Nord Drum 2

Any music gear discussions that don't fit into one of the other forums.

Moderators: Kent, luketeaford, Joe.

Post Reply
User avatar
tIB
Stainer!
Posts: 9618
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:28 am
Location: UK

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by tIB » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:59 am

Lep multicassa has been something I've enjoyed playing over.

User avatar
dooj88
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2288
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:31 pm
Location: VA
Contact:

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by dooj88 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:30 am

chvad wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:17 pm
tIB wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:42 am
I've had all three of the nord drums - the superiority of the 2s sound engine over the 3p is overstated - it has 2 extra parameters (one of which is an attack stage) but lacks some FX. The 2 has the trigger inputs obviously, which is a loss if triggering from modular, though the 3p has those pads. Win win really - the 2 and 3p are great machines. The one is pretty cool too in a far more stripped down way.
Having had the two and the three I totally agree. I just miss the form factor of the 2. I wish they'd pushed that out as an option with the 3.
solutions - individual triggers via midi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
wuff_miggler
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:11 pm
Location: Disney, Australia

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by wuff_miggler » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:41 am

hmmm...so i'm trying to send midi from my laptop via Roland UM-ONE cable (usb to midi) to the ND2.

i have the nord set to global off/local control off

i can see the Roland cable light up when i send a midi message on channels 3-6 (and i can hear the drums play)

however - channels 1 and 2 do not light up nor sound.

Anyone experienced this?

User avatar
wuff_miggler
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:11 pm
Location: Disney, Australia

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by wuff_miggler » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:58 am

bump.

tried a different older midi device (my NI Audio Kontrol 1) - ive set global to off, set local control off.
I can successfully send midi data on individual channels 3-6 but channel 1 (being sent on the audio kontrol and Roland Cable) is going to 2 on the ND 2 or not at all.

seems unlikely the ND 2 doesnt work on channel 1 and 2? also having the same problem on 2 different midi devices seems unlikely.

Im a bit stumped.

advrsry
Common Wiggler
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:44 am
Location: Modular Grid

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by advrsry » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:40 am

wuff_miggler wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:41 am
hmmm...so i'm trying to send midi from my laptop via Roland UM-ONE cable (usb to midi) to the ND2.

i have the nord set to global off/local control off

i can see the Roland cable light up when i send a midi message on channels 3-6 (and i can hear the drums play)

however - channels 1 and 2 do not light up nor sound.

Anyone experienced this?
I remember that you can configure which channels it will respond to on the ND. Did you check that it's set up as you expect? The manual has the details, sorry for being vague.

User avatar
wuff_miggler
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:11 pm
Location: Disney, Australia

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by wuff_miggler » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:05 pm

^ groan...
i just opened up the manual again - i was looking at the completely incorrect midi section before....which explains why some settings were missing - i am going to try it again tonight :D

User avatar
wuff_miggler
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:11 pm
Location: Disney, Australia

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by wuff_miggler » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:45 am

all works fine now :-) midi notes were set to same numbers by previous owner - and i stupidly have not been moving to each midi channel on the ND and settings the note values there. works like a charm - love this drum module to bits! Nord Pad app is prety cool too for some fun :-)

theotteryears
Common Wiggler
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: Brighton, UK
Contact:

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by theotteryears » Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:07 pm

does anyone have a problem sending midi cc parameter change and a midi note at the same time?

when sequencing the WAVE parameter on 8th notes, and sending a midi note on 8th notes at the same time, the sound just becomes a click...

am I doing something wrong here?

Illiac

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by Illiac » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:34 am

theotteryears wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:07 pm
does anyone have a problem sending midi cc parameter change and a midi note at the same time?

when sequencing the WAVE parameter on 8th notes, and sending a midi note on 8th notes at the same time, the sound just becomes a click...

am I doing something wrong here?
It does the same thing for me. Not sure if there's a setting to change, but I just send CC's from a separate track in my DAW from the note sequence and it works perfectly.

User avatar
wuff_miggler
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:11 pm
Location: Disney, Australia

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by wuff_miggler » Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:17 am

^ i also send midi notes on the global channel - and individual CCs for each voice on their own midi channels.

theotteryears
Common Wiggler
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: Brighton, UK
Contact:

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by theotteryears » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:06 am

cool - thanks for the replies. I'm using a Nerdseq though so am a little limited in free channels for this.

It only happens on the WAVE parameter though so I'm guessing the ND2 needs a little more time in loading this compared to other parameters...

User avatar
Catchthehare
Common Wiggler
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:06 am
Location: London

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by Catchthehare » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:27 am

theotteryears wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:06 am
cool - thanks for the replies. I'm using a Nerdseq though so am a little limited in free channels for this.

It only happens on the WAVE parameter though so I'm guessing the ND2 needs a little more time in loading this compared to other parameters...
Speaking of Nerdseq, here's an initial pairing with ND2 after I figured out all midi prgm and parameter changes. This one is using only 2 midi tracks on the Nerdseq.


User avatar
Catchthehare
Common Wiggler
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:06 am
Location: London

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by Catchthehare » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 am

Delete

User avatar
acidbob
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 2931
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:48 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by acidbob » Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:21 am

Catchthehare wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 am
Delete
NEVER ! HAHAHA! :slapfight:

User avatar
wuff_miggler
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1276
Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:11 pm
Location: Disney, Australia

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by wuff_miggler » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:52 pm

Catchthehare wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:27 am
theotteryears wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:06 am
cool - thanks for the replies. I'm using a Nerdseq though so am a little limited in free channels for this.

It only happens on the WAVE parameter though so I'm guessing the ND2 needs a little more time in loading this compared to other parameters...
Speaking of Nerdseq, here's an initial pairing with ND2 after I figured out all midi prgm and parameter changes. This one is using only 2 midi tracks on the Nerdseq.

wow - neat - the nd2 is such a masterpiece :D @catchthehare - you need to make a recording worth of that shit :-) melodic, skittery, borderline breakcore/IDM is in short supply!

User avatar
Catchthehare
Common Wiggler
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:06 am
Location: London

Re: Nord Drum 2

Post by Catchthehare » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:27 pm

wuff_miggler wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:52 pm
Catchthehare wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:27 am
theotteryears wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:06 am
cool - thanks for the replies. I'm using a Nerdseq though so am a little limited in free channels for this.

It only happens on the WAVE parameter though so I'm guessing the ND2 needs a little more time in loading this compared to other parameters...
Speaking of Nerdseq, here's an initial pairing with ND2 after I figured out all midi prgm and parameter changes. This one is using only 2 midi tracks on the Nerdseq.

wow - neat - the nd2 is such a masterpiece :D @catchthehare - you need to make a recording worth of that shit :-) melodic, skittery, borderline breakcore/IDM is in short supply!
Thanks a lot, I feel the same way! Will work on some more and get an EP together

Post Reply

Return to “General Gear”