Overstayer Modular Channel - Who has one?

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.
m0rb1d
Filtersweep Abuser

Re: Overstayer Modular Channel - Who has one?

Post by m0rb1d »

Check the routing switches that determine which input it’s coming from, make sure the insert switch isn’t up and make sure that the sidechain switch isn’t positioned in the middle.
enno
Wiggling with Experience

Post by enno »

urogijani wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:55 am He had a talk with FPAs sales manager and everybody who ordered one from FPA got a message which contained the text I posted. We was waiting for a shippement schedule long long ago and yesterday finally we got this message.
Stice wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:16 pm
urogijani wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:16 pm The good news is that finally we have confirmation from Jeff Turzo, Overstayer's designer, that 200 x 8755 (DS & DM) will be ready for shipment very soon and that all orders older than 3 months will be shipped to us by the first half of August at the latest. By FPA.
Where did he say that?

Did anything happen here? Has there been a wave of Overstayer preorders being fulfilled? Would be nice :)
Whatisvalis
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Whatisvalis »

I think I saw a post on GS thread about some parts not being the right quality.
James_S
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by James_S »

I'm sure this has probably been seen before but I think it's great for those of us who would love an overstayer but can't afford one. In reality the same could be done using modules..

urogijani
Common Wiggler

Post by urogijani »

Can you send a link please ?
Whatisvalis wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:11 pm I think I saw a post on GS thread about some parts not being the right quality.
stice
Ultra Wiggler

Post by stice »

Overstayer told me the same, they had some relays that weren’t up to their standards.
Turn on. Plug in. S l e w d o w n.
Hovercraft
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Hovercraft »

From the GS thread, the replacement relays were also bad, so here's hoping the third batch of relays are high quality and don't take months to arrive. I'm back to thinking I'll be lucky to get a MC by my one year mark in October.
Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff »

sort of speaking of which--I have a spot in the next batch but am moving on to something else for processing. So if anyone wants to grab my spot in line, lemme know!
drxcm
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by drxcm »

^ not interested in your spot (as I already have a Modular Channel) but curious, what are you going for instead?
Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff »

drxcm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:53 am ^ not interested in your spot (as I already have a Modular Channel) but curious, what are you going for instead?
honestly just a simpler 2-buss saturator type thing (something like the handsome audio zulu)--I just know that I probably don't need a lot of what the MC offers.
drxcm
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by drxcm »

Sir Ruff wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:01 am
drxcm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:53 am ^ not interested in your spot (as I already have a Modular Channel) but curious, what are you going for instead?
honestly just a simpler 2-buss saturator type thing (something like the handsome audio zulu)--I just know that I probably don't need a lot of what the MC offers.
ah cool -FWIW I found the Zulu quite subtle and sold mine. Have you looked at the LTL Silver Bullet - that is amazing too.
Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff »

drxcm wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:25 am
Sir Ruff wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:01 am
ah cool -FWIW I found the Zulu quite subtle and sold mine. Have you looked at the LTL Silver Bullet - that is amazing too.
yes, silver bullet also would be good but seems to be having its own supply chain issue. Plus, I think I actually want something very subtle--I don't really need a ton of additional tone shaping or options, just something extra on the whole mix
Sinamsis
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sinamsis »

Sir Ruff wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:28 am sort of speaking of which--I have a spot in the next batch but am moving on to something else for processing. So if anyone wants to grab my spot in line, lemme know!
PMd you
Dragonaut
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut »

Hovercraft wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 pm From the GS thread, the replacement relays were also bad, so here's hoping the third batch of relays are high quality and don't take months to arrive. I'm back to thinking I'll be lucky to get a MC by my one year mark in October.
I’m at a year this month.
tl3ss
Wiggling with Experience

Post by tl3ss »

Dragonaut wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:32 pm
Hovercraft wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:20 pm From the GS thread, the replacement relays were also bad, so here's hoping the third batch of relays are high quality and don't take months to arrive. I'm back to thinking I'll be lucky to get a MC by my one year mark in October.
I’m at a year this month.
Those are rookie numbers! In all seriousness, I feel your pain. I should’ve waited to sell what I’m replacing it with.
Ushijima
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Ushijima »

One unit is for sale right now on audiofanzine (french forum) might be worth posting here for EU resident I believe :)
Sir Ruff
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Sir Ruff »

Sinamsis wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:41 am
Sir Ruff wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:28 am sort of speaking of which--I have a spot in the next batch but am moving on to something else for processing. So if anyone wants to grab my spot in line, lemme know!
PMd you
can't seem to edit original post--spot has been claimed, thanks!
MikeJett
Learning to Wiggle

Post by MikeJett »

Any updates on wait times buying direct?
Dragonaut
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut »

Last update said that they had gotten a bad batch of parts. No update since then on whether those parts have been replaced or how many units worth of parts were obtained. I have to imagine that Overstayer doesn’t want to give a precise timeline due to uncertainty around parts and it must be rough for them to maintain the business under these conditions. I’m at one year and three months at this point.
Whatisvalis
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Whatisvalis »

The last email I got, and I’m at around 13 months too, was that mine was part of a large production batch awaiting a small redesign because of part availability. They were in the process of setting up with a local manufacturer to help with the part issues.
urogijani
Common Wiggler

Post by urogijani »

Same here. 2-3 month ago I wrote to Overstayer and got an answer from Pinky that the redesign went cool and they will send out the units next week to the manufacturer from where I ordered, than after that I was asking if they sent out and I got the answer that not yet because of some problems, but they will next week. Then got the same message from the dealer, that Overstayer sent out a batch to them this week and they will send out the modules next week in the order of purchases. This was 3 weeks ago and still nothing, so I think they still not get the units yet. I hope they get them soon. I am at 12-13 month too.
Whatisvalis wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:56 am The last email I got, and I’m at around 13 months too, was that mine was part of a large production batch awaiting a small redesign because of part availability. They were in the process of setting up with a local manufacturer to help with the part issues.
soundsculptor
Wiggling with Experience

Post by soundsculptor »

I have received a unit through a dealer in europe. Ordered 16 months ago. I guess, everybody waiting will see progress relatively soon. It´s worth the wait.
don´t critisize it - equalize it
josematou
Learning to Wiggle

Post by josematou »

soundsculptor wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:58 am I have received a unit through a dealer in europe. Ordered 16 months ago. I guess, everybody waiting will see progress relatively soon. It´s worth the wait.
me too received one after 14 month, i couldn't agree more, this thing is a beast. but i don't know if it's the redesigned one or not
stice
Ultra Wiggler

Post by stice »

Good to know. I’m at 8 months, hopefully they can move through orders quickly!
Turn on. Plug in. S l e w d o w n.

Return to “General Gear”