Polyend Tracker

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

synthichap
Common Wiggler

Re: Polyend Tracker

Post by synthichap » Mon May 24, 2021 4:55 pm

1825B53D-22BC-4370-B1D9-BDAC4757FA3A.jpeg
Excuse the dirt. This was an old MPC I bought and I wanted to fix it before putting in the effort of a deep clean.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spartanite Case for Synthi A/KS available for trade. Looking for OP1 in exchange.

synthichap
Common Wiggler

Post by synthichap » Mon May 24, 2021 4:57 pm

synthichap wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:55 pm
1825B53D-22BC-4370-B1D9-BDAC4757FA3A.jpeg

Excuse the dirt. This was an old MPC I bought and I wanted to fix it before putting in the effort of a deep clean.
The skirt of the Buchla knob just coincidentally happened to be the same diameter as the Akai knob. Pure fluke but it worked beautifully.
Spartanite Case for Synthi A/KS available for trade. Looking for OP1 in exchange.

steveoath
Common Wiggler

Post by steveoath » Tue May 25, 2021 4:18 pm

Quick Q for anyone that might be able to help me out.

I have a fairly long sample, that is short enough to be loaded into the sample pool. Problem I have is that when I try to edit the sample e.g. crop out the bit I want. I cannot get the sample editor to load. It just hangs up and I have to restart the whole device.

Is this a known bug?

Roy72
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Roy72 » Wed May 26, 2021 2:26 am

I think its a limitation of the machine - it has a max length.

The Junglechrist
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by The Junglechrist » Wed May 26, 2021 3:50 am

steveoath wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 4:18 pm
Quick Q for anyone that might be able to help me out.

I have a fairly long sample, that is short enough to be loaded into the sample pool. Problem I have is that when I try to edit the sample e.g. crop out the bit I want. I cannot get the sample editor to load. It just hangs up and I have to restart the whole device.

Is this a known bug?
Some samples are too long to be edited but it usualy tell you "this sample is too long to be edited" without freezing the machine.

steveoath
Common Wiggler

Post by steveoath » Wed May 26, 2021 5:43 am

Cool. It gave me that message, but then crashes. I'm on a beta firmware so maybe need to rewind to full release and see what happens.

synthichap
Common Wiggler

Post by synthichap » Fri May 28, 2021 3:35 am

No such thing as a stupid question, so...

When monitoring, I can't see an option to route the line in to the reverb/delay.
Is it possible?
My guess is no.

Thanks.

unexpectedbowtie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by unexpectedbowtie » Fri May 28, 2021 4:56 am

synthichap wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:35 am

When monitoring, I can't see an option to route the line in to the reverb/delay.
Is it possible?
My guess is no.

Thanks.
I don't know for 100%, but I am sure I saw this wasn't possible. This may or may not be unhelpful.

Roy72
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Roy72 » Fri May 28, 2021 5:33 am

^I think he's right

synthichap
Common Wiggler

Post by synthichap » Fri May 28, 2021 6:57 am

unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:56 am
synthichap wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:35 am

Is it possible?
My guess is no.

Thanks.
I don't know for 100%, but I am sure I saw this wasn't possible. This may or may not be unhelpful.
Haha, great answer, thank you 🙂
I'm pretty sure it's not possible right now.
Maybe in a future update.
One can hope.

synthichap
Common Wiggler

Post by synthichap » Fri May 28, 2021 8:55 am

On a jogwheel tip (again):

If the tracker had a knob like this which fit a knurled shaft, there would be zero wobble.

Sadly, the diameter of this one is 5mm smaller than needed for a replacement.

https://pmdway.com/products/40x19mm-alu ... be16&_ss=r
rotary-encoder-knob-pmdway-3_f3f35621-2f18-4fc2-98bb-6319d7cdc188_1800x1800.jpg
rotary-encoder-knob-pmdway-1_9fc49da1-e8b1-4c10-9598-492d7fdaa017_1800x1800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bradclay
Common Wiggler

Post by bradclay » Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:21 pm

Tonemod wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:23 pm
The PT seems to be taking some heat lately for being too gamey and not exporty enough, ;)

While I totally understand the the feelings about a promised feature (Overbridge, anyone?)... at least the betas are moving in the right direction.

I’ve been using it in a hybrid midi sequencing / sound source setup with eurorack via Expert Sleepers FH-2 and knob.farm Ferry.

Gotta say the Tracker’s been doing awesome this regard.
I have an FH-1 that was loaned to me. First time using an ES module. Plugged the tracker in and got it working. Question for you or anyone that knows. If I want to send a CC to the FH-1 that spits out an lfo how do I do that exactly? I have CC A on the tracker set to 3 and am sending a midi sequence out to the FH-1 that has FX lane 1 of the tracker sending a(with different values). This outputs on 4 of the FH-1 but something feels off.

Any help would be appreciated.
What’s worse than raining cats and dogs?

Hailing taxi cabs.

fruitsnake
Common Wiggler

Post by fruitsnake » Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:02 pm

bradclay wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:21 pm

I have an FH-1 that was loaned to me. First time using an ES module. Plugged the tracker in and got it working. Question for you or anyone that knows. If I want to send a CC to the FH-1 that spits out an lfo how do I do that exactly? I have CC A on the tracker set to 3 and am sending a midi sequence out to the FH-1 that has FX lane 1 of the tracker sending a(with different values). This outputs on 4 of the FH-1 but something feels off.

I just picked up an Endorphin.es Shuttle Control last week to use with my Tracker and I found it super easy to set up the situation you just described. It's actually a wonderful pairing with the Tracker, so maybe my advice would be to go with the Shuttle Control if you actually end up buying a midi/cv converter. I've never used the FH-1, but I have ES-9 and Disting and while they're both incredibly useful, they're also a real pain to configure/edit and kind of confusing to me still after owning them for years.

unexpectedbowtie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by unexpectedbowtie » Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:26 am

+1 for the Shuttle Control.

dunes82
Learning to Wiggle

Post by dunes82 » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:41 pm

came here to say I just tried the 'export stems' function for the first time, loaded them into ableton and they are sync'd perfectly... tracker firmware v1.3.1

bradclay
Common Wiggler

Post by bradclay » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:24 am

fruitsnake wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 5:02 pm
bradclay wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:21 pm

I just picked up an Endorphin.es Shuttle Control last week to use with my Tracker and I found it super easy to set up the situation you just described. It's actually a wonderful pairing with the Tracker, so maybe my advice would be to go with the Shuttle Control if you actually end up buying a midi/cv converter. I've never used the FH-1, but I have ES-9 and Disting and while they're both incredibly useful, they're also a real pain to configure/edit and kind of confusing to me still after owning them for years.
Thank you! Yeah the FH-1 is a bit confusing for me. I've been through the manual a couple times and I still have some issues that I am apparently not smart enough to work out.

Hailing taxi cabs.

bradclay
Common Wiggler

Post by bradclay » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:25 am

unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:26 am
Second in a row to give this recommendation so....I'm going to grab the manual and have read through. Thank you! :sb:

Hailing taxi cabs.

unexpectedbowtie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by unexpectedbowtie » Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:14 pm

bradclay wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:25 am
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Second in a row to give this recommendation so....I'm going to grab the manual and have read through. Thank you! :sb:
I should probably say a bit more. I love the Shuttle Control. I use it often (also with the expander module) to bring my different gear together. It's like my MIDI > CV portal. My external gear to Euro hub. The editor can be a bit of a pain, and remembering all of the different presets and jack functions a nightmare - but that's just because the functionality is so deep. It's really good, and Endorphin support is brilliant if you're stuck with a particular config. I recommend!

Wick
Common Wiggler

Post by Wick » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:39 am

unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:14 pm
bradclay wrote:
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
I should probably say a bit more. I love the Shuttle Control. I use it often (also with the expander module) to bring my different gear together. It's like my MIDI > CV portal. My external gear to Euro hub. The editor can be a bit of a pain, and remembering all of the different presets and jack functions a nightmare - but that's just because the functionality is so deep. It's really good, and Endorphin support is brilliant if you're stuck with a particular config. I recommend!
is there's a video to see how the tracker and shuttle control in the works?

Eddeh
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Eddeh » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Hi, enjoying the thread and about to pull the trigger on a polyend tracker once they come back in stock. Has anyone experience on how to works with Bitbox mk2
Thanks

pmarchitect
Wiggling with Experience

Post by pmarchitect » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:52 pm

I got one today. I use a Nerdseq and Eurorack, but haven’t had a portable unit for a long time.

Off to the park the next time the sun is out.

Need to learn it, I made a pattern and all of a sudden one track just stopped making a sound. Don’t know if it’s me or a bug but it’s certainly not obvious why, not muted or turned down etc.

Anyway, I hope this works out, the Digitakt certainly didn’t!

Edit: Yeah I’m finding it very buggy. Tracks randomly stop making a sound, (only way to fix is to turn off and on again) the mixer shows sound coming from tracks I haven’t even touched, and the output volume of tracks is all over the place. I mix it well and then it just decides to go really loud for no reason and then back to normal. Completely random.

This is very disappointing. I’ve only used it for a couple of hours! It feels quite unfinished to me, it’s great to have cool features like timestretch and wavetable / granular, but I would have preferred them to get the basics right first. I certainly would not even consider using this live. I’m going to start another project as this one is obviously not working, but if it keeps happening I might have to send it back and get a refund. Such a shame the Nerdseq portable won’t be out for a while. I would imagine that being much more stable given all the work put into the Nerdseq already. The Polyend has been around for a good while now, I really didn’t expect such basic issues. I have been burned in the past from adopting things too early so I gave it a good long wait, but it doesn’t seem to have helped much!

Fw 1.3.1

Huff...

Edit: Reported on GitHub, for what it’s worth. This thing has more bugs than my garden shed.

Devilwidget
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Devilwidget » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:37 am

pmarchitect wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:52 pm
I got one today. I use a Nerdseq and Eurorack, but haven’t had a portable unit for a long time.

Off to the park the next time the sun is out.

Need to learn it, I made a pattern and all of a sudden one track just stopped making a sound. Don’t know if it’s me or a bug but it’s certainly not obvious why, not muted or turned down etc.

Anyway, I hope this works out, the Digitakt certainly didn’t!

Edit: Yeah I’m finding it very buggy. Tracks randomly stop making a sound, (only way to fix is to turn off and on again) the mixer shows sound coming from tracks I haven’t even touched, and the output volume of tracks is all over the place. I mix it well and then it just decides to go really loud for no reason and then back to normal. Completely random.

This is very disappointing. I’ve only used it for a couple of hours! It feels quite unfinished to me, it’s great to have cool features like timestretch and wavetable / granular, but I would have preferred them to get the basics right first. I certainly would not even consider using this live. I’m going to start another project as this one is obviously not working, but if it keeps happening I might have to send it back and get a refund. Such a shame the Nerdseq portable won’t be out for a while. I would imagine that being much more stable given all the work put into the Nerdseq already. The Polyend has been around for a good while now, I really didn’t expect such basic issues. I have been burned in the past from adopting things too early so I gave it a good long wait, but it doesn’t seem to have helped much!

Fw 1.3.1

Huff...

Edit: Reported on GitHub, for what it’s worth. This thing has more bugs than my garden shed.
What your describing is not normal, at all. It sounds like there is something wrong with your unit. I'm on the same firmware, and it is very, very consistent in its behavior. No weird volume spikes, no random muting. My unit has never crashed. Have you tried reinstalling the firmware?

The Junglechrist
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by The Junglechrist » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:03 am

Hey there folks, I filmed a nice jam yesterday with the Tracker as master clock, it seems it's now way more in time for this kind of duty wich is great (I made no proper test tho).

bradclay
Common Wiggler

Post by bradclay » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:58 am

unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:14 pm
bradclay wrote:
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
Would you mind making a video of you using the shuttle and tracker together?

Hailing taxi cabs.

fruitsnake
Common Wiggler

Post by fruitsnake » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:55 pm

pmarchitect wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:52 pm

Even when there were actually a lot of bugs in the basic functions (ie 1.3.0 or earlier), the behavior you're describing never happened to me. I'll say tho, I only ran 1.3.1 for a hot minute because I was using 1.3.1b4 and then immediately switched to the new 1.4.0b1 when it came out, so maybe try either of those.

But yeah, sounds like you might have a lemon.

Return to “General Gear”