Your fav Bug configurations

Modular and other sound devices from BugBrand.

Moderators: Kent, BugBrand

freakynorth
Withered Gardener

Your fav Bug configurations

Post by freakynorth » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:21 am

What’re some of your go-to’s when it comes to Bug set ups?
Big rigs or small rigs.. old modules or new modules.. past setups or present set ups, whatever!
Let’s see them.. hear them.. or hear about them!
Batchas Bug Scrotum Lab modules included.

I have just got my first Bug rig going so I have yet to form an opinion of my own on the subject.

:bugbrand: :bugbrand: :bugbrand:
Last edited by freakynorth on Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WANT TO BUY:
Bugbrand/Scrotum Lab - Le Seq, Le Seq Expander, Radio Music

BananaPlug
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Re: Your fav Bug pairings

Post by BananaPlug » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:49 pm

Here's a simple one. CTL2 (joy stick) and Dual Filter. Run X&Y from the stick to the filter CVs. The filters are in series, usually Low to Hi. Resonance pretty high so it will ping a bit. Feed it some subaudio pulse or saw.
:nana:

DickMarker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DickMarker » Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:03 am

Chirper & DDSR internally bussed

The sounds you can get when you send two CVCOs into the wave folder section of the Dual Amplifier, set nice and hot

Robert's Radio Music through the COF and PT Delay

And tons more

lud
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lud » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:45 am

All of em! Unlike eurorack everything plays well together and bugs are straightforward in a good way so I haven't found many secret tricks, and never use just 2 modules.
DDSR and DRM is an obvious and great combination and could be a nice standalone system. DDSR and BBV sequencer or logic? Don't own the BBV anymore but they're good together

athletic_beetle
Common Wiggler

Post by athletic_beetle » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:13 pm

lud wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:45 am
DDSR and DRM is an obvious and great combination and could be a nice standalone system.
and thats exactly what i started with!
only thing i would add is a clock source. so compact VCO or dual envelope or something like that

batchas
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batchas » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:50 am

DickMarker wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:03 am
I don't have these but this seems indeed a great combo!
lud wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:45 am
DDSR and DRM is an obvious and great combination and could be a nice standalone system.
DRM is killer.
Fun guaranteed.
DickMarker wrote:
Robert's Radio Music through the COF and PT Delay
BugBrand COF and PT Delay :sb:
I was watching this yesterday. It fits!

EDIT: often comes the question "does BugBrand goes well with this system or that system".
Tom's modules blue or red go well with everything. They add a special touch and they are beautiful.

DickMarker
Veteran Wiggler

Post by DickMarker » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:44 am

batchas wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:50 am
DickMarker wrote:
I don't have these but this seems indeed a great combo!
It really is - I've got a tape coming out soon that's a sort of attempt at making mock alien muzak radio station recordings and this combo was the bedrock of the two pieces - the DDSR modulating the Chirper and then feeding the modulated Chirper back into the DDSR and so on and so on...great fun!

BugBrand
Knowledge of Bugs

Re: Your fav Bug configurations

Post by BugBrand » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:54 am

Dualing feedback - both with VCOs (like within Chirper!) and Dual Filter.. ie. the output of one goes into the modulation input of the other - so you get like an X of cross modulation...

I often set the Dual Filter this way & then hit it with triggers - put the outputs then through the Dual Amp fold/sat sectionsfor some audio weight.

chrisdermo
Ultra Wiggler

Post by chrisdermo » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:40 am

BugBrand wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:54 am
Dualing feedback - both with VCOs (like within Chirper!) and Dual Filter.. ie. the output of one goes into the modulation input of the other - so you get like an X of cross modulation...

I often set the Dual Filter this way & then hit it with triggers - put the outputs then through the Dual Amp fold/sat sectionsfor some audio weight.
100% my favourite thing to do in almost this exact configuration with the filters. If you set them to only sound when pinged the cross mod only happens when each filter shares a hit. It's pure joy!
Summing both into the old Freq shifter and dialling in feedback adds even more trashy crunchy bubbly weirdness when parallel mixed with the signals straight from the wavefolders. Great to spread each signal acrorss the stereo field. Mmmmm.
WTB / WTTF: Bugbrand PRC2B, ENV1

Current Bugs frame:
https://www.modulargrid.net/f/racks/view/1340165

shred
desperation tentacle

Post by shred » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:22 pm

absolutely going to try that dueling feedback patch!

Lately I've been enjoying pairing the joystick with everything; probably will make an effort to try various combinations just for the fun of it.
I set up a patch the other day which I'll probably build on more, but the main nexus was the joystick x and y patched to the cv of each filter in the Dual Filter. One filter set to lowpass the other highpass, and one filter set to full positive modulation and the other full negative... same sound source going through both filters (in this case, field recordings) and the joystick set to bipolar. Creates a wonderful playground of different filter textures.
A Dingleberry Monstrosity wrote:CATS OR GTFO!!!!!

www.shredderghost.bandcamp.com

hollunderkurve
Common Wiggler

Post by hollunderkurve » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:03 am

can echo some of the other things people have mentioned thus far - been messing with the joystick in a lot of different configurations in my 2F recently, as well as with filter feedback - but over the past few days I have started messing around with a "no input" feedback loop between the PTDelay (standalone) and one of the old standalone blue 𝛍crusher pedals - been blowing me away how much sonic range, subtlety and mayhem can come from just slight shifts between those two units - started as just a random idea to break out of some habitual patterns of approaching stuff :party:

Return to “BugBrand Devices”