Announcing: Synthesizers.com Manufacturer Sub-Forum

Please check out the new sub-forum by following the link above. It is nice to have another manufacturer onboard and opening another direct communication line to potential and existing customers

New Waldorf synth M

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: New Waldorf synth M

Post by dubonaire »

emir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:21 am
dubonaire wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:16 am
emir wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:57 am Their reveal videos always impress me though. I love it.
Huh? I think it’s the synth that should impress you.
That was the first to impress of course, just wanted to point out their teasers are something I appreciate. After all that takes some effort too on their end. :)
:tu:
tdel
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tdel »

nodog wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:42 am I personally don't like the envelope shaping much. It seems too lineair to me.
Did you catch the lin/exp slope option added in the most recent firmware?
nodog
Wiggling with Experience

Post by nodog »

tdel wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:14 pm
nodog wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:42 am I personally don't like the envelope shaping much. It seems too lineair to me.
Thanks but I can't seem to find that option. I'm on FW 1.07 btw. Aren't you maybe thinking of velocity curves options? Or am I just not looking in the right places?
everydaycurry
Ultra Wiggler

Post by everydaycurry »

I think it's lin/exp glide that was added in 1.07.

The wave envelopes are linear and the VCA/VCF envelopes are exponential if I remember a post from VladiS right. I don't have mine at hand but you can self-modulate envelopes to change the curve, I think?
tdel
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tdel »

nodog wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:51 pm
tdel wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:14 pm
Thanks but I can't seem to find that option. I'm on FW 1.07 btw. Aren't you maybe thinking of velocity curves options? Or am I just not looking in the right places?
Ah, my mistake -- you're referring to the wave envelopes? I think those are indeed limited to lin, unfortunately.
anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi »

everydaycurry wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:12 am you can self-modulate envelopes to change the curve, I think?
do you have this kind of modulation routing on the M? :hmm:

I thought all mod destinations were fixed and only use attenuators to allow the modulators to act over them in a certain amount... or are envelopes´ segments part of the available modulation destinations of the same envelopes?
everydaycurry
Ultra Wiggler

Post by everydaycurry »

anselmi wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:52 pm
everydaycurry wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:12 am you can self-modulate envelopes to change the curve, I think?
do you have this kind of modulation routing on the M? :hmm:

I thought all mod destinations were fixed and only use attenuators to allow the modulators to act over them in a certain amount... or are envelopes´ segments part of the available modulation destinations of the same envelopes?
to be honest mine has been on loan to a friend in synth-need for a few months so I'm a bit foggy but I believe the envelope segments (at least for filter and VCA) are part of the available destinations.

Glancing at the manual (pg 53 & 54) it looks like that's right.
shred
desperation tentacle

Post by shred »

Modulation is assigned at the destination. for instance, you can go into the Filter Env section and at each Env stage (ADSR) assign what you want to modulate it. And it's the same list of modulation sources for each modulation destination, like it's the same menu in the same order (LFO1, LFO2, etc.) and FiltENV is an option. So the Filter Envelope can modulate each section of the Filter Envelope in different modulation amounts.

And this extends to the Wave & Free Envelopes and all their stages.
It modulates :twisted:
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:CATS OR GTFO!!!!!

www.shredderghost.bandcamp.com

anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi »

shred wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:25 am

Modulation is assigned at the destination. for instance, you can go into the Filter Env section and at each Env stage (ADSR) assign what you want to modulate it. And it's the same list of modulation sources for each modulation destination, like it's the same menu in the same order (LFO1, LFO2, etc.) and FiltENV is an option. So the Filter Envelope can modulate each section of the Filter Envelope in different modulation amounts.

And this extends to the Wave & Free Envelopes and all their stages.
It modulates :twisted:
thanks for the info, great to know this... for me it´s the best compromise between fixed and matrix modulation
joskery
Veteran Wiggler

Post by joskery »

Would love some kind of an overview of all possible modulations, though… can be troublesome to see what’s up in a patch.

Return to “General Gear”