Please recommend a DC coupled audio interface...

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.
gkillmaster
Common Wiggler

Please recommend a DC coupled audio interface...

Post by gkillmaster »

I have a Scarlett 2i2 and am happy with it, but it isn't DC coupled and I need a similar interface to be able to send CV to my 0-Coast. What would you recommend? I only really need 1 in and 1 out, but 2 would be ok. Just want to keep the cost down if possible.

Many thanks,

G
Stu B
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Please recommend a DC coupled audio interface...

Post by Stu B »

I think Experts Sleepers lead the way in this area. I’m looking at them at the moment but there doesn’t seem to be a cheap way of doing it.
commoner
Wiggling with Experience

Post by commoner »

I recently went through a period of buying small usb powered interfaces to find the right one. Ended up on the motu M2. Superior features for the price, and it’s dc coupled.
-cynic is the word used by one who wishes to believe that a realist is wrong
Stu B
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Stu B »

commoner wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:05 am I recently went through a period of buying small usb powered interfaces to find the right one. Ended up on the motu M2. Superior features for the price, and it’s dc coupled.
What’s the full name please? I just searched MG but nothing came up.
gkillmaster
Common Wiggler

Post by gkillmaster »

commoner wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:05 am I recently went through a period of buying small usb powered interfaces to find the right one. Ended up on the motu M2. Superior features for the price, and it’s dc coupled.
Thanks! checking it out!
gkillmaster
Common Wiggler

Post by gkillmaster »

Stu B wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:09 am
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -interface
soundsculptor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by soundsculptor »

All suggestions are good, I think.
If you want to invest in a bigger interface, I can recommend the RME Fireface UCX II.
It has 8 analog outputs, DC coupled. I am working with RME products since 20 years, and I am very impressed by how long these interfaces are supported; my old fireface400 I have since roughly 2008 still works on the M1 macbook, no problems. The Totalmix software is also very flexible and intuitive. I can´t say the same about the configuration of the Expert Sleepers I have as well, programming the routing on that one always feels like a hard puzzle.
don´t critisize it - equalize it
gkillmaster
Common Wiggler

Post by gkillmaster »

soundsculptor wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:45 am All suggestions are good, I think.
If you want to invest in a bigger interface, I can recommend the RME Fireface UCX II.
It has 8 analog outputs, DC coupled. I am working with RME products since 20 years, and I am very impressed by how long these interfaces are supported; my old fireface400 I have since roughly 2008 still works on the M1 macbook, no problems. The Totalmix software is also very flexible and intuitive. I can´t say the same about the configuration of the Expert Sleepers I have as well, programming the routing on that one always feels like a hard puzzle.
Thanks for the info. I'd like to keep it around $200 and the only interface in that range (as previously suggested) I could find is the Motu M2.
Stu B
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Stu B »

gkillmaster wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:16 am
Stu B wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:09 am
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... -interface
Thanks 👍🏻

Return to “General Gear”