Donner B1 Analog Bass Synth/Seq

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.
Angroc
Common Wiggler

Re: Donner B1 Analog Bass Synth/Seq

Post by Angroc »

The page tells us it's a joy to play with because of silicone keys with colour changing backlights. Ok, colours and light are cool I guess, but it seems to evade mentioning if it has velocity or aftertouch at all? Playing silicone keys without that seems really strange to my ears.
anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi »

Angroc wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:17 am The page tells us it's a joy to play with because of silicone keys with colour changing backlights. Ok, colours and light are cool I guess, but it seems to evade mentioning if it has velocity or aftertouch at all? Playing silicone keys without that seems really strange to my ears.
actually they evade mentioning everything
even the magnified pics doesn´t have enough resolution to see the panel :despair:
everydaycurry
Ultra Wiggler

Post by everydaycurry »

It's so ugly I hope it sounds like the greatest bass synth ever for irony's sake. Looks like it might have some nice features for a little 303-alike, though having the audio outputs on the top would be awkward.

https://www.synthanatomy.com/2022/05/do ... sizer.html
revtor
Dialing it in..

Post by revtor »

Anyone see the Kia synth?? What’s up with companies jumping into the emi world this week?
Fellow North Jersey Synthaholic
anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi »

Play it from 24:00 onwards. The audio is from camera but seems to sound pretty good anyway.
h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted »

I like it , like an executive 303 for the mature warehouse degenerate.

OS looks fine to use , it’s cheap, novel , filter doesn’t sound right , but it’s own thing , like the bass bot , which I prefer to a 303 in some instances.
One thing isn’t mentioned in the video is whether the fx are analogue too. Either way the distortion sounded fine , can’t tell about the delay , but it seems a bit quiet.

May pick one up.

Weird not marketed in the EU yet
We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.
h4ndcrafted
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by h4ndcrafted »

Game changer

‘It will give you the taste of being one of the famous EDMs, Hip-Hop DJs or producers’
We don't want to conquer space at all. We want to expand Earth endlessly. We don't want other worlds; we want a mirror.
Headphones73
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Headphones73 »

I bought a TD3 a year ago, and just purchased a TD3MO friday. So this would be a GAS purchase at best. Other than big lighted pads and a appreciator, it’s not really that needed for me. But best of luck to them.
Gear owned: Hungry Robot Modular Oscillator, Output, Slew, Sample & Hold, Sonicsmith Modulor A1, Behringer Crave, RD6, RD9, TD3, TD3MO, Korg EA-1, ER-1 MK2, Boss SP202, SP404, SP505, RE20, Line 6 M5, Akai Miniak, S20, XR20, S2000, Moog MF102, MF104M, CP251, Dreadbox Taff2, Roland SP202, SP404, SP505, RC505, TB03, TR06
Blairio
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Blairio »

I was mildly intrigued, then clicked on the link was deluged in a tsunami of advertising overlays. No thanks. If you want to inform and educate about a new product, that's fine, but keep it simple to read.
Maffez
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Maffez »

got one per local ads by chance and did some first *synthenpoken around the innenleben*

https://maffez.com/?page_id=2941

generally, i guess, if you know the td3 you know this; though there are some differences ( also how this responds to tinkering - more/sounds next week)
t-sun
Learning to Wiggle

Post by t-sun »

Maffez wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:41 pm got one per local ads by chance and did some first *synthenpoken around the innenleben*

https://maffez.com/?page_id=2941

generally, i guess, if you know the td3 you know this; though there are some differences ( also how this responds to tinkering - more/sounds next week)
This is great info, thanks for writing it up. I had guessed it was PT2399 but never got around to opening mine up to check.
Maffez
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Maffez »

thx and also thx for the (indirect) reminder to upload some clips - I recorded some of the mods and put them on my page. especially delay mods get nicely weird results!
Maffez
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Maffez »

some feedback lööööps

Return to “General Gear”