MOTOR SYNTH

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: MOTOR SYNTH

Post by behndy »

always been intrigued as butts about the Motor, dooder seems super nice, the Soft Mod option assuages my ambient noise fear, ordered.
music, noise, in progress silliness - http://www.youtube.com/c/behndy
trappywappy
Learning to Wiggle

Post by trappywappy »

Nelson Baboon wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:58 pm
behndy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:24 pm jebus. i still want one of these hellza bad.

Babbbbboooooo Of The Nelsons - hit me up if you end up not digging on yours?

so. how loud DOES it get? like. i share an office/music room with the wife, doubt i'd be able to run it when she's working. but. howwww louuuuud?
pretty damn loud....

i also would like to verify from an owner - i picked mine up on reverb, since the wait time is pretty long until the next batch. there is a note in the manual that the note record isn't implemented yet, but mentions a firmware update in august 2020. well....damn. but there are no firmware updates on the site, and sure as hell couldn't get the note record to work. so i just want to verify that it's not user error.

I corresponded with them briefly in February, asking about firmware (I am wanting that drone mode they mentioned...), and this is the response I got:
We thought that we'd publish an update early this year but soon understood that we have to overdo the whole firmware architecture to make it smoother and less complex for future updates.
I can't say an exact date for not, but I hope that could be done until April.
Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon »

my jrf contact mics arrived yesterday, and I can confirm that these work well to capture the actual motor noise without other outside sounds....much better than the 'regular' microphone that I tried previously.

I'm not sure exactly how the motors generate the synths sound, but it's amusing - it seems like when the pitch of the oscillators is raised, the motors work more loudly (spin faster) and hence create more feedback. I had to watch my input volumes when I raised the pitches (and in general).

it's very cool, and can be pretty eerie when only the motor noise is being heard.
behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy »

jebus. checking back, looks like i ordered mines in March of last year. original expected delivery date was May. lol. thinnnnnk that might have been a TAD optimistic estimate.

not pissed at all, i understand how messed up supply chain issues have made everything. excited about a quieter moter as well.

but. would be neaaaaaaat if they shipped soon.
thebends9
Common Wiggler

Post by thebends9 »

Apparently V2 is at Superbooth
electricfence
Ultra Wiggler

Post by electricfence »

behndy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:53 am jebus. checking back, looks like i ordered mines in March of last year. original expected delivery date was May. lol. thinnnnnk that might have been a TAD optimistic estimate.

not pissed at all, i understand how messed up supply chain issues have made everything. excited about a quieter moter as well.

but. would be neaaaaaaat if they shipped soon.
Did you ever get it?
behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy »

nope. talked to them again, they're behind like everyone else. i'm not mad at them, but it's at the point i don't really expect to ever see it, will be happily surprised if i do.
behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy »

yeah. it's a little annoying to watch companies put out new stuff when i know they're way behind on orders for other things. i get it, everything is hard and weird and unexpectedly slow in a lot of ways now. but. still. filling pre-existing orders should be a priority.
electricfence
Ultra Wiggler

Post by electricfence »

behndy wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:31 pm nope. talked to them again, they're behind like everyone else. i'm not mad at them, but it's at the point i don't really expect to ever see it, will be happily surprised if i do.
That’s a bummer. Hopefully they will be able to fill your order soon.
behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy »

electricfence wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:50 am
behndy wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 6:31 pm nope. talked to them again, they're behind like everyone else. i'm not mad at them, but it's at the point i don't really expect to ever see it, will be happily surprised if i do.
That’s a bummer. Hopefully they will be able to fill your order soon.
hope so too! i would love to have one to dive into. i like that they're physically quieter now a lot. but. spent a lot of time anticipating it, gets frustrating and i don't want to be frustrated. so... Blasé Faire Attitude i guess?
red
Wiggling with Experience

Post by red »

There is a MOTOR SYNTH MK II announced (link)...
Like others - I am waiting for the final firmware for the first edition of the Motor Sysnth. I bought it because of the announced features, which are not fully implemented until today....

And I am also a bit annoyed - there is unfortunately no answer to my questions from Gamecahnger Audio. Nobody answers - I tried four different eMail addresses (and sent from different eMail addresses...).
matiss@gamechangeraudio.com
ilja@gamechangeraudio.com
niks@gamechangeraudio.com
info@gamechangeraudio.com

Very disappointing!
red
behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy »

have you tried the info@gamechangeraudio.com address? i get a response within a few days when i email there.

edit - durp. sorry, didna see you had it listed there.

yeah. i'm excited about the v2 upgrades, most about the quieter physical motor parts, and am hoping they get those out soon. last email i got said something about hoping to have a release date when they go to NAMM this year.
h1t3k
Common Wiggler

Post by h1t3k »

hope you guys don't have money down on these orders, likely vaporware at this point. bummer, companies need to fill current orders before designing and offering new stuff.
behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy »

lol. that's the problem. i DO have one paid down with them. they offered a refund when i talked to them a few times ago, but i'm not hurting right now so i don't mind keeping the funds dumped into a HOPEFULLY will show up soon order. might change my mind in 6 months, but that's where i'm at right now.
anselmi
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by anselmi »

I miss the days when people complained about the fan noise in the studio...
red
Wiggling with Experience

Post by red »

MOTOR SYNTH MK II

will

be

Euro 3000.00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SelWfhUioU4

. . .
red
MARK27
Ultra Wiggler

Post by MARK27 »

Everything is getting more expensive. I'm glad I picked up the first one.
red
Wiggling with Experience

Post by red »

Well...

I paid 709.00 euros in June 2019 (pre-ordered directly from Gamechanger Audio).

so...
red
jabs
Common Wiggler

Post by jabs »

Yeah, that's over 3x what I paid for a second hand one. And I don't see the added filters and sequencer as a significant step change to justify the price.
Nelson Baboon
droolmaster0

Post by Nelson Baboon »

red wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:21 am Well...

so...
you sure? for the motor synth? I ordered mine direct from them and it was about double that. you sure the pre-order wasn't a 'half down' pricing? I just doublechecked, and I paid $1518 in March 2021. (and i think i got a slight discount from them because i bought 2 pedals from them at the same time)
Last edited by Nelson Baboon on Sat May 14, 2022 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
behndy
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by behndy »

jebus. 3 g's euros is EXPENSIVE. i paid i think around a g and half USD for my Hopefully Will Eventually Come pre-order?
red
Wiggling with Experience

Post by red »

Nelson Baboon wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:55 pm
red wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:21 am Well...

so...
you sure? for the motor synth? I ordered mine direct from them and it was about double that. you sure the pre-order wasn't a 'half down' pricing? I just doublechecked, and I paid $1518 in March 2021. (and i think i got a slight discount from them because i bought 2 pedals from them at the same time)
red

Return to “General Gear”