Overstayer Modular Channel - Who has one?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.
soundsculptor
Wiggling with Experience

Re: Overstayer Modular Channel - Who has one?

Post by soundsculptor »

To help with the waiting time, I´d love to see videos of the modular channel in action :party:
don´t critisize it - equalize it
chaosium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chaosium »

soundsculptor wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:17 am To help with the waiting time, I´d love to see videos of the modular channel in action :party:
Any type of noise you’re seeking beyond say, live drums?

I’m looking to set up a chain soon with the Modular Channel and Euterpe Vertice and see how filthy i can get with either :)
Scatre
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Scatre »

chaosium wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:57 am Ordered direct from Overstayer, took just over 1y to receipt.

You could probably ask Overstayer if they release some to distributors intermittently, but I imagine distributors have a preorder backlog as well.
urogijani wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:50 am When and where did you ordered ? I am still waiting on mine.
chaosium wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:43 am Got mine, been rocking out so far and trying to understand the flow, and tame it however I can :)

Starting out with everything SCREAMING at me and moving to a more nuanced sound.
I used to work for OS's US distributor and Jeff doesn't build the MC for stock. You can occasionally go through a dealer, but you're better off ordering direct (it'll be cheaper).
chaosium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chaosium »

Scatre wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:24 pm I used to work for OS's US distributor and Jeff doesn't build the MC for stock. You can occasionally go through a dealer, but you're better off ordering direct (it'll be cheaper).
Useful advice for preorders! Thanks for offering that.
soundsculptor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by soundsculptor »

chaosium wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:16 pm
soundsculptor wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:17 am To help with the waiting time, I´d love to see videos of the modular channel in action :party:

I’m looking to set up a chain soon with the Modular Channel and Euterpe Vertice and see how filthy i can get with either :)
great!
I was looking for the calmer side of the modular channel, not full-on distortion, mixbus applications.
also a close look on the compressor, what it can do to various sources.
live drums are cool, but also a full mix, vocals.. double bass would be awesome.
don´t critisize it - equalize it
Jee
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Jee »

chaosium wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:16 pm

Go for the most filthy possible sounds combining both!
Definitely worth a try! :D
Drukqs7508
Common Wiggler

Post by Drukqs7508 »

Willing to pay the DS UK retail price (£3000 / $3900) if anyone is bored of theirs!
Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft »

has anyone received their MC order lately? Just wondering if Overstayer is still 9-12 months behind on fulfilling orders.
Whatisvalis
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Whatisvalis »

Hovercraft wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:43 am has anyone received their MC order lately? Just wondering if Overstayer is still 9-12 months behind on fulfilling orders.
I think they're still 10 - 12 months out judging by a few posts on the GS thread. I'm going to email them soon just to make sure I'm still on the list - ordered mid September.
Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft »

Whatisvalis wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:43 am
Hovercraft wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:43 am has anyone received their MC order lately? Just wondering if Overstayer is still 9-12 months behind on fulfilling orders.
I think they're still 10 - 12 months out judging by a few posts on the GS thread. I'm going to email them soon just to make sure I'm still on the list - ordered mid September.
Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. Local artist just mentioned Overstayer is currently quoting 12 weeks for delivery (!) and wanted to confirm how long I've been waiting.
MikeJett
Learning to Wiggle

Post by MikeJett »

Want to buy WTB: Overstayer modular channel. If you're in here and you have one and think you might want to move it, hit me up please!
Whatisvalis
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Whatisvalis »

Just got an update email - looks like they now have enough part inventory to clear the several hundred unit backlog and should be able to provide actual eta’s in the coming weeks.
urogijani
Common Wiggler

Post by urogijani »

Yeah I’ve got the same update.
HenryBurlingame
Ultra Wiggler

Post by HenryBurlingame »

Oh, good to hear, I was thinking about ordering one earlier this year and they quoted me a 3 month wait time, but I didn't believe it. Looks like I was right. Guess I'll wait a little longer on it until people start reporting that production is moving again.
FS (US): Barefoot Footprint 02 Studio Monitors: https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewto ... 2#p3828842
Whatisvalis
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Whatisvalis »

Did anyone hear anything new about their order after the recent email update?
Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft »

Radio silence from Overstayer since the "update". I haven't heard of anyone else receiving units for a long time. My order is 9 months out and I'd be thrilled if it manages to come by the one year anniversary. The last email said several hundred units would be ready "in the next few weeks" and that was on May 25. We were also supposed to get ETA's for our units and that never happened either. For anyone thinking of putting in an order, I'd ask Overstayer when was their last shipment, and how long ago was the order placed? That will give a more realistic idea of how long an order is going to take.
urogijani
Common Wiggler

Post by urogijani »

The good news is that finally we have confirmation from Jeff Turzo, Overstayer's designer, that 200 x 8755 (DS & DM) will be ready for shipment very soon and that all orders older than 3 months will be shipped to us by the first half of August at the latest. By FPA.
Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft »

urogijani wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:16 pm The good news is that finally we have confirmation from Jeff Turzo, Overstayer's designer, that 200 x 8755 (DS & DM) will be ready for shipment very soon and that all orders older than 3 months will be shipped to us by the first half of August at the latest. By FPA.
Thanks for posting! That's great news.
induktor
Veteran Wiggler

Post by induktor »

I was just running it on the drum bus of a track I'm working on. Chefs kiss.
stice
Ultra Wiggler

Post by stice »

urogijani wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:16 pm The good news is that finally we have confirmation from Jeff Turzo, Overstayer's designer, that 200 x 8755 (DS & DM) will be ready for shipment very soon and that all orders older than 3 months will be shipped to us by the first half of August at the latest. By FPA.
Where did he say that?
Turn on. Plug in. S l e w d o w n.
urogijani
Common Wiggler

Post by urogijani »

He had a talk with FPAs sales manager and everybody who ordered one from FPA got a message which contained the text I posted. We was waiting for a shippement schedule long long ago and yesterday finally we got this message.
Stice wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:16 pm
Where did he say that?
enno
Wiggling with Experience

Post by enno »

What's FPA?
urogijani
Common Wiggler

Post by urogijani »

Flotaing Point Audio
enno
Wiggling with Experience

Post by enno »

aha - thanks :)
chaosium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chaosium »

Hrm, I’m confused. I’ve got a buss on my mixer with 2x insert cables (ending in XLR), running as line in and out through the MC.

I’m not getting any response with the insert connected, wonder what i could be doing wrong.

Next thing i try will be using a trs to two ts, then 1/4" to xlr cables, see if maybe the insert pinout is different on the mixer to where the XLR ports for the cable i have would need a gender swap.

Edit: Works with insert cable and 1/4" to XLR, I guess my ramsa wr-s4424 insert requires tip return and ring send, which doesn't work out with the default 1/4" to xlr female ring and xlr male tip I'd picked up.
Last edited by chaosium on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Gear”