Overstayer Modular Channel - Who has one?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.
electricfence
Ultra Wiggler

Re: Overstayer Modular Channel - Who has one?

Post by electricfence »

Nelson Baboon wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:13 pm
my biggest issue (which isn't obviously specific to this device) is, in a situation where i can't play too loud, how do i hear just the processed sound if i'm playing an instrument that is fairly loud by itself?
Nelson Baboon wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:13 pm One solution i've found (just winging it really) is to record some of the unprocessed sound and then play it back through the modular channel, and tweak until i find a good patch.
I don’t own a Modular Channel, but that seems like the best way to handle it. Just record it dry and tweak the effect on the recording.
chaosium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chaosium »

You've mentioned that you've got a problem but without enough details to get a direct answer.
in a situation where i can't play too loud, how do i hear just the processed sound if i'm playing an instrument that is fairly loud by itself? Even using earphones, the acoustic sound messes with the pure processed sound. maybe the solution is obvious, and i'm a dumbass (very possible).
Can you elaborate on what you mean by "messes with"?

You're playing an acoustic guitar or a drum set and the sound of what you're playing is greater than what you're putting through the headphones to avoid feedback or being picked up by mic?

Are your headphones open-backed or closed?
Modulus
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Modulus »

Got a call from Pinky, mine ships next week. Ordered April 2021. Seems like they are catching up now. :tu:
urogijani
Common Wiggler

Post by urogijani »

Sounds promising :)))
chaosium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chaosium »

Modulus wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:53 am Got a call from Pinky, mine ships next week. Ordered April 2021. Seems like they are catching up now. :tu:
Oh wild. ordered early march :(

Time to check up.
Last edited by chaosium on Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft »

Modulus wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:53 am Got a call from Pinky, mine ships next week. Ordered April 2021. Seems like they are catching up now. :tu:
Pinky don't lose that number
You don't wanna call nobody else
Send it off in a letter to yourself
Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom »

These days I've been having a lot of fun running things into the Overstayer twice, with less than conservative settings :

instagram
Data Roaming Records deep techno cassettes & digital
Oecus Podcast Live set from Chateau Perché Festival
Youtube Modules Demos
Jomox Alphabase Sample Pack
Dragonaut
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut »

Got an update today on my August order. The update is that there is no update. They are still struggling with component shortages and can’t give a timeframe on when the order is completed so it looks like my order wasn’t included in the last batch of components they received. Totally understandable given the world’s situation at the moment.
tl3ss
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tl3ss »

Dragonaut wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:20 pm Got an update today on my August order. The update is that there is no update. They are still struggling with component shortages and can’t give a timeframe on when the order is completed so it looks like my order wasn’t included in the last batch of components they received. Totally understandable given the world’s situation at the moment.
Thanks for the update. I try not to bother them too much asking for updates. Mine was in June and I haven’t heard anything yet.
Whatisvalis
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Whatisvalis »

Think I’ll ping them around 10 months from order - a year wait time is looking to be the norm.
chaosium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chaosium »

Whatisvalis wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:48 pm Think I’ll ping them around 10 months from order - a year wait time is looking to be the norm.
Yep, Zeno's paradoxes of "just about to ship" :)

I get that things suck at the moment, they're a great company and I can just make tiny noises here in the meanwhile before I make BIG-ass noises.
Last edited by chaosium on Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi5
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hi5 »

Ordered mine in Jan 2021 and received it Nov 2021 just before Thanksgiving. I know it sucks to hear the wait is long but I can confirm it was well worth the wait. It shreds.
tetno: https://soundcloud.com/richard-holhburn
Goiks: A eurorack setup is a contemporary folk instrument. Relatively accessible and portable. Largely by, of and for the people.
scrumbo mcgrumbo
Common Wiggler

Post by scrumbo mcgrumbo »

I’ve actually been thinking about selling mine, line in version. Not because of any disappointments, it’s absolutely amazing. I just haven’t been able to use it as much as a hoped and I feel bad about it not being used.
Scatre
Wiggling with Experience

Post by Scatre »

scrumbo mcgrumbo wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:26 am I’ve actually been thinking about selling mine, line in version. Not because of any disappointments, it’s absolutely amazing. I just haven’t been able to use it as much as a hoped and I feel bad about it not being used.
RIP your DMs.
Tumulishroomaroom
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Tumulishroomaroom »

Scatre wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:35 pm RIP your DMs.
But what if it's the DS version 8-)
instagram
Data Roaming Records deep techno cassettes & digital
Oecus Podcast Live set from Chateau Perché Festival
Youtube Modules Demos
Jomox Alphabase Sample Pack
chaosium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chaosium »

Got mine, been rocking out so far and trying to understand the flow, and tame it however I can :)

Starting out with everything SCREAMING at me and moving to a more nuanced sound.
urogijani
Common Wiggler

Post by urogijani »

When and where did you ordered ? I am still waiting on mine.
chaosium wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:43 am Got mine, been rocking out so far and trying to understand the flow, and tame it however I can :)

Starting out with everything SCREAMING at me and moving to a more nuanced sound.
chaosium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chaosium »

Ordered direct from Overstayer, took just over 1y to receipt.

You could probably ask Overstayer if they release some to distributors intermittently, but I imagine distributors have a preorder backlog as well.
urogijani wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:50 am When and where did you ordered ? I am still waiting on mine.
chaosium wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:43 am Got mine, been rocking out so far and trying to understand the flow, and tame it however I can :)

urogijani
Common Wiggler

Post by urogijani »

Ahhh ok. Thanks for the answer ;)
chaosium wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:57 am Ordered direct from Overstayer, took just over 1y to receipt.

You could probably ask Overstayer if they release some to distributors intermittently, but I imagine distributors have a preorder backlog as well.
urogijani wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:50 am When and where did you ordered ? I am still waiting on mine.

eltnet
Common Wiggler

Post by eltnet »

Does somebody has another contact than info@ ?
Because i can't get answer from them. Maybe my emails fall in junk box.
Kawouddd
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Kawouddd »

chaosium wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:57 am Ordered direct from Overstayer, took just over 1y to receipt.

KMR claimed to have them in stock / for immediate delivery for a chunk of recent time, when people here were posting about one year waiting lists.

KMR do not currently claim to have them in stock. Edit: that’s unfair, they’re ambiguous. I can take one to checkout with no indication that it is not available for immediate delivery.
chaosium
Veteran Wiggler

Post by chaosium »

eltnet wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:09 am Does somebody has another contact than info@ ?
Because i can't get answer from them. Maybe my emails fall in junk box.
What answer are you looking for? Estimates were more hopeful guesses during the time so I would not expect them to be more willing to provide than they did in the past.

If the question is about anything more tangible that they can address, they’ll pick up if called on the telephone.
Kawouddd wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:40 am

KMR claimed to have them in stock / for immediate delivery for a chunk of recent time, when people here were posting about one year waiting lists.

KMR do not currently claim to have them in stock. Edit: that’s unfair, they’re ambiguous. I can take one to checkout with no indication that it is not available for immediate delivery.
Certainly possible, but also worth calling to confirm before placing the order :)
eltnet
Common Wiggler

Post by eltnet »

chaosium wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:03 am What answer are you looking for?
I need a quotation shipped to Japan... And then I just want to order one.
Grapeskid
1-Post Wiggler

Post by Grapeskid »

That's what I got from them the 18th of march: https://ibb.co/7pbSLT8. Seems that they are going to recieve components this week and speed up the process.
Btw ordered last week or so. It's gonna be a long wait.:D
Jason Brock
just visiting

Post by Jason Brock »

Hate to see pricing like this, but I bet someone will overpay. $4,000 on Reverb.
https://reverb.com/item/52570864-overstayer-modular-channel-stereo-model-8755dm

Return to “General Gear”