"Older" parts? You mean like 2-3 year old parts?MARK27 wrote:I don't think it's a firmware update.
I think they are talking about physically replacing older parts with newer ones.
Older parts. Right.
In any case that emphasizes my point further.
Hmnn.. why would I be paying attention?But if you never liked the synth to begin with, why are you even paying attention?
1. I was in the market for a synth like that and actually purchased it.
2. Quickly realizing the synth was Sub Par 37 at least; if not just a complete hurried hack job, I was interested in getting other's opinions on the matter to see if my feelings were in the ballpark. Other folks on this forum and on the street shared my views.(concerning specific issues)
3. I'm interested in Moog products.
4. I'm interested in other people's opinions of Moog products.
5. I got the news about the Sub 37 being discontinued and it's replacement with the Subsequent. This concretely confirmed my feelings about the synth.
6. Then I saw this thread about the Sub Series and wanted to read up and maybe comment further on this matter. Seeing as how I had direct experiences with the synth.
I don't know, does that answer your question about why I would be paying attention?
Is it ok with you if I pay attention to things that interest me?
The Sub 37 was a hunk of junk. Period.
That's why it was discontinued and replaced.
That's why they're putting out replacement parts and cute little notices about how you should keep enjoying it.
Keep enjoying it. It has keys that make noises and big filter knob that you can turn.