxr to freeze. Since removing them i haven’t had a crash (fingers crossed).
CrankSatori
Common Wiggler

Post by CrankSatori »

Anyone have a copy of the most recent firmware for the LXR? I had LXR-OWL installed for years and want to revert to the Sonic Potions firmware if possible, but most of the links for firmware on the Sonic Potions site seem to be dead, and the latest I could download there was v0.21. Anybody happen to have v0.37 or know where I can find it? Not having a lot of luck tracking it down so far..
bassg
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bassg »

CrankSatori wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:03 am Anyone have a copy of the most recent firmware for the LXR? I had LXR-OWL installed for years and want to revert to the Sonic Potions firmware if possible, but most of the links for firmware on the Sonic Potions site seem to be dead, and the latest I could download there was v0.21. Anybody happen to have v0.37 or know where I can find it? Not having a lot of luck tracking it down so far..
Perhaps here? -> https://github.com/SonicPotions/LXR
There's a "firmware image 0.37" bin file, but I am not sure if it's what you're looking for.
CrankSatori
Common Wiggler

Post by CrankSatori »

bassg wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:46 am Perhaps here? -> https://github.com/SonicPotions/LXR
There's a "firmware image 0.37" bin file, but I am not sure if it's what you're looking for.
Just installed, that's it! How I missed that there's a github! SMDH
Thank you! That helps a lot!
bassg
Learning to Wiggle

Post by bassg »

CrankSatori wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:11 am
bassg wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:46 am Perhaps here? -> https://github.com/SonicPotions/LXR
Just installed, that's it! How I missed that there's a github! SMDH
Thank you! That helps a lot!
You're most welcome! I am glad to hear it helped.

Return to “General Gear”