What new booty did you buy?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
thevegasnerve
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1328
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by thevegasnerve » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:59 am

Soma Lyra 8. wow, what an interesting instrument. adds all sort of unexpected sounds that are so fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1806
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:17 am
Location: Paris
Contact:

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by Tumulishroomaroom » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:48 pm

Image


Mini summer setup, preparing the basis for a live set to play along the modular.

sounds like this
instagram
Youtube : long-form module demos
dc11 - Pulse Outputs 5 tracks ep on Unknown Movement

User avatar
soup
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 732
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:14 pm

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by soup » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:08 pm

IMG_1334.jpg
:miley:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
induktor
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:13 pm
Location: Santa Cruz, CA

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by induktor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:20 pm

soup wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:08 pm
IMG_1334.jpg
:miley:
Noice!

User avatar
syzygywell
aligned wiggler
Posts: 1719
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:26 pm
Location: Sasquatch territory

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by syzygywell » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:40 pm

I'm having an existential crisis so I bought a Polyend Tracker to take to work with me since I've had to go back to the office full time.
It's been a long time since someone wrote a really good book in jail.

https://www.instagram.com/instrumentsofflight/

User avatar
jsleeio
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1448
Joined: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by jsleeio » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:17 am

Basic woodwork hand-tools.
Zap him again! ZAP THE SONOFABITCH AGAIN!

User avatar
strettara
which way is up?
Posts: 7416
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am
Location: das Land der eisernen Wurst

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by strettara » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:30 am

Just got a couple of Manhasset n.53 tabletop music stands. This means I can place the music closer to me on top of the VPC1, which is good for my old eyes, and if I need be I can put two side by side for a total 106 cm of music desk so I can work on pieces up to 5 pages without losing my mind. Manhasset makes the best stands I've come across so far. I also have their 80 cm wide Four Square stand for playing the recorder - again, four pages side by side without difficulty. Really solid, well made stands.
“It must be abstract. It must change. It must give pleasure."
"Nothing is possible outside DoReMi."


User avatar
thevegasnerve
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1328
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by thevegasnerve » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:10 am

strettara wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:30 am
Just got a couple of Manhasset n.53 tabletop music stands. This means I can place the music closer to me on top of the VPC1, which is good for my old eyes, and if I need be I can put two side by side for a total 106 cm of music desk so I can work on pieces up to 5 pages without losing my mind. Manhasset makes the best stands I've come across so far. I also have their 80 cm wide Four Square stand for playing the recorder - again, four pages side by side without difficulty. Really solid, well made stands.
Those look nice, dig the colors too.

User avatar
strettara
which way is up?
Posts: 7416
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:16 am
Location: das Land der eisernen Wurst

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by strettara » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:23 am

thevegasnerve wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:10 am
strettara wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:30 am
Just got a couple of Manhasset n.53 tabletop music stands. This means I can place the music closer to me on top of the VPC1, which is good for my old eyes, and if I need be I can put two side by side for a total 106 cm of music desk so I can work on pieces up to 5 pages without losing my mind. Manhasset makes the best stands I've come across so far. I also have their 80 cm wide Four Square stand for playing the recorder - again, four pages side by side without difficulty. Really solid, well made stands.
Those look nice, dig the colors too.
I just have black ones. They’re not the cheapest but worth every penny. The friction extension mechanism for the floor stands is such a boon after struggling for years with stands with locking screws which always fail after a while.
“It must be abstract. It must change. It must give pleasure."
"Nothing is possible outside DoReMi."


Kawouddd
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 965
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:09 am

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by Kawouddd » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:54 pm

Boring stuff. But, like utilities, the boring stuff that makes the rest of the stuff shine.

1. (Second Hex) cable holder for my chaotic / DIY rack. c.100(?) polar noise / colour coded patch cables are coming specifically for this rack (and I converted a limbo garden game set into another cable rack for bananas last night).

90DFF2FE-9F55-41A6-A94B-EE93209DD0A6.jpeg

2. Teak drum stool for my bananas and moog one, so I don’t have to drag the other one across the room whenever I want to switch places.

E2B1F859-DC34-4FE4-B07C-47F8C7A5E33B.jpeg

3. Stand for the mpc x, so it’s neither on the floor nor in a cupboard, but can actually be used. It needs to be parked by the bananas (and so the mixer) really, but there’s no space. Thought needed.

AF77C32B-90F3-4C43-817F-D852D9EE543A.jpeg


I do still have a spare bedroom. I think the inevitable end result is that it’ll become a proper / unified studio. The problem is that it’s out of the way and has little natural light, and so I don’t want to be there. And so subsystems keep on cropping up in semi inconvenient corners.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
kcearl
Common Wiggler
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:55 am
Location: TOTPs

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by kcearl » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:34 pm

I bought another cheap guitar

I swore I wouldnt, I even bought two nice guitars recently to stop me buying cheap guitars

But I cant be stopped

42286CE2-E03E-44F1-AD7B-0615EDB95D71.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
thevegasnerve
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1328
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by thevegasnerve » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:25 pm

Kawouddd wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:54 pm
Boring stuff. But, like utilities, the boring stuff that makes the rest of the stuff shine.

1. (Second Hex) cable holder for my chaotic / DIY rack. c.100(?) polar noise / colour coded patch cables are coming specifically for this rack (and I converted a limbo garden game set into another cable rack for bananas last night).


90DFF2FE-9F55-41A6-A94B-EE93209DD0A6.jpeg


2. Teak drum stool for my bananas and moog one, so I don’t have to drag the other one across the room whenever I want to switch places.


E2B1F859-DC34-4FE4-B07C-47F8C7A5E33B.jpeg


3. Stand for the mpc x, so it’s neither on the floor nor in a cupboard, but can actually be used. It needs to be parked by the bananas (and so the mixer) really, but there’s no space. Thought needed.


AF77C32B-90F3-4C43-817F-D852D9EE543A.jpeg



I do still have a spare bedroom. I think the inevitable end result is that it’ll become a proper / unified studio. The problem is that it’s out of the way and has little natural light, and so I don’t want to be there. And so subsystems keep on cropping up in semi inconvenient corners.
brilliant setup

User avatar
deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 726
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:46 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by deft_bonz » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:50 am

Now it's time to RTFM :sb:

I have absolutely no clue how it works :lol:

Image

User avatar
Blairio
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:50 pm
Location: Glasgow, Scotland

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by Blairio » Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:51 am

deft_bonz wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:50 am
Now it's time to RTFM :sb:

I have absolutely no clue how it works :lol:

Image
Nice buttons!

Kawouddd
Ultra Wiggler
Posts: 965
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 12:09 am

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by Kawouddd » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:22 am

thevegasnerve wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:25 pm
brilliant setup
Thank you. I love it. Just need to get around to retiring so I can actually use it!

User avatar
thevegasnerve
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1328
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:02 pm
Location: Colorado, USA
Contact:

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by thevegasnerve » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:12 am

Kawouddd wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:22 am
thevegasnerve wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:25 pm
brilliant setup
Thank you. I love it. Just need to get around to retiring so I can actually use it!
me too.. or at least taking a vacation..

User avatar
pekbro
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:16 am
Location: Maui

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by pekbro » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Sleepy Circuits Hypno...

Image

https://sleepycircuits.com/

User avatar
MindMachine
weekend warrior
Posts: 7413
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:45 am
Location: Santa Susana Field Lab

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by MindMachine » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:11 pm

syzygywell wrote:
Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:40 pm
I'm having an existential crisis so I bought a Polyend Tracker to take to work with me since I've had to go back to the office full time.
You'll be alright. Back to 'normal'.
FS: Euro, Pedals, Echotron, Tascam 238 and DR-03
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=244651

User avatar
WarpHead
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 401
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:15 am
Location: Europe

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by WarpHead » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:35 am

RME UCX II.

Just arrived yesterday. Will be installing and testing tonight and tomorrow. Kind of excited to have dc coupled outs.
Don't believe the hype.

User avatar
3hands
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2343
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:36 pm
Location: Ottawa Ontario

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by 3hands » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:32 am

I’ve just replaced my aging A&H system 8 1616 with a Yamaha 02R. Looking forward to spending 6 months plumbing it into my system lol
Gum is fun, but not on a cat.

My minds an art gallery.

everydaycurry
Common Wiggler
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:36 pm
Location: Houston

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by everydaycurry » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:09 pm

Waiting on an invoice but I'm getting a Dynacord DRS-78. My old cheap rack stuff isn't quite dystopian enough, time to go even older.

User avatar
hawkfuzz
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2574
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:33 pm
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by hawkfuzz » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:10 am

Rytm Mk1
THUMPR BC SC

User avatar
Power Mic 3K
Common Wiggler
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:07 am

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by Power Mic 3K » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:18 am

I bought a Korg KP3+ to replace the one I sold last year. I have plenty of other effects, but sometimes the KP3 is just what is needed to add a bit of flavor.

User avatar
red
Wiggling with Experience
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:21 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by red » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:25 am

Image




dark black max 8-)
red

User avatar
SkudShark
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:05 pm
Location: Florida-land

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by SkudShark » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:42 am

Five12 Vector last night, and not sure if it counts but my pre-ordered Conductive Labs MRCC arrives today :love:

Post Reply

Return to “General Gear”