What new booty did you buy?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

kinkujin
Veteran Wiggler

Re: What new booty did you buy?

Post by kinkujin » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:49 pm

pmboos wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:18 am
My Anyma Phi arrived yesterday. I'm running a virtual conference this weekend, so it unfortunately won't get any play. I did also order a Korg Sigma that I suspect will need a little TLC when it arrives (at least new joysticks).

Alex Ball's vids really make me love the performance features on it. It may not be the most capable synth, but the dual joysticks and aftertouch features look and sound great. This ups my vintage analog synths to 3, all from 1979. It also came with a case... My only other current* vintage desires might be a Delta to go with it at some point and a Moog Source. (I suppose if I found an EDP Wasp for cheap, I'd grab it...)

*This is subject to change...
Congrats on the Sigma. Post some sound samples!

I picked up my Ensoniq Mirage today after it’s long recovery in the shop. Cannot wait to fire it up but garden mulch must be done first!

pmboos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pmboos » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:08 pm

kinkujin wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:49 pm
...snip...

I picked up my Ensoniq Mirage today after it’s long recovery in the shop. Cannot wait to fire it up but garden mulch must be done first!
Nice, on the Mirage as well. I so wanted one of those back in the day. I'm really happy with my S612s though that I ended up getting in the late 80s, early 90s when everyone was upgrading to 16bit from 12bit.

I am psyched about the Sigma. It was all about the performance features for this one. I love the concept of the pressure sensitive keyboard, the filter joystick, and the fact the pitch joy stick can be for either or both synth 'engines'. That is just brilliant. I like that it also has the ability add in noice... And my SQ-1 can drive it. I think the only downer is that the S/H can't be driven by an external clock, maybe that is a mod I'll explore at some point with a shop. I can't imagine that it is impossible...
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:59 am

Finally I was able to snatch a plasma meter for a very good deal :sb:

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:09 am

A really cheap guitar. Like €80 plus VAT.
Screenshot 2021-06-15 at 10.08.10.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I made this techno remix of an ambient/downtempo track. 🧉

DeanG
Wiggling with Experience

Post by DeanG » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:49 pm

Nice looking guitar. Looks a bit like my old G&L Asat Special. Nice price that's for sure!
I am my own source of uncertainty.

https://soundcloud.com/eanranros

MoyaMoya
Wiggling with Experience

Post by MoyaMoya » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:51 pm

Minibrute 2s
Circuit Mono-Station
Studio Electronics Quadnic
Befaco Slew limiter
Doepfer A-162 Dual Trigger Delay
Doepfer A-160-2 Clock Divider
AI Synthesis A1008 Matrix Mixer
Mystic Circuits 0hp Vactrol LPG VCA
Mystic Circuits 0hp 0ttenuator

Now I just need a Rackbrute, some nice compact EG's and a foldable table and I'll have a little portable techno rig!
Exciting times to be alive :nana: :bananaguitar:

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:09 am

DeanG wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:49 pm
Nice looking guitar. Looks a bit like my old G&L Asat Special. Nice price that's for sure!
Yeah, and reviewers say it's ok. Great even, considering the price. I wouldn't know. :D

It's Thomann's own brand.
I made this techno remix of an ambient/downtempo track. 🧉

deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:25 am

Tendrils are too short, so I ordered these Excel Valley from Amazon. 150cm long. Available in all kinds of colors.

kindredlost
5U skiff friendly

Post by kindredlost » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:07 am

STG Soundlabs Wave Slicer in 5U format.

http://stgsoundlabs.com/products/wave_slicer_mu.htm

ATW
Ultra Wiggler

Post by ATW » Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:24 am

Three treasures recently arrived:

0-CTRL — took it for a few spins, already more playable and immediate than I'd anticipated. Instrument-like, and flexible.
Moog Grandmother — My first analog keyboard synth, brilliant thus far.
Schlappi Angle Grinder (silver). Psyched about this one. While aesthetics are often less of a priority for me, the panel UI + hardware is gloriously nice.

It's going to be a good-sounding summer.
ᴍᴏᴅᴜʟᴀʀ ɢʀɪᴅ ⟡ 9U 168 + Palette + Pod ⟡ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ ATW on SoundCloud

sinfunc
Learning to Wiggle

Post by sinfunc » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:15 am

Sequential Pro 3 - which happens to be my first experience in Dave Smith territory and I'm glad it's with this one. The sequencer is bad ass! Not to mention everything else it has to offer...

MindMachine
weekend warrior

Post by MindMachine » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:30 pm

STG VCO
STG MIXER
Behringer VC-340
EH MEL-9 (to go with VC-340)
Danelecto Baby Sitar
FS: Euro, Pedals, Echotron, Tascam 238 and DR-03
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... 4&t=244651

pmboos
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by pmboos » Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:31 pm

kinkujin wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:49 pm
pmboos wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:18 am
My Anyma Phi arrived yesterday. I'm running a virtual conference this weekend, so it unfortunately won't get any play. I did also order a Korg Sigma that I suspect will need a little TLC when it arrives (at least new joysticks).

Alex Ball's vids really make me love the performance features on it. It may not be the most capable synth, but the dual joysticks and aftertouch features look and sound great. This ups my vintage analog synths to 3, all from 1979. It also came with a case... My only other current* vintage desires might be a Delta to go with it at some point and a Moog Source. (I suppose if I found an EDP Wasp for cheap, I'd grab it...)

*This is subject to change...

So was playing around with it some today. I may upload some of my noodlings to YouTube. I took advantage of playing on my porch before it got too hot... Anyway, my ringmod switch stopped working. Bummer as detuning the synthe and instrument engines using that is really awesome. It def needs some TLC; the after touch (keyboard sensor) becomes permanently on when I flick that switch. The volume and mix pots are a bit noisy. I'll probably post some nice sounding samples (as opposed to just recording through my phone mic) post servicing.

I played it through my Kármán Line delay pedal and got instantaneous dreamy, creamy 70s goodness. While it is a limited synth, the interesting choices made are great. I really love that temporary portamento button. That and the two joysticks are incredible performance controllers; adding in the Kármán Line pedal added to it. I really love the choice of noise as a modifier on the pitch bend joystick. I found myself really enjoying that... I wish the S/H voice was a bit louder.
---
“What actions can be taken to create a joyful, inspiring, and productive work environment?"

deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:25 am

The dust cover arrived. Custom made from https://coversforall.de/

Muff McMuff
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Muff McMuff » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:14 am

Since covid started i have not been back to the UK where i had various ebay, reverb, muffs bst purchases waiting. I had them sent over to me and this box of treasure arrived today. Woohoo!

No space in my rack though so i might have to build another smaller rack or a bigger one? I am particularly looking forward to exploring A-196 PLL , A-127 Triple VCRF, Horstronic joystick and whenever i build it the Bastl Kastle euro version. Could be a while on that one.
betterThanXmas.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mnchrme
Wiggling with Experience

Post by mnchrme » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:16 am

Boss PH-3.

rareo
Common Wiggler

Post by rareo » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:39 pm

Bettermaker Mastering Compressor & Equalizer to join my Darthlimiter.

Blairio
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Blairio » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:30 pm

CD of Joni Mitchell's 'Blue' album.... Recorded in the same studio, and at the same time as Carol King's 'Tapestry'. A golden time.

thevegasnerve
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by thevegasnerve » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:10 pm

Blairio wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:30 pm
CD of Joni Mitchell's 'Blue' album.... Recorded in the same studio, and at the same time as Carol King's 'Tapestry'. A golden time.
now those are some classic recordings. 😎

kinkujin
Veteran Wiggler

Post by kinkujin » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:11 pm

Finally grabbed a Kilpatrick Redox at a price I couldn’t refuse. Really neeeed more reverb in my life.

MisterJ
Common Wiggler

Post by MisterJ » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:32 pm

strettara wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:57 pm
MisterJ wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:32 pm
The word "booty" really does apply to this one.
I really hope that means you were dressed as a pirate.
Nah, that only happens in movies. In real life, pirates tend to be more discrete.

And once again, booty is the word. This time it applies more to the quantity than the price. I bought all of this at a sale at our local buddhist center. I made them an offer for the lot and they accepted. I've been thinking of getting a better set of monitors with a decent sized woofer and was happy to find one locally. As I checked out the monitors, I saw another box of gear and out of it I got two AKG microphones, two vacuum tube pres and two FMR RNC compressors along with assorted cables and other odds and ends. Kind of felt like being a kid at Christmas and I spent the rest of the weekend playing around with the gear, testing it and setting it up. There were enough cables included to run the RNCs and the outs from the pres into my patchbay and the RNCs lived up to the generally good reputation they have. I ran drum samples through one several hours today and was very pleased with the sound.

DSC_7091_4.JPG
Contact resistance is the root of all evil!

Muff McMuff
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Muff McMuff » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:10 pm

MisterJ wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:32 pm
strettara wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:57 pm
MisterJ wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:32 pm
The word "booty" really does apply to this one.
I really hope that means you were dressed as a pirate.
Nah, that only happens in movies. In real life, pirates tend to be more discrete.

And once again, booty is the word. This time it applies more to the quantity than the price. I bought all of this at a sale at our local buddhist center. I made them an offer for the lot and they accepted. I've been thinking of getting a better set of monitors with a decent sized woofer and was happy to find one locally. As I checked out the monitors, I saw another box of gear and out of it I got two AKG microphones, two vacuum tube pres and two FMR RNC compressors along with assorted cables and other odds and ends. Kind of felt like being a kid at Christmas and I spent the rest of the weekend playing around with the gear, testing it and setting it up. There were enough cables included to run the RNCs and the outs from the pres into my patchbay and the RNCs lived up to the generally good reputation they have. I ran drum samples through one several hours today and was very pleased with the sound.

DSC_7091_4.JPG
That could be some kind of buddhist karma attraction in action. A bunch of gear they totally didnt want going to somebody who really does want it. Nice.

deft_bonz
Veteran Wiggler

Post by deft_bonz » Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:59 am

:sb:

TuneSystem
Learning to Wiggle

Post by TuneSystem » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:32 am

Expansion card for Waldorf Microwave XT

stk
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by stk » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:15 am

Bought a new fucking skateboard. Because I have enough synths (and VCAs)

Return to “General Gear”